It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
really... I just bought like 1000 cans of beans and 2000 cans of water. Why are you guys posting instead of preparing?!?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

I agree he knew he was exposed and probably infected. I agree he should not have flown on a plane and isolated himself. But I can't believe he could get out of the country that quickly without the trip having been planned. It seems if that were the case, he would have went directly to a hospital as soon as he got here, if that was the purpose of the trip. We will have to agree to disagree on this point.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

My son and his young family live in Austin. They have been fighting a respiratory illness for weeks now, and the doctors have no idea what it is. The meds they were giving them were actually making the symptoms worse. The home remedy stuff is helping most. A lot of folks in the Austin area are suffering with a similar if not the same illness.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

Please don't read just that article and take it at face value. It was hyped out of proportion and he never advocated it he simply stated Mother Nature will likely do it for us.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying...I would do all in my power to help a loved one in this situation. However, he didn't head to a hospital on arrival. He waited then even didn't argue the point when they bungled it up and sent him home the first trip. Seems to me he would have made a big stink about treatment, especially if this were the purpose of his visit to the US.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps, in a perfect world with responsible human beings, the notice to stay inside / away from others and contact the nearest authorities to come by and test those suspected of being infected.

Why tell them not to panic and if symptomatic go to a hospital. Stay at home and be tested in the comfort of your home and if positive, quarantined to the comfort of your home.

I personally would be more comfortable making a phone call to be tested at home then go into public and risk others (or myself if not sick) be humiliated and spend my last moments in some sick bay with other unfortunate souls.

At least they're dying in a place that is familiar and NOT exposing others.
edit on Octpm10ufpm2014-10-01T20:37:29-05:0031uWed, 01 Oct 2014 20:37:29 -0500 by ManufacturedDissent because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga
Canned water? A heavy idea, man.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Nah, I get what you're saying. No harm done. But good God. I mean, there are a f@%#-ton of documented cases in Africa. Nationwide outbreaks and what have you.

My question is why wouldn't the CDC prepare for anything like this? The whole "Oh, we haven't had a positive case in while so we don't need to worry about it attitude" doesn't really do anything in terms of prevention and protection.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManufacturedDissent

It would take a lot of manpower to go to homes and test. Also, people would still need treatments like fluids, and blood donations.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
nothing will happen at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

I agree to disagree, no worries.

However, (I really am not arguing, I promise) he knew he had it at that first visit. He held a dying (PREGNANT) woman in his arms. We don't know he didn't get outraged. Maybe there was a language barrier, maybe they tossed him because of insurance, maybe he thought those magical pills would help him. I have no idea. I am confident when saying though, he knew all along he had it.

He told them he was from Liberia, they dropped the ball.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He knew. And he ran.
imho, of course.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
One reason healthcare professionals are getting sick is because they simply do not have the protective equipment to take precautionary measures. They are overwhelmed and tired, which makes it easier to make mistakes. Its a perfect storm. a reply to: jhn7537

Can you imagine donning a hot completely white suit first thing every morning- to wear it 8, 10, or 12 hours through the day and through the heat of the day - where it's 90 degrees average? Combine with that a face mask that restricts your breathing and air intake. Great combo for ??? Then again, pardon me for bringing this up- thought about it as I'm typing this: how does one go to the bathroom with that suit on? #1 or #2? It's impossible more than likely. And we wonder why all kinds of healthcare staff got infected.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

My best to you and yours! Yea they don't know what it is here either, just classify it as a "upper respiratory infection" ...but what I hope is people who get that don't freak out thinking they've contracted ebola :/ Have to wait and see what happens I suppose, 21 days and man Halloween is coming too...oh the timing of this is quite coincidental indeed!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyron
Any idea as to the source of the contagion? as in where this person may have contracted it?[/quote

it has been posted a couple of times in this thread,but, I will post again for you and anyone else who missed the info. I know this thread is moving so happy to repost the info

Mr. Duncan, who was a family friend and also a tenant in a house owned by the Williams family, rode in the taxi in the front passenger seat while Ms. Williams, her father and her brother, Sonny Boy, shared the back seat, her parents said. Mr. Duncan then helped carry Ms. Williams, who was no longer able to walk, back to the family home that evening, neighbors said.“He was holding her by the legs, the pa was holding her arms and Sonny Boy was holding her back,” said Arren Seyou, 31, who witnessed the scene and occupies the room next to Mr. Duncan’s.

Sonny Boy, 21, also started getting sick about a week ago, his family said, around the same time that Mr. Duncan first started showing symptoms.In a sign of how furiously the disease can spread, an ambulance had come to their house on Wednesday to pick up Sonny Boy. Another ambulance picked up a woman and her daughter from the same area, and a team of body collectors came to retrieve the body of yet another woman — all four appeared to have been infected in a chain reaction started by Marthalene Williams. A few minutes after the ambulance left, the parents got a call telling them that Sonny Boy had died on the way to the hospital.

edit on 1-10-2014 by research100 because: add better info

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How long does it take to get a tourist visa?

Mr. Duncan flew on Sept. 19 from Monrovia to Brussels, where, according to United Airlines, he took Flight 951 to Washington Dulles Airport and continued to Dallas/Fort Worth on Flight 822, arriving Sept. 20.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

snip

Add to the ebola.. this enterovirus (sp?).

Double whammy.

edit on 1-10-2014 by UseHerName because: -

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Good question! I'm not sure for the US but it took about 6 weeks to get one to go to Russia.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
btw I checked my email this morning and a family member sent me this email call for volunteers to "role play" for a "flu outbreak"

Volunteers are needed for the
Pandemic Flu Regional Hospital Disaster Exercise

This Exercise is a collaborative effort to better prepare our community for an Influenza outbreak event in conjunction with health department, emergency management agencies and the hospitals in the Memphis region

Volunteers are needed as "role-players" to act as patients experiencing Flu-like symptoms.
· Volunteers will be taken to the hospitals via bus. Then hospitals will triage and go through a patient tracking, triage and treatment in austere conditions to manage the surge of patients.
· This is a great experience for volunteers, clinical staff, teachers, students and others as you learn what to expect and how to respond in an emergency.
· Volunteers shared in past exercises that this was a “life-changing experience”.
· We would like to have approximately 200+ volunteers to participate.

Details:
· October 1 (Wednesday)
· Staging (Meeting) Location:
o Hope Presbyterian Church
o 8500 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38018
· Registration 9:00-9:30am, the exercise will last until approximately 2:00 pm
· Registration and additional information at: www.shelbycountytn.gov/mrc
· Contact jennifer.russell@shelbycountytn.gov or (901)222-****office (901)508-****cell

Shelby County employees should first seek approval from their supervisors if they would like to volunteer.

Thanks for all you do!

....so yeah... I dunno what to make of this. Is this something that happens often? Anyone know?
edit on 1-10-2014 by UseHerName because: +

edit on 1-10-2014 by UseHerName because: (no reason given)

Hid part of the phone numbers...not sure if it's legal to post ...
edit on 1-10-2014 by UseHerName because: -/+

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
really... I just bought like 1000 cans of beans and 2000 cans of water. Why are you guys posting instead of preparing?!?

Did that years ago..............what with the economy and all the other stuff potentially going on would anyone wait? if you're prepping now its way behind the curve and just ahead of the herd!

Hard to believe Whitehouse spokesman today non chalantly dismissed questions about stopping air travel from Ebola affected countries saying current system was just fine as it was - hmmph!

Helps make the case for those who believe its let into the U.S. by design.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join