It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I agree that they have underestimated the "most at risk" number. The article also says that they're "monitoring 40 people" but believe them to be at low risk. Funny how neither of those numbers jibe with the 80-100 people they're officially saying might have been exposed.

Spin, spin, spin by the media.

Meanwhile, let's hope there are no pressure-sprayed Ebola droplets on the box that our unidentified man is picking up. Sheesh!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Getting ready for update on inmate at Cobb county jail
Link

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Don't you just love when the important videos won't even load up *sarcasm*

Not blaming you, just saying it's important info you'd think the people running the site would be able to figure out how to get it running lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
Link

me too. trying to pick up what the dude on the phone is saying.
he is down on the ground talking and the camera mic is picking him up but with all the chatter i cant hear him

edit*

he called someone and asked them if he can meet them after the press conference to do a story
edit on 3-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Second possible ebola case in DC!

2nd Possible Case

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just heard them say on the local radio this morning...

"The only way you can catch ebola is from direct contact with someone who has it."

From what ive read, this is a lie. Fomites....look it up.

The calm mongering continues here in Texas.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Link

Thanks. I just drove by there. Holding my breath. Ha.

ETA a reply to: AutOmatIc
Someone or someone's fluids, which could, literally, be anywhere.
edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: texasgirl

Whats even stranger, the more they get excited, the more into the zone you go. Calm, cool and collected.

That's our girl, I am proud of how well you are handling this, getting information to share while making your own preps.

Thank you. I do the best I can.

There has been something I've wanted to share but haven't because I am not finding any links on it. When they first announced we had confirmation for Ebola they did a very brief interview with Tom Geisbert. I thought 'wait a minute, I've heard of this guy. He was featured in that book THE HOT ZONE about the Ebola virus in Reston, VA.' He basically agreed with all the other talking heads that this Ebola in Dallas was something we could contain and that not to get too worried about. I'm, like, 'What?!' I start going through my Hot Zone book and, sure enough, this very same Tom Geisbert was the virologist who totally freaked out about the monkey virus, even though it wasn't transmitting to humans. As a matter of fact, USAMRID was terrified themselves. But they put on a good show in public by acting as if it was no big deal, nothing to see here.

Was he lying? It just seemed like a 180 degree turn. Read The Hot Zone. If he was terrified about the Reston strain then what is he REALLY thinking about having an actual human case now?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Still about a half hour out. The stream is up and running, there are media guys milling about, dinking with cell phones.

Standing by for good news, but have my hesitations. Usually an announcement about an announcement = badness. If it was a negative result, why not just tell us that right after they knew?

I hate the ratings game.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Well they sure are taking their time, 3:30 my....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Just for reference, the Reston strain WAS airborne. Maybe he isn't worried because this strain is not??

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity
Well they sure are taking their time, 3:30 my....

Things move...slower...in the South

Do they have a rapid test for ebola these days? I've been out of the loop. This person just got arrested last night, right?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well I think one of ........ use Political Actor's. These actors are brought in to diffuse potential situations where society begins to erupt before they are ready for them to. They can get to people and unless they go along with the plan they can be threatened. Has he lost anyone close recently, since the book?

Also, are you seeing any boots on the ground yet? Are there any eye witness accounts though social media of a build up of services such as NG or others? This could lead us straight into a UN situation where the Military does not even speak English, just follow orders.

I may be stepping over the line by saying that but really this would be a good time to check in with social media such as twitter and such.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

WSB (my company
) just said he tested negative and that's what the announcement will be. Whew.

They also said they have not been able to verify the dude was even in Africa. I'm just glad they listened and followed protocol.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth

Just for reference, the Reston strain WAS airborne. Maybe he isn't worried because this strain is not??

But only in monkeys. And it was aerosolized droplets. Humans were not getting sick.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Exactly. But if it had jumped, it would have been catastrophic.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Surprised to not see a link to the official whitehouse response:

www.whitehouse.gov...

briefing will be at 3:30PM today

saw not much of it on the msm sites

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
whatnext21...starting now...

www.11alive.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

From my post on about page 34:

Airborne and droplet transmission both technically travel through the air to infect others; the difference lies in the size of the infective particles. Smaller droplets persist in the air longer and are able to travel farther- these droplets are truly “airborne.” Larger droplets can neither travel as far nor persist for very long. Fomites are inanimate objects that can transmit disease if they are contaminated with infectious agents. In this study, a monkey’s cage could have been contaminated when workers were cleaning a nearby pig cage. If the monkey touched the contaminated cage surface and then its mouth or eyes, it could have been infected.

Author Dr. Gary Kobinger suspects that the virus is transmitted through droplets, not fomites, because evidence of infection in the lungs of the monkeys indicated that the virus was inhaled.

What do these findings mean? First and foremost, Ebola is not suddenly an airborne disease. As expert commentators at ProMED stated, the experiments “demonstrate the susceptibility of pigs to Zaire Ebolavirus and that the virus from infected pigs can be transmitted to macaques under experimental conditions… they fall short of establishing that this is a normal route of transmission in the natural environment.” Furthermore, because human Ebola outbreaks have historically been locally contained, it is unlikely that Ebola can spread between humans via airborne transmission.

- See more at: healthmap.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
it be nice if sheriff good ole boy with his flappy jowls and dentures out would actually tell us whats up instead of talking about how proud he is with his staff and how good they did cleaning.....

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join