It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That is really depressing that people that welcome him, looking for news on the loves back home, would have been in contact with him without knowing that he could become deadly to them and their families.

I still can not comprehend how he knowingly would have expose anyone.

edit on 2-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And back to my nano silver-

originally posted by: mfc1PLAZMUH
Governments seize colloidal silver being used to treat Ebola patients, says advocate

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Some governments are denying Siver as a treatment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to the Natural Solutions Foundation (NSF), efforts to ship nanosilver into Sierra Leone have thus far failed. The organization has been trying to deliver a shipment of 200 bottles of nanosilver 10 ppm, and 100 tubes of nanosilver gel, to no avail.
At this point, the shipment has been returned to the U.S. for the third time. "That parcel, shipped Air Express at a cost of $3400 to Sierra Leone on August 20, never made it out of Paris," reads an NSF action alert. "Air France has yet to find a reason for that. But it made its way back to the US again, apparently for the 3rd time without being delivered to Africa."

From the above link

I am sorry this is from a different thread, but my copy/paste is wonky on the natural news site

edit on 2-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Finally got it to cooperate!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
NBC Cameraman working in Ebola zone in Africa diagnosed with Ebola...

oh shoooooot

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Thats the big issue right there.

Public contact is exponential. Patient zero gets off the plane and has a get together with family. Those people return to their homes and have close contact with other loved ones. The next day kids go to school and have close contact with the kids at school. People go about their daily live, go grocery shopping, take the bus somewhere, go to work, etc etc.

IMO, theres no way to effectively monitor all the possible contacts that could have take place after the initial contact with patient zero. Furthermore, the hospital staff failed to take the propper steps and quarantine him on his initial visit. They released him home after symptoms were already being shown, so theres another 40-48 hours of contact with the public again AFTER SYMPTOMS.

Very difficult to say just how bad the potential risk is to the public. And if any of those people decide to bug out of town who may have contracted ebola, the risk of exposure outside th DFW area becomes more likely.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank you for replying. I hadn't seen that one. a reply to: Gully

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Let no forget that if he wasn't feeling good during the fly is all that people still that needs to be counted, that also would have gone to their daily lives in other states.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What I find interesting Is that is only bit and pieces when it comes to the other members of the family including the children, I mean how big is the apartment, that can house soo many people, including several adults and so many children.

It is either bigger than any apartment I've ever seen, or more likely that many people were staying in a very small apartment so the chances of them coming in to some contact with the virus are incredibly high. This is why it spreads so fast elsewhere. People living on top of each other. Methinks the people going around saying this can't spread quickly in America are people who have never seen some poorer parts of America. Just my .02

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I don't think they were all living there. I think some were in and out visiting.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I live in GA so it doesn't get poorer than this state that is number 50 in unemployment in the nation, so yes people in my neck of woods tend to buddle up together by the dozen.

Specially illegal immigrants and their extended families.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
I just heard Anderson on the phone with the girlfriend,too. I was completely gobsmacked when she said the towels are in the plastic bag, but the soiled sheets are still on the bed!
How on earth did the local health official not help this woman and her family properly dispose of this material and disinfect her apartment.
Utterly negligent.

Sounds like they know something we don't. Like this case being a lie.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
I have been reading this site for a few months now, I love it. Just joined because I have a question..

All I have heard repeatedly is that a person in not contagious until they have symptoms. I have looked for a more detailed explanation.Does that mean as soon as the fever starts? At a certain temperature?? What about when the headache begins?? Or are you contagious when the general body aches and tiredness begin? Nobody shows all symptoms at the same minute, right. Which ones are enough to make you contagious? How do they know being contagious doesn't begin the day before symptoms start?

At what point does someone like me, I live in Kentucky, I have 3 kids, ages 10, 7,and 4 start keeping kids home from school? When do I say we aren't leaving and no one is coming in? My husband is breadman for Sara-Lee. He is out and about in the stores in town all day. How would I protect my babies? Keep him separate from us?

I guess I'm wanting to be positive, but I want to know your opinions on how to keep us safe.
Thank you for your time,
Jillian

I'd be interested in answers to this also. I'd start talking to your husband about your feelings now, especially if he does not share the same concerns you do. It's important you both know exactly where you stand. It never hurts to be prepared for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well you know he did everything humanly possible to avoid the virus, so this is very telling about the transmission. The mutation rate of this is just beginning I fear.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

And remember Patient Zero went to a restaurant after he left the hospital the first time with the symptoms.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18488076]antar[/post

really"??????? I didn't know that......we are screwed

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thank you. I have talked with him about it. He agrees that if cases turn up near us, the kids will stay home. He said he can't just stop working though. The only thing I can think of is in that case he will have to keep his distance. Stay in his room, only come and go through that door, only using that one bathroom... It worries me. I just read on a different site, there are 2 possible case in Kentucky. Those 2 cases are in the Louisville area, I think. That's about 2.5 hours north of us.

Thank you,
Jillian

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Even Martha Stewart got salmonella poisoning though. We all know how meticulous she is.

If you put yourself (even willingly) in the thick of it, an accident can happen. That one time you forgot you can't pick your nose, or you just went to pull a hair out of your mouth, your glove got snagged and it caused a micro tear right over that damn paper cut, on and on....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
why?

Everything he does?

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations
Posted 4/1/2010 8:53 PM

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

The Obama administration has quietly scrapped plans to enact sweeping new federal quarantine regulations that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention touted four years ago as critical to protecting Americans from dangerous diseases spread by travelers. The regulations, proposed in 2005 during the Bush administration amid fears of avian flu, would have given the federal government additional powers to detain sick airline passengers and those exposed to certain diseases. They also would have expanded requirements for airlines to report ill passengers to the CDC and mandated that airlines collect and maintain contact information for fliers in case they later needed to be traced as part of an investigation into an outbreak. Airline and civil liberties groups, which had opposed the rules, praised their withdrawal.

I think this needs to repeated and repeated in this thread.

IMHO, This has alot of heavy in this situation.

I think this whole thread has some very important information that needs to get out to everyone. Not just ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

And remember Patient Zero went to a restaurant after he left the hospital the first time with the symptoms.

Do you have a link to this or know the restaurant? I'm in the Dallas area and work near this hospital.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Although the situation is very serious and as always far too many mistakes and omissions are being made by the agencies that are trained to handle this, I would not go over board at this point and create more stress than necessary for yourself your husband who clearly has the best interest of your family at heart and most importantly your children.

Take the anxiety and fear and turn it into creative heart energy. Live life in a positive way and show others that you can be counted on to stay on top of this situation and will know if and when the proper time to bug out comes.

Stay clear and do your preps, and know that you are not alone in the way you feel.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join