It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I appreciate any information that you can share as I am certain others do as well.

I can understand your frustration with the scripted cheery attitude of the media.

On my local news station this morning they showed a quick blurb about people in the Dallas region receiving an automated phone call from the emergency services basically trying to calm people down and stop any potential unfounded fears?

Also wondering if they have done any emergency broadcasts on your local and regional Tv stations? You the "This is only a test of the emergency broadcast system"

edit on am1031amFri, 03 Oct 2014 09:44:49 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth
a reply to: JustMike

During one of the first press conferences from the local Dallas authorities they made it pretty clear to the media that it would be a bad idea to promote any sort of fear mongering.

Understandably so. Chaos could be worse than anything.

That might be the cause of the "cheery" attitude and coverage.

Nonetheless, I see reporting on anything less than the facts and truth of a situation, a coverup.

-Cheers

Yes, that makes total sense. I forgot about that. But I'm still irritated!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
Hello to you neighbor.

I found what I was looking for: the tail numbers and subsequent flights of the 2 planes Mr. Duncan was aboard in Dulles & Dallas.

abc7.com...

The UA flight 822, tail number N482UA that landed in Dallas, TX went on to Denver, Jackson Hole, WY, back to Denver, off to Portland, OR, and then San Francisco.

UA Flight 951, tail number N771UA, left Dulles for Frankfurt International, and then back to Washington Dulles International.

Fingers crossed he hadn't taken a fever reducer to mask symptoms. If any ebola cases are reported in these cities, we know one possible avenue of exposure.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Delay in Dallas Ebola Cleanup as Workers Balk at Task

www.msn.com...

The officials said it had been difficult to find a contractor willing to enter the apartment to clean it and remove bedding and clothes, which they said had been bagged in plastic. They said they now had hired a firm that would do the work soon. The Texas health commissioner, Dr. David Lakey, told reporters during an afternoon news conference that officials had encountered “a little bit of hesitancy” in seeking a firm to clean the apartment.

Hmm ya think?
edit on 3-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

His brother in the interview did say that upon his arrival he had been dancing, singing, celebrating AND Sweating ...

Edit for the video interview where he talks about the sweating...

cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com...
edit on am1031amFri, 03 Oct 2014 10:18:45 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Delay in Dallas Ebola Cleanup as Workers Balk at Task

www.msn.com...

The officials said it had been difficult to find a contractor willing to enter the apartment to clean it and remove bedding and clothes, which they said had been bagged in plastic. They said they now had hired a firm that would do the work soon. The Texas health commissioner, Dr. David Lakey, told reporters during an afternoon news conference that officials had encountered “a little bit of hesitancy” in seeking a firm to clean the apartment.

Hmm ya think?

Why don't they just hire the same people who power washed the parking lot there?

Sorry, my grumpiness is showing this morning!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

I sure hope he was only sweating from dancing at their shindig and the Texas heat.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

No. No emergency broadcasts on tv. Not yet, at least.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
I was bringing my boys to school this morning, extremely small town in south jersey, anyway, we seen this HUGE CDC truck going in the opposite direction. That was a tad nerve wracking. Just wondering WTH they were doing all the way down here?? Hopefully just passing through. We have heard of only 1 child in our county with possible Ebola, but nowhere around my neighborhood......as I said, I sure hope they were just driving by....

OK so I missed your post, are you saying that there is a possible child ebloa case in New Jersey and now there is a CDC truck passing though?

link   

I don't blame you girlfriend.

link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I'm kind of glad they are still in their apartment.

Imagine what the CDC could muck up trying to move them?

They would drag their infected trash all through Dallas from the sound of it.

My first clue the CDC screwed up... when they brought the doctor home. Remember, he kinda just hopped out of the ambulance and sauntered into the hospital?

My thought was "oh man, we are sooooooooooooooo screwed!"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

If "The Plan" is to subcontract out the cleanup of hazardous materials during an outbreak and epidemic, we are all in deep $#@!.

No company in their right mind will take on that sort of contract. I'm blown away.

link   

Girl, it is becoming so damn hard not be grumpy about this

link   

I am looking for a link to the news story this morning on our local station, not even sure which network it was to be honest.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Contractors??? What about health and safety personell or the god damn CDC? They have the hazmat suits and all the chemwash/quarantine gear! WTF? Seriously, this is far beyond being able to find a contractor. This is ebola not some of your lesser bio hazzard clean ups. The people who are responsible for public safety need to start doing their job. Anything less than that, meaning if this keeps carrying on like it is now, and there needs to be massive amounts of civil disobedience.

Our tax money supposedly goes to paying people to prepare and be ready for scenarios just like this, and now that the scenario is happening all we hear from them is crickets. Monitoring the situation is no longer sufficient, action should be taken, NOW. They havn't even quarantined patient zero's bedroom yet?

EPIC FAILURE doesn't even begin to describe this situation. It's so far beyond that.

And the media having a cheery disposition? Thats insane. There's nothing cheery about it. This is about as serious as it could get. Whats the next step while the public stands by and waits? Let's just give it some time and it will all go away. NO. Serious action needs to be taken to prevent the further spread of this before too much time passes and the proverbial SHTF actually occurs.

So pissed. Can't even begin to describe how pissed off i am with this whole situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Hello to you neighbor.

I found what I was looking for: the tail numbers and subsequent flights of the 2 planes Mr. Duncan was aboard in Dulles & Dallas.

abc7.com...

The UA flight 822, tail number N482UA that landed in Dallas, TX went on to Denver, Jackson Hole, WY, back to Denver, off to Portland, OR, and then San Francisco.

UA Flight 951, tail number N771UA, left Dulles for Frankfurt International, and then back to Washington Dulles International.

Fingers crossed he hadn't taken a fever reducer to mask symptoms. If any ebola cases are reported in these cities, we know one possible avenue of exposure.

So, Denver, Jackson Hole, Portland and San Francisico should all be on our radar for potential exposure as well.

frickin' great!

Nice find btw, I don't think I had seen any info on where the planes continued on to in this thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

I understand exactly how you feel.

I was so angry last night, I just had to walk away from the computer.

At every turn, there has been massive failures. It's almost like they want it to spread.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Here is the link to the sweating comments, it comes a bit later in the video.
cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: AnonyMason

I understand exactly how you feel.

I was so angry last night, I just had to walk away from the computer.

At every turn, there has been massive failures. It's almost like they want it to spread.

I am getting this feeling, also. How can there be failure after failure? And continuing on with even more failures?!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

And family members seem to want to block this out and just go back to their TV entertainment. I swear sometimes I feel like the only sanity I can find is here on this discussion forum.

(My ex last night was like "I don't want to hear about it, I just want to go back to Gun Smoke" I was trying to figure out our family protocol in the event of a widespread pandemic...
edit on am1031amFri, 03 Oct 2014 10:22:31 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join