It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MarkJS

[snip]

You are correct that it might be difficult to stop people from traveling on land to other countries and taking flights from there. The infected countries should close their borders and neighboring countries should close their borders as well. It is not fool-proof but it would at least be something to slow transmission.

[snip]

If neighboring countries close their borders, theoretically yes - it would slow the transmission down. Sounds good in theory. So hopefully those that might be infected will not hop on the next closest airport in the next country to them(?) because of the distance. If they are too sick to make that little trip, perhaps they will turn back and return home. Maybe. And hopefully they won't just skip the countries next to them and proceed to an even further country?

Like I said... shutting down airports - local and int'l, -might- create a flood of Ebola refugees. Not to be crass - but like the 'walking dead'. What I'm saying is that in the end, it can do more harm than good.

I don't know if it would play out like that. It's just what I'm thinking what TPTB had in mind when they stated that "stopping all flights is impossible".
edit on 2/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerdyclutzyblonde
a reply to: ikonoklast

Oh my goodness!!! His nephew had to call the CDC? The CDC pushed the responsibility onto DHHS? What the $!!!!?#&@!!!!!

This is an all around FAILURE for everyone involved.

& let's not forget patient zero & his GF, nurse dingbat!!! The two most selfish people in the world.

The more we find out the angrier I get!

What???????

and the white house refusing to implement travel restrictions

Makes ya wonder doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
While we read all this thread and all the news about EBOLA, famine and pneumonia combined are killing way more kids (just kids) than the total Ebola bodycount EVER.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Up to 80 now exposed???

Texas Officials Say 80 People May Have Been Exposed To Ebola Patient: Report

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

Yes, NBC confirmed it with the Dallas county health department.

I thought 18 people sounded too low for a guy who went to the hospital twice.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
NEW PATIENT IN HAWAII suspected of Ebola...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on am1031amThu, 02 Oct 2014 07:41:33 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My comp is still acting up this morning so my ability to post may be limited. DR OZ is the expert on msm attempting to quell the situation and prevent hysteria. He did say that by January the CDC states over 1.4 million will die. Not infected but dead.
edit on am1031amThu, 02 Oct 2014 07:31:57 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Dr. Oz has a yacht payment to make. From the cdc website

By September 30, 2014, without additional interventions and using the described likelihood of going to an ETU, approximately 670 daily beds in use (1,700 corrected for underreporting) will be needed in Liberia and Sierra Leone (Figure 2). Extrapolating trends to January 20, 2015, without additional interventions or changes in community behavior (e.g., notable reductions in unsafe burial practices), the model also estimates that Liberia and Sierra Leone will have approximately 550,000 Ebola cases (1.4 million when corrected for underreporting) (Appendix [Figure 2]). The uncorrected estimates of cases for Liberia on September 9, 2014, were 2,618, and the actual reported cases were 2,407 (i.e., model overestimated cases by +8.8%). The uncorrected estimates of cases for Sierra Leone on September 13, 2014, were 1,505 and the actual reported cases were 1,620 (i.e., model underestimated cases by -7.6%).

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: windwaker
a reply to: graceunderpressure

It's transmitted by touch, direct skin-to-skin contact. The doctor from Samaritan's Purse was trying to say this all along, ever since they gave testimony to a special House Committee in July.

Yes, I wonder if it is, I watched that interview with Matt Lauer and he said, and I am paraphrasing here that he (Dr Brantley) took every precaution and the only thing he could pin it down to was consoling a family member of an infected person. I don't know, was he in protective clothing at the time, or not, and what happened to that family member days or weeks later?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

The way he announced the statistic was confusing, he never missed a beat and did not clarify that those numbers represented Africa rather than the world at large.

Seems nothing is released until the online community seeks information on their own and that information goes viral.

That is important.

I think the cover ups and attempts to keep the GP calm and in continuity ie work, school, shopping, church, are going to complicated the spread.

However the biggest push for calm is in reiterating how healthcare differs and the ability to treat the infection. BUT, when the health care system becomes over burdened to the point of halting all incoming infected, we will see this go to the next level such as we here at ATS have investigated for years in advance of this.

A good time to look into the ATS archives and dust off all of those manuals that have been preparing for this level of event/emergency as a reminder of the protocols for each stage of a pandemic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I hear ya. I'm genuinely concerned. I'm just reminded of established protocol in place if ET's were ever to make themselves known. The government hides it to prevent hysteria. Same difference here I think.

On another note we need to shut these flight paths down and sterilize a bunch of planes yesterday .

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Patient seen vomiting outside apartment....this would really have me worried if I lived next door there. I mean, those molecules from the vomit are in the air... I know it's not airborne, so they say, but still.

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It is one thing to be checking the leads once per day for the next 21 days however once this escapes and we no longer have the man power to accomplish that monumental task, well all the rules will change and we will see the worst case scenario go into affect.

Right now the msm continues to lie about the numbers of exposed and the transmission. This is for continuity of commerce.

Already as we head into the cold and flu season things are going to become next to impossible to monitor. People are going to go rushing into the medical centers for evaluation and that alone will complicated the ability to identify and isolate patients positive for ebola.

The cross contamination and evolution of this virus can become apocalyptic in the next several months.

Remember, antibiotics cannot treat a virus, only the side affects. Only so many beds available at that and even fewer isolation rooms per hospital, most having no more than one or two tops.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Did you guys see this recent article on SHTF PLAN about medical teams being told they would be deployed in October?
www.shtfplan.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Now identified over 80 people who had close personal contact. His family not following orders to stay inside and home and are now ordered to do so...

I think that those numbers are the people who had direct contact with PZ girlfriend the healthcare worker who took care of him while contagious and then went back to the hospital to care for patients...

These numbers are going to swell fast!

I need a mathematician to step in and do the numbers according to the past several days since PZ was confirmed as to how many people exponentially are being announced through the msm and where those numbers will be in 30 days, 90 days and so on.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

Used to enjoy frequenting that site, I did hear about the transmission of this virus through monkeys in labs confirming the airborne possibility. So why stand by the lie that it is not? Commerce and continuity of society.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Typically, I never let the doom and gloom threads effect my rational thinking but, I have to say that I'm becoming very concerned over how poorly this situation with patient zero has been handled.

Massive failure on so many levels that my head is fuzzy as to how this could have been allowed to happen.

I'm not quite in panic mode yet but, when I read that he had a 3 hour layover at Dulles I nearly crapped myself. The fact it was already in Texas was bad enough but now there is a chance that it could have been spread 45 minutes from where I live!

I have a family member who works as a pilot and is at Dulles airport almost daily! This whole thing just got a bit too close to home for me guys.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveTheTrees

Remember to keep in perspective that the numbers are always in favor of reducing panic and keeping the $$$ flowing.

The numbers are being fudged and that you can take to the bank.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have not been able to wrap my head around the hospital sending Mr. Duncan home after his 1st visit. Then I thought, he may not have had medical insurance.

Going back to Mr. Duncan's 1st visit to the hospital, this is purely my guess as to what happened next.

The intake nurse asked and was told that yes, he had been in Liberia. Maybe she didn't know where Liberia was (or that it is an Ebola hotspot)?
Then she jots down that he doesn't have insurance.

So they hand him antibiotics and shuffle him out the door.

Sunday he arrives by ambulance, but is still not immediately put into isolation, because someone sees this "no insurance" note.
It's not until one of his concerned relatives calls the CDC, and then the health department, that he receives care.

Not that it matters now, but I bet that is how it went down. The whole "that wasn't transmitted to people who were in charge of his care" line, is complete baloney.
edit on 10/2/2014 by Olivine because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Antar, I think its a waiting game at this point. I don't think even Plato could come up with a number yet. We have to wait and see how many he infected first and at what point in time he infected them. What we know so far is that it takes approximately 21 days after being infected to start showing symptoms. If that is correct, we will know more by the end of next week.

I've seen how fast flu bugs can go through a school system shutting them down in days because more than 1/2 the school was infected.

Right now there is that enterovirus 68 that is causing chaos. It is my understanding from what we heard here in Missouri from the news and the letters sent home from school nurses, it spreads the same way they say ebola does. I know that there were schools in the KC suburb areas where at least HALF the kids were out at once with it.

Lucky we moved away from that area and now live in the rural areas. We have not seen it where we are yet that I know of.

Having ebola start up around the same time the flu does, is a very scary situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join