It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

www.richardson.k12.tx.us...

Check this out until you get your proper reply

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh, does anyone have any updates on the suspected Ebola case in Hawaii? The one where the Dr-spokeswoman's statement was so much doublespeak? I can't find any new reports since yesterday.

Granted it's still the middle of the night there, but seems the info has totally dried up.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
EXCLUSIVE: THOUSANDS FROM EBOLA NATIONS ALLOWED TO ENTER US WITHOUT ADDITIONAL SCREENING

DALLAS, Texas — Over 3,500 passengers from Ebola affected nations have been allowed to enter the U.S. without any special screening since January 1, 2014, according to a leaked internal intelligence report from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Intelligence and Liaison exclusively obtained by Breitbart Texas. In addition, the individuals entered into at least 18 heavily populated U.S. cities across the nation.

The leaked report specifically reads, “According to CBP [Customs and Border Protection] data, since January 1, 2014 to June 30, 2014, a total of 3,566 passengers with a nexus to Guinea transited through or arrived at U.S. airports.” The term “nexus” refers to passengers who flew from the Ebola stricken nation to a second nation, and then from the second nation into the United States. Guinea is attributed as the nation of origin for the current Ebola outbreak.

Comments from the whistleblower and destinations.

The report indicates that the vast majority of the 3,566 of passengers with a nexus to the nation of origin for the current Ebola outbreak either deplaned in or traveled through New York City. Other cities include Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Miami, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburg, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Fort Lauderdale, and Cleveland.

The U.S. federal agent who leaked the report to Breitbart Texas did so and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The agent said, “This internal report, coupled with the current Ebola case in Dallas, reveals that our government is not only allowing individuals from Ebola-stricken nations to enter the U.S. with only the basic screening they give to passengers from any foreign nation, but the claims of the issue being properly addressed in the West African countries are untrue.”

source

And it continues...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: antar
Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. Gives me something to go by.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh wait ...

SOMETHING SHINNY!!!

Is that George Kloony and his new wife on a yacht?

Oh please tell me about the latest fashion for fall!!!

How about the best recipes for those holiday get together's!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

originally posted by: texasgirl

The three children who were pulled from the classrooms yesterday were NOT in Dallas. They were RICHARDSON schools. This is making me very nervous!

For those of us who are not US-based, could you explain the significance of this and why this one piece of information is making you very nervous?

I'm not being facetious, btw. I'd really like to know.

Sorry about that! Richardson schools are not in the city of Dallas but are a suburb north of Dallas. It shows that other cities surrounding Dallas have people who are being quarantined.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And so if you ever wondered why the new HIPPA laws were created...

This was not to protect patients rights but to protect hospitals from divulging critical information sharing to the general public for this situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar

www.richardson.k12.tx.us...

Check this out until you get your proper reply

Thank you. For some reason I can't get links up this morning!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

How are your local news stations handling this? Are they putting out special reports or staying on top of it or are they using diversion? What about the reports thousands supposedly received this morning by phone ?

Also, is your computer normally giving you trouble posting up links? In a real shtf scenario the take down of the internet may happen! This way no ability to exchange info such as here on ATS. Keeping people from communicating would be the very worst. The msm would scipt only what they want the "other" cities, towns and regions to hear.
edit on am1031amFri, 03 Oct 2014 09:18:14 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

How are your local news stations handling this? Are they putting out special reports or staying on top of it or are they using diversion? What about the reports thousands supposedly received this morning by phone ?

Also, is your computer normally giving you trouble posting up links? In a real shtf scenario the take down of the internet may happen! This way no ability to exchange info such as here on ATS. Keeping people from communicating would be the very worst. The msm would scipt only what they want the "other" cities, towns and regions to hear.

To be honest, they're reporting more on the storms we had yesterday. It did a lot of damage and several schools are closed because they're without power.

The part that bugs me about our local news reporting on Ebola is that they're so, well...Cheery!! CNN is the place to go for realistic, opinionated, outraged coverage on Ebola.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
No apology needed!
This thread's current concern is in your region and so it's fair enough that you're writing for those who'll follow what you're saying. My own "need to know" is secondary. But I thank you for the reply because it helps us "on the outside looking in" to get a better understanding of the concerns there.

I noted from news reports that due to storms, "dozens" of Dallas ISD schools are closed today (Friday) due to power outages. Ditto some in Richardson and other places. (They list them all.)
Fox: Some schools closed because of power outages
So, at least that might be a blessing in disguise.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

No, I don't usually have problems posting links. Not sure what's going on this morning.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here comes another patient from africa to america www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Majestic are you in northern VA?
I'm an hour west of Dulles, and suspicious of Mr. Duncan's 3-hours wandering the terminal, not to mention the passengers that were on the same flight that disembarked. I sure to heck hope he was completely asymptomatic while on the BRU-IAD United Flight 951.

I live about the same distance as you from Dulles! So howdy neighbor!

That's why I've been concerned about his layover. I also have a relative that works as a pilot and is in that airport almost daily if he's on tour.

Like you, I really hope he was too.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If you have trouble posting links then try a shut down and clear your cache, then restart. See if that helps. If still having troubles, then you can still post the title of the article you want posted and one of us can find it and post the links for you.

Back to the main topic, I'm amazed and a bit appalled that your local news agencies are adopting such a "cheerful" approach to this whole mess. And let's face it, we on this thread know it is a mess. The Keystone Cops could've done a better job of handling it. I can tell you that on CNN International -- which runs slightly different programming from CNN USA -- we are getting updates. Not every detail that our members have found and posted here in thread, but at least some of it. And they at least are taking it pretty seriously.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just a little reminder/refresher w/ video links

Many branches of the government has been preparing for something big for some time now. DHS buying up billions of rounds of ammo, IRS ramping up with AR-15’s, FEMA buying millions of MRE’s, the Center of Disease Control ordered $11 million worth of antibiotics, where are they going?

FEMA Region 3. All DHS agents MUST now qualify with sidearm, shotgun and AR 15’s by September 28th. Less lethal qualifications are not mentioned. Has one eye brow raised? The DHS will receive 2800 Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles (MRAP’s) that must be delivered by October 1st.

All National Guard units will complete their annual two week training in riot control and disaster assistance. All units MUST have their training complete by September 30th. However, the Eastern-based Coast Guard units will not be performing their usual training in the Gulf, this year they will be trained in Virginia and Delaware for 10 days beginning September 26th.

Coincidentally, the Emergency Broadcast System will begin daily testing beginning on September 25th thru October 2nd. All of this kind of reminds me of the bomb sniffing dogs being trained at the Boston Marathon for the first time ever.

FEMA purchase orders deserve a little attention too. They ordered over $14.2 million for MREs and heater meals and 22 million pouches of emergency water, to be delivered to Region 3 by October 1st. An additional order of $13.6 million worth of MRE’s and heater meals will be delivered to Austin by October 1st. Over 300 school systems will be issued a 3 day emergency kit for each student in September. If all this information is accurate, we are on the doorstep of whatever these preparations are for which Oct. 1st seems to be the deadline.

iamisatthedoors.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is one angry paramedic! And I find it completely justified! They transported PZ and are calling bull on any followup by the CDC or public health until they demanded attention.

Paramedics who attended to the Ebola diagnosed patient in Dallas were not contacted by hospital officials, local or state health officials, or the CDC to inform them that they were driving around in an ambulance that could be contaminated with the infectious virus.

According to a report by Breitbart News, one of the paramedics himself says that it was not until 48 hours after he had transported Thomas Duncan to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital that he was informed that he could be driving around in an Ebola contaminated death trap.

“[It was] 48 hours later before they finally took the ambulance out of service,” said Dallas Paramedic Geoffrey Aklinski in a discussion on Facebook, referring to the September 28th incident when Duncan was picked up, violently vomiting, at his apartment.

“None of them have been contacted. None of the paramedics that were on that shift and went in the ambulance were contacted. I’ve been off three days now. No one contacted me and I was in and drove that ambulance after it was infected.” Aklinski adds.

The Dallas Fire Department finally put the ambulance into quarantine on Wednesday, a full day after the diagnosis was made public. It is not known how many paramedics drove the ambulance during the 48 hour period or how many patients were transported.

“This is definitely a concern and exposed workers have not been contacted or tested… like me,” Aklinski notes. “I had to call into control in Dallas at 8 pm and complain to get evaluated.”

“Three days after the fact, I had to demand exposure testing and they are reporting following up with all the people in the ambulance??? Bull crap!!! They haven’t even followed up with the ten firefighters that were on duty Sunday.” Aklinski urges.

“How do you not test and contact the firefighters at the station on Sunday!!! Only the two medics and the intern on the ambulance? I was freaking in that ambulance hours later driving it!!! No one bothered to contact me about it?!!!” he adds.

Aklinski also claims that he has attempted to contact mainstream media outlets to get the story out, but has been rebuffed at every turn. “They just go with the official reports,” Aklinski, who is due to undergo a 3 week home quarantine, stated.

source

We suck on disease control. By ALL accounts.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

During one of the first press conferences from the local Dallas authorities they made it pretty clear to the media that it would be a bad idea to promote any sort of fear mongering.

Understandably so. Chaos could be worse than anything.

That might be the cause of the "cheery" attitude and coverage.

Nonetheless, I see reporting on anything less than the facts and truth of a situation, a coverup.

-Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I just caught the part about thousands receiving reports by phone: Do you mean the 'Reverse 911' calls? I live here and I have yet to receive any such call. And I just checked caller ID.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

I just caught the part about thousands receiving reports by phone: Do you mean the 'Reverse 911' calls? I live here and I have yet to receive any such call. And I just checked caller ID.

Although it could be the people in that particular zipcode who are receiving calls. I'm in a different zipcode.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join