It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bella2256
This just came up here in Atlanta, seems we have a possible inmate in Cobb county being quarantined..all it states is that he recently traveled from Africa.

www.cbs46.com...

Wonderful. That's three miles from me. Well at least Emory and the CDC are here. But hell knows how many people these drunken body fluids came into contact with along his trip to jail, through processing, and whle in jail.

Let's hope he tests negative.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

You can do whatever you want with your children, what are they going to do, you de-enroll the child and tell them your moving and apply to online homeschooling programs, the reality in the end is if you give your child the education you don't have to worry, All you have to do is have the child testing high, they have to let them back in when ready and they wont loose grades if the test scores are there, any teen get into a 2 or even most 4 year Universities with a really high GED and SAT score...

So Eff em if they can't take a joke.

LOL, speak Spanish when the Truant officer arrives through the peep hole on your door...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I know the feeling, it is about 5 miles from me as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

The thing your 100% right about is the possibility of animal vectors, the reality is we have absolutely no idea what animals can become vectors in North America, we have different mosquito types, but the most worrisome critters would be rats and mice, if rats and mice can carry in the States we are in for some serious problems, end of the union for a time problems. The number of refugees is going to increase and if ONE, ONE Rat in NYC contracts during the winter months your going to have the worst pandemic in Human history.

But that is an if...

As far as the spread from infected people, cleaning a school etc, I don't view that as a big deal, the first thing you'd want to do is seal the windows and raise the heat, relatively easy, bring the school to 100+ degrees inside, the virus wont last anywhere in there more than 48 hrs and that's being generous, sanitize the hot spots, have the janitors come in with gloves and do normal cleaning small amounts of Bleach in the water, it's just not that resilient. A close of a week for a school would be fine...

That's the problem. They didn't close the schools. This was an over night cleaning job.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
PHOTOS: Dallas Crews Clean Up EBOLA VOMIT Without SUITS!

WFAA image of individuals pressure washing Mr. Duncan’s ebola laced vomit from the pavement/sidewalk. The men are not wearing any biohazard protective clothing or gear and there is a woman walking through the liquid in the parking lot wearing sandles. (wtd)

Here’s another photo of the unprotected worker cleaning up Ebola vomit on the sidewalk with a power washer.

A worker power washes the sidewalk in front of the apartment unit at The Ivy Apartments where a man diagnosed with the Ebola virus was staying in Dallas, Texas October 2, 2014. Up to 100 people may have had direct or indirect contact with the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, and four people have been quarantined in a Dallas apartment, health officials said on Thursday. (REUTERS/Mike Stone)

link

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Maybe I should have included complacency and just plain old cluster-fracking...

But it's arrogance too.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can speak with some authority on the subject of the cleanup of the infectious fluids from the property where Patient Zero resided. I am in charge of the environmental issues of a medium-sized local government, especially as they relate to stormwater and wastewater. I can't give out a specific location nor comment on issues within that municipality due to social media policies, but nothing restricts me from commenting on what is going on in other counties. I also have some background in healthcare.

I have heard the question raised about treatment of the runoff from the VERY FOOLISH pressure washing operation to clean up the infected vomitus from the sidewalk. In addition to aerosolizing that material, in my opinion the sun would be insufficient to completely eradicate 100% of the virus particles. Viruses are very small and could remain on the undersides of any particulate matter contained in the vomitus, shielding them from the deleterious UV rays that would destroy them.

So now we have the potential for live viruses to enter Dallas' MS4 (municipal separate storm sewer system). Once they are washed down the drain, they enter an environment that is cool, wet, and dark. Ebola Zaire would have a longer period of viability in these conditions. MOST storm sewer systems do not mix with sanitary sewer systems (SSS) as that volume of stormwater in the SSS plays havoc with the treatment plants. SSS are designed to deal with infectious diseases as they contain chlorine or ultraviolet disinfection equipment. Most MS4s do not contain any treatment facilities at all, dumping directly into surface water. The MS4s that do have treatment are equipped to deal with pollution such as oil, fertilizers, and trash.
That is why you see the labels on your city's storm drains that say "Dump no waste - Drains to stream."

Perfect example is pet wastes. If state environmental agencies test a water body and find it to have elevated levels of fecal coliform, we have to go find out why. Usually it is due to runoff from parks, but we still have to go look for illegal sewer connections into the storm sewer system. Believe me, it happens a lot.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh, and that pressure washing guy is breaking state law, too. He is dumping a ton of sediment into the storm drains..if he has a discharge permit at all. In my state pressure washing operators are supposed to have a discharge permit designed specifically to prevent what he is doing.

That's from USEPA, too

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

What are your thoughts about the Ebola virus entering the sewage systems.

Are the water treatment plants capable of killing the virus or is that yet to be determined?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Yea, did anyone see the water bottle on the ground next to the guy power washing/aerosolizing ? Is that his water?
Sorry, sarcasm is all I have left.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

ooh that's not good.........did they just pressure hose it down or did they spray bleach on it first???????? anybody know???

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

that was covered in this thread yesterday..

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sickofitall2012
Yea, did anyone see the water bottle on the ground next to the guy power washing/aerosolizing ? Is that his water?
Sorry, sarcasm is all I have left.

Did now! Missed it the first time.

Looks like there are two water bottles (one on the sidewalk & one next to the hose in the parking lot)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Oh GOD that picture of the little child will haunt me, poor poor little innocent.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Hi ya Hellas,

Sorry about that. I didn't look at all the past pages.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

New possible in DC, traveled from west africa.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Highly dependent on the treatment facility, but likely. The last wastewater plant I worked in had a UV chamber the size of a car. Then again, our outfall discharged directly into a wetland so our treated wastewater was cleaner than what came out of the tap.

Older facility, maybe, maybe not. Again, it is dependent on the facility. What you should be concerned with is that treatment happens at the end of the line, not the beginning. There can be tens to hundreds of thousands of linear feet of pipe, manholes, sewer force mains, and lift stations before the sewage gets to the treatment plant. Guess what happens when you get a heavy rain? Lift station pumps get overloaded, breakers trip, and the lift station wells fill up. Once they get really full, sewage backs up into people's homes and the streets..where it enters the untreated storm sewer.

That happens a lot, too. A LOT.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
I was bringing my boys to school this morning, extremely small town in south jersey, anyway, we seen this HUGE CDC truck going in the opposite direction. That was a tad nerve wracking. Just wondering WTH they were doing all the way down here?? Hopefully just passing through. We have heard of only 1 child in our county with possible Ebola, but nowhere around my neighborhood......as I said, I sure hope they were just driving by....

OK so I missed your post, are you saying that there is a possible child ebloa case in New Jersey and now there is a CDC truck passing though?

Thank you for making me double check my notes!! I've been keeping tabs on the Ebola outbreaks & the entrovirus outbreaks. My sincere apologies, we have a case of the ENTROVIRUS here in camden county, NOT EBOLA!! So sorry for that mistake. I was shaken when I saw the CDC truck & got confused. I still have 2 young children to worry about, so I was just worried just to even see the big truck going down our little road... My apologies & TY AGAIN!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: Hellas

Hi ya Hellas,

Sorry about that. I didn't look at all the past pages.

No problem buddy

And yes those were guys washing the ebola vomit down the drain.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Wouldn't help much. The guidelines that i've seen states that Ebola disinfecting times for standard 10:1 water/bleach is 10 minutes. I doubt they used undiluted bleach. I could be wrong, though. I wasn't there, and if I had been someone would be in a quarantine at the local jail under charges of negligence, public endangerment, and illegal discharge of infectious wastes into my waterways.

It's hard enough doing my job without jackwagons not using common sense and making it worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join