It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Another great point. The last health announcement the SG made was in regards to tanning. Oh and the month of October is vegitables month. Pfffft

Total incompetence at best. At worst: knowingly and intentionally keeping quiet about an extremely dangerous situation.

Given the recent statements coming from Friedan? The latter seems all to likely.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"You can't carry that bottle of water or shampoo on the plane..... Oh you have Ebola? Come on in!" - scumbag government

Lol just saw this meme -__-

edit on 3-10-2014 by nukedog because: (stupid auto correct)

edit on 3-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well the latest concern of the surgeon generals office is Mental Illness Awareness Week.
www.surgeongeneral.gov...

Looked around on the web site, pretty fluffy one at that, and couldn't find a thing concerning Ebola.

I think that all of the Federal powers over our health have been handed to the CDC, since they share more interchangeable parts with big Pharma.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

I am sure this has been posted but on the off chance it was missed.....There are 2 nephews and her 13 year old son
in the apartment where Duncan stayed!!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Some fun reading. I'm off. I'm sure tmrw some new thing will come up.

(Circa 2006 when his theory was originally delivered)

Puolimatka needs to study basic parasitology, especially parasite transmission. Parasites spread from host to host in many different ways, by way of intermediate hosts such as mosquitoes, through water, or by direct physical contact, etc. His mis-translation of 'airborne' displays incredible ignorance! Many parasites spread via the air, such as when a flu infected person sneezes, he/she puts many thousands of virions into water droplets suspended in the air. When another person breathes in these, he/she can become infected. This is how flu spreads and epidemics occur. At present, Ebola zaire spreads only by direct physical contact with tainted blood, but its close relative Ebola reston, spreads itself directly through the air (i.e., it is airborne). It is only a matter of time before E. zaire mutates to become airborne.

Link from dr doomsday
edit on 3-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

The CDC reports to the Secretary of Health, as does the Surgeon General.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

OMG. So family members in close contact with Duncan while he was extremely symptomatic were allowed to go to the store and they are allowed to have visitors and they just wipe the door handle down afterwards with sani-wipes.

And they clean up the Ebola vomit around the apartment complex with what appeared to be the same laborers with power washers that you might hire to power wash your driveway - no protective gear, and bystanders standing right by them watching. I guess no one at the CDC thought this might fit under avoid aerosol generating procedures in their own recommendations!

I don't know how I could have been so naive as to expect government employees from the CDC to be more public-centric, conscientious, and on-the-ball than government employees at the local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

The saddest part for me is that the cleaners appeared to be Latino, possibly did not speak fluent English and had no idea what they were getting themselves into. But whoever hired them knew full well.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hurdygurdy

The saddest part for me is that the cleaners appeared to be Latino, possibly did not speak fluent English and had no idea what they were getting themselves into. But whoever hired them knew full well.

I agree, was watching the news and expected to see the apartment sealed up tight like that house in the movie E.T. but nope. People are just going in and out the door with no protective barriers whatsoever. The volunteers just went up to the door and dropped off boxes of food and blankets, not wearing any gear at all.

And the "haz mat" cleanup crew pulled up in work trucks, as if they were cleaning up after a milk truck tipped over or something. Actually they looked more like a landscaping crew than a level 4 biohazard cleanup crew....ridiculous. No CDC vans, no specialized biological containment units or anything. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this thing spreads like wildfire.....

*crosses fingers*
edit on 3-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
"You can't carry that bottle of water or shampoo on the plane..... Oh you have Ebola? Come on in!" - scumbag government

Lol just saw this meme -__-

*giggle*

I'm telling you, many Texans (or at least myself) are very much in the laugh or you will cry mode.

Seriously this is a conversation in my own head.

Rational thought: While at Sam's club, I will pick up 2 packages of bottled water instead of one

Wig out thought: I need 7 packages of bottled water and a big bag of M & M's!

Rational thought: I need to take inventory of family OTC meds.

Wig out thought: I survived Y2K, bought plastic sheeting after 9/11 but a virus from a 3RD WORLD COUNTRY is actually
going to keep me stuck in the house?!?!?!

I seriously think I am falling into 'pre panic' panic.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Loam, they actually now are counting 8 kids, not 5.

I mentioned back many pages, that my daughter was exposed to viral meningitis years ago. Waiting until the incubation period was over, was agony. I was worried sick and so scared. And that is a virus with a pretty good cure rate.

I just cannot imagine how scary this is for all of those children and my heart breaks for those parents.

*sorry it is late, I meant 8 kids they pulled out of school that *might* have had contact*
edit on 3-10-2014 by Justaposter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

If more people get sick in Dallas, I fear this will not go well and could be politically and economically destabilizing much sooner than most realize.

I think it would be different if people had a sense that the government was handling things well, but that appears not to be the case.

The mood of the MSM is changing. They are reporting on these blunders and the language is far less forgiving than in previous weeks. Gonna be a hell of a winter.

Hope we dodge this bullet and learn from it.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I lived in Texas for about 7 years. I loved it there, and I miss it. But I hate to say it - when I saw the photo I immediately knew the conversation went something like, "Nobody wants to touch this job." "Just get some Mexicans to hose it down. It'll be fine."

To be clear, I think that is terrible. And most people wouldn't take that attitude, but I'll bet someone did.

I also think you would be hard-pressed to choose a worse way to try to clean the area. One of the primary things you want to avoid is creating aerosolized droplets with Ebola virus in them, and I would think this would do that.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I also think you would be hard-pressed to choose a worse way to try to clean the area. One of the primary things you want to avoid is creating aerosolized droplets with Ebola virus in them, and I would think this would do that.

I missed the part if the video where it explans how to correctly power wash a BSL-4 contagion...

I bet you're right about that conversation too, and if so the scum at the CDC should be strung up from the same tree our corrupt president should decorate.
edit on 3-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The Hazmat team has not cleaned up the Patient Zero apartment because of missing permits.

Brad Smith of the Cleaning Guys, the company hired to sanitize the apartment, said they do not have the proper permits to transport hazardous waste on Texas highways. The company specializes in hazmat and biohazard cleaning services.

Smith said authorities sent them away late Thursday before they entered the apartment and told them to come back with proper permits. It's unclear how long that will take.

"The permit is being processed through DOT (Department of Transportation) because it is a special permit," Smith said.
"This is a unique situation. Once awarded our hazmat teams will be allowed back inside to do their jobs."

Source: CNN

This is the kind of incompetence that fuels conspiracy theories. It really doesn't seem like all the trillions of dollars wasted on Homeland Security has produced anything.

"If you see something, say something, so we can ignore it."

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The apartment complex manager came out for a brief, local interview and said they were having trouble communicating to the other residents about the Ebola issue because of language barriers. I also know that the many apartment complexes I lived in had maintenance who could barely speak English.

So yeah...It is very likely the power washers don't speak English and have no idea what they're cleaning up.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Not true actually... China has been throwing in ALOT of money into African humanitarian/infrastructure projects lately, all over Africa not just specific countries. The Western Empire takes what They want by force in Africa (and most places of the world) but China is coming in and actually helping Africa by non-aggressive tactics.

Start learning your Mandarin, China is going to be the next super power of the world and there is nothing the Western Empire can do about it, as They have backed themselves into this financial corner.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: kosmicjack

a reply to: drwill

And she is the primary caregiver to the kids during this quarantine.

The CDC's malfeasance or ineptitude has jeopardized these kids.

But then, she doesn't win any awards in my book either, sadly. She supposedly is a health care provider and was at work when her daughter took Duncan to the hospital the second time.

I hope her patients are under observation too...

Exactly!

Shouldn't this lady know better? Shouldn't she know that it's not a good idea to sleep on the same sheets as a man infected with a deadly and contagious disease? To know better than to expose her children?

To know better than to go to go to work and care for patients in the hospital after tending to her infected partner?

What am I missing here? Nothing seems to make sense? None of it does.

She WAS sleeping on the bed with him while he was there suffering and before he was taken to Texas Health by ambulance. But she is not sleeping on it now. They are actually all sleeping in the livingroom and not even touching the bedroom. But she may be entering the bedroom if the clothes closet and bathroom can only be reached that way (by going through the bedroom)

But, yeah...It's still sickening to know a hot agent is festering on her bed linens and towels he used. If they can't get the proper permits to go in there and collect the stuff then the CDC needs to get off their duff and collect it themselves!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well you know he did everything humanly possible to avoid the virus, so this is very telling about the transmission. The mutation rate of this is just beginning I fear.

This scares me, too. The camera man lives in West Africa, has been for a few years, so he knows a little something about safety and protection. But now he gets Ebola, too. And he was just filming. What happened?

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join