It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The handling of this situation is a complete joke, but you would only know this if you do research , the CDC keeps telling us everything's fine , but its frankly not fine at all

you see we think its like the movies , we think that the place is probably locked down like in the movie Outbreak

thing is real life is not like the movies , humans are stupid. and stupid normally gets whats coming to it.

do not be stupid

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well every time I think they can get a handle on this I'm let down. If they don't get this wrapped up in the next couple of weeks and we get two new infected in TX outside the control area I'm going to say we're in big trouble.

There have been so many miss step in this it's no longer funny. While Eloba isn't a end all virus and I don't think it'll ever go air born. But it's still bad and still easier to spread then the media lets on. If you have a good head on our shoulders and are not one to stick your head in the sand and know what going on around you, you should be fine. But sadly this does not mean the stupid can't drag you down with them.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

This is getting worse and worse. CDC and health services kept telling everyone they were prepared for Ebola and they would have it under control quickly if it came to our country. And yet they did not even plan ahead for decontaminating a home where an Ebola patient lived.

Even in the movies they have better plans for this stuff. In the movies, a CDC hazmat team in full gear would swoop in immediately and clean everything up and take away anything dangerous. And they would have protected and isolated anyone living in the home immediately too.

The real CDC is like a clown show. I picture a few baffoons sitting in an office going: "ohh ummmm the media says we did not clean up... ummm yeah maybe we better do that... anyone know of someone to do that... look in the yellow pages... yeah here's a company, call them... oh wait, they can't do it, now what do we do".

The government seems to have no plan, and has no idea what to actually do or how to implement anything to protect us.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: drwill

OMG. It gets worse:

[ ex ]
[snip]
Three days later, on Wednesday evening, Jallah and Yah were visited in their second-floor apartment by health officials from the state and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The officials took everyone’s temperature and told them that they should not leave the apartment.
[snip]
[ / ex ]

But then...

THAT'S quarantine???????

I hope Texans are especially lucky.

Wondering how the person or people living in the first floor apartment under all of that are coping.....(?) Must be tough?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

“There was noncompliance with the request to stay home,” said Thompson.
One of the children attended school Thursday, despite a stay-at-home order issued the day before by Dallas school officials. Students at four Dallas schools are believed to have had close contact with Duncan.

www.dallasnews.com...

sorry if already posted.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
To Option158- Thanks for your time and replying. I was wondering more about the person or people in the first floor apartment, living underneath US Ebola ground zero, on the 1st floor.

My guess - the way things seem to be going, that they are clueless that there even is a problem. They are probably just thinking - my oh my, aren't those people upstairs so Popular these days! You know what they say about ignorance and bliss.

edit on 3/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Great informative thread. I wonder about all the sewage flowing out of the apartment where all the contamination is. Where is it going? It great to quarantine the people who've been in close contact with Duncan...but what about Duncan's bodily fluids and waste that got flushed into the common waste system. I would think some major bleach flushing should be in order.

What about all the garbage they threw out from cleaning up all his vomit and diarrhea? Thrown out in a common dumpster probably. Is that dumpster still in use?

The more I read, the more I see this containment situation has more holes than swiss cheese.

The "control order" also requires the family of Thomas Eric Duncan to be available to provide blood samples and agree to any testing required by public health officials. Officials said Thursday that the four or five family members could face criminal charges for violating the order, which was delivered to them in writing Wednesday evening.

Police have been stationed at the apartment complex to ensure residents' safety, Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings told a news briefing Thursday afternoon.

School nurses are checking classrooms twice a day for possible symptoms among students, said superintendent Mike Miles, adding that attendance is down about 10% at schools attended by children linked to the 42-year-old Duncan.

The district also announced that three siblings who had potential contact with Duncan were removed from an elementary school for testing but that they were ultimately deemed healthy.

In an odd twist, WFAA-TV reported that five members of the Dallas County Sheriff's Department who were briefly inside Duncan's apartment have been temporarily put on leave.‎

The three deputies, a sergeant, and a lieutenant accompanied the head of Dallas County Health and Human Services Department and a doctor into the apartment late Wednesday night. They had gone there on the orders of Sheriff Lupe Valdez to get the occupants to sign a court order forbidding them from leaving the apartment.

"They're very concerned," said Christopher Dyer, president of the Dallas County Sheriff's Association. ‎"Their families are concerned. You've got to go home and tell your spouse, 'Hey, I was just inside this house where a guy had Ebola.'"

Dyer said deputies - both those that went inside and those that didn't - were told to bag up their uniforms and boots and turn them in. He said he contacted Valdez's second in command, asking that the deputies be put on leave and be evaluated by medical staff.

Also Thursday, the Plano, Texas school district informed parents that someone residing in the home of one of their elementary school students is on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's monitoring list of people who had contact with Duncan.

Stinson Elementary in Plano sent letters out Thursday informing parents that one person "residing in a Stinson Elementary home" is on the CDC's monitoring list. That person self-reported to the CDC and is considered "low-risk," according to district officials. The letters did not say whether or not the person on the monitoring list is a student.

Duncan, who is in serious condition with Ebola at Texas Health Presybyterian Hospital, recently arrived in the United States from Liberia. No one who has had contact with Duncan has shown any symptoms of Ebola, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said at the briefing.

Ebola has infected 7,178 people and has killed 3,338 in Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Senegal and Nigeria, the World Health Organization says. The outbreaks in Nigeria and Senegal — which took swift, decisive action to control the virus — are likely over.

In other countries, however, the number of cases has been doubling every three weeks, and the CDC estimates that the disease could affect up to 1.4 million people by January if it's not quickly controlled.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 3-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Let's see if I have this right.
Patient zero assisted with an Ebola patient in Liberia on Sept 15 and arrived in Dallas on the 20th. (5 days)
He presented to the emergency on the 26th showing symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics (7 days)
So we have 12 days from touching the patient in Liberia to symptoms requiring medical attention.
September 26th to September 30th (4 days)
So if the infectious symptomatic stage is coming to those quarantined in Dallas is that not:
4 days from the 26th plus 8 brings it to October 8th that symptoms should begin to appear if they were infected, it is only Oct 3rd - 5 days from patient zero's timeline.
Where are the updates on patient zero condition, improving from being upgraded to Serious or deteriorating, don't we all have a right to this daily?
edit on 10/3/2014 by whatnext21 because: date corrections

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

And another thing...
The items in this home are considered so hazardous that the clean-up crew needs a permit to transport them, and yet people, including children, were allowed to remain closed up in an apartment for days with this hazardous material?

This goes against any theories that perhaps it was really just not dangerous in there and that's why the CDC did not clean it up right away. If it was not dangerous, they would not need permits to transport the items on the highways. This also blows the theories that you need to have direct contact with a patient to get sick. Even the infected sheets, towels, clothes are hazardous. Anything this guy came in contact with is hazardous, according to the permit requirements.

How could this happen in the US?

I only hope it is not that they figure those living in that apartment are already doomed, and they are just waiting for them all to get sick and moved to the hospital, after which they just burn the whole apartment complex down.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I find myself hoping the same thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Interesting development. Who has an IG account? Try typing in "hashtag Garcinia Kola" - you will immediately get a warning, it will log you out of your account and make you change your password. If you continue to investigate the topic, you will be threatened to have your account deleted! Try it for yourself. If you're curious just search #ebola and you'll see plenty of people who have already been censored. They don't want us sharing that information. Apparently the plant based remedy doesn't CURE ebola, but it halts the production of the virus in your system prolonging your chance of survival.

Why promote plant based medicines when there's a mult-million dollar vaccine on the horizon...

Media black out. #s wild...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

My thoughts were closer to the fact that they knew it was only a matter of the incubation period and the certainty of the families infection/contamination.

So the question arises about the ability to house and care for patients in hospitals in the region/US.

From what we have learned from the others who have been evacuated from the ebola hot spots in Africa, there are only a few hospitals truly prepared to handle this. (Do we know where the News crew is being evacuated to in the US?)

It is becoming clear that there is no room at the Inn...

If my kids were infected, stuck in this contaminated environment, I would be like a mad woman, crazy and shouting out, sending letters out the door to be discovered by anyone who I could get to help them.

There is no hospital awaiting this incubation period. The media is scripted to stick to their lines, no veering from the script.

The washing down of the Apartment complex is proof enough of that.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: option158

“There was noncompliance with the request to stay home,” said Thompson.
One of the children attended school Thursday, despite a stay-at-home order issued the day before by Dallas school officials. Students at four Dallas schools are believed to have had close contact with Duncan.

www.dallasnews.com...

sorry if already posted.

Does this mean the school was re infected after being "thoroughly" cleaned? If the kids that went to school yesterday were ones that were living in the apartment who is to say they didn't have it on their shoes and tracked it into the freshly cleaned schools which, btw, the cleaners had hazmat suits on.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ok so here is a brief synopsis of my thoughts on this:

This Family Zero is an example of the protocols enacted.

People are screaming at the rooftops about why they remain in their apartment, it has been decided to show the public how this has been planned out to work in the event of a major pandemic.

ATS, we have read the manuals, we have scoured the research papers from the think tanks of Government and Military for years and knew that this was how a quarantine was to go down. Whether one family or one million families.

Family Zero has an important job right now in setting the precedence of how this will be handled...

Do not be surprised when entire apartment complexes are quarantined, entire neighborhoods, and then once the death and dying stage has been completed, they burn down the affected area and all rights and ownership reverts to the Government including all known assets of the deceased.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm kind of glad they are still in their apartment.

Imagine what the CDC could muck up trying to move them?

They would drag their infected trash all through Dallas from the sound of it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We are seriously getting close to -
time to max out the credit cards, because there will be nobody left to collect the debt - territory here.

I haven't been able to get into a good book recently. Ya know, one of those books you just can't put down. You stay awake at all hours just trying to get in one more chapter. I have walked away from like three or four.

I can't put this non-fiction down. I can't quit it! This is jaw dropping, gut wrenching, emotions at it's best. The plots, the twists, and the love affairs just keep you coming back for more.

I'm thinking bags of beans, bags of rice, cans of meats, (I once heard you can survive three days of off a can of tuna), and canned fruit are finding a new home in my linen closet. I don't want to be the one having to touch money or punch my pin code at the register. That stuff is yucky.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The three children who were pulled from the classrooms yesterday were NOT in Dallas. They were RICHARDSON schools. This is making me very nervous!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I just saw video on our local news this morning that Dallas County Judge Jenkins and a few other people arrived at the quarantined Ivy apartment and walked inside. What were they wearing? NOTHING. Just gloves. (And they were carrying a box of gloves; maybe for the family?)
edit on 3-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

How do you sanitize a school though, really? Could you possibly imagine having that job? Books, undersides of desks, seats, bathroom nooks and crannies, walls, pencils, toys for the younger ones, and on and on....

I can't believe anyone did a thorough job in under a week.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Someone is quarantined with Ebola in a government building in Maryland right now. I can't post proof or other info, but it is the truth.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join