It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Does it matter if they are taking their temp everyday if they are taking Tylenol to mask it. Oh, come on. Bow bought they do something that will actually make a difference.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I could not agree more. I can even be somewhat sympathetic about wanting to go some place better for treatment. That sympathy ended today when I read what he participated in on the 15th and that he failed to mention that on the first trip to the hospital. Actually, that he did not proceed straight to a damn ER with mask and gloves on when he landed in Dallas!!!! He knew he had been exposed if nothing else he could have been careful.

It actually has become downright anger towards not only him but his family. They knew this as well and sent their kids to school that had been around him. FURIOUS just damn furious at this moment.
What kind of human being places this many people at risk .....

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If it's mutating rapidly how can they possibly know we are safe in America? Just curious as to why all the "experts" keep saying this on the news. Also wondering why they never specifically say how anyone contracted it, they only say body fluids. What are people doing with each others body fluids and how easy is it to get it from the fluids and how much of what body fluid does it take to get the virus?

Researchers claim the Ebola virus disease (EVD) is rapidly and continually mutating, making it harder to diagnose and treat.

link< br />
edit on 1-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For those who are interested, these aircraft have been operating out of Chicago since his flight.

When Thomas Eric Duncan left Liberia, he made his way to Brussels and boarded a United Airlines plane for the US.

Here is what we know about the planes he took and the routing:

On Sept. 20, Duncan took a United Boeing 777 from Brussels to Washington Dulles and arrived at 2:36 p.m.

According to flight records, Duncan had three hours on the ground at Dulles, clearing customs and then boarding his connecting flight, a United Airbus 320 from Washington to Dallas that departed 5:29 p.m.

Since then, based on their tail numbers, those exact two aircraft have carried passengers to 27 different cities.

According to flight records, the 777 that flew the overseas leg was in Chicago on Sept. 29.

The airbus was in Chicago several times on Sept. 26-28 and is scheduled to be here Thursday.

Full flight details since here

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I live about 30 minutes from Dallas, and I can tell you that people here are extremely nervous. What is not being said is that for the past few months there has been an extremely contagious viral respiratory illness that has been going around this area. Everyone I know here, and all the people they know have had, or have this illness. They say "it's allergies", but it's not allergies.

I haven't been sick in the past 2 years...seriously...and this particular virus hit even me hard. I had it for two weeks! So you can see how much panic this ebola case is causing because more and more people are sick with said respiratory illness, and they might construe it to be ebola. Hospitals are going to have a heluva time weeding out possible cases. And with the "flu season" coming up, topped off with this nasty upper respiratory, sinus infection causing, wicked cough making virus that's been going around this area, it's just going to make things much, much, much more complicated.

I will drop any local info I get if it hasn't been posted yet, but most ATS members are lightning fast with such things so I haven't had to do that. Although there hasn't been any mention of what I just said about the mass amounts of people in this area that have already been sick with the aforementioned virus. Seriously, everyone I meet/know has had it, or currently has it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
If it's mutating rapidly how can they possibly know we are safe in America? Just curious as to why all the "experts" keep saying this on the news. Also wondering why they never specifically say how anyone contracted it, they only say body fluids. What are people doing with each others body fluids and how easy is it to get it from the fluids and how much of what body fluid does it take to get the virus?

Researchers claim the Ebola virus disease (EVD) is rapidly and continually mutating, making it harder to diagnose and treat.

link< br />

An expert is on CNN--Anderson Cooper 360 right now, discussing this topic. He says it's possible for the virus to mutate so that it is more infectious BEFORE symptoms present. "Which is scary," he added, calling this outbreak, Ebola '14, a "dress rehearsal" for other viral outbreaks, though it could be Marburg or SARS in 2015 or 2016."
Typing as he speaks.
Source: CNN Anderson Cooper 360
Emerging viruses.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I think this man knew right away that he had a high chance of having Ebola and that's why he decided to come to the U.S.

He wanted to get treated here.

Absolutely! If they can turn away a 7 month pregnant woman who has it then he would have realised he had little chance of getting proper treatment there. Makes me so angry!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nurses Voice Concerns

Vice has an informative report saying 60 percent of nurses surveyed through National Nurses United (NNU), a nurses union said, they and their medical facilities are not prepared. They are the front lines and need to be listened to. (Think that has become apparent.)

some areas of concern include insufficient supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), lack of isolation accommodations, and an increased need for staff members when a patient is isolated. Some nurses have also reported that they have not been informed of any emergency measures or precautionary plans for handling Ebola in their facilities.

Full Vice Report

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How does a poor man from West Africa afford a ticket to the US? He would have to scrimp and save a long time is my guess. In my opinion, this trip to Dallas could not have been a spontaneous one but something he had to plan and save for for a long time.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here is where the man was in Dallas since we have members and readers from this area...

The first patient to be diagnosed with the Ebola virus in the United States was picked up by paramedics at an apartment building in Dallas in the 7200 block of Fair Oak Avenue.

Dallas Fire and Rescue came to The Ivy Apartments to take Thomas Eric Duncan to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

“It’s crazy,” said Chris Barrios, who lives in the Ivy Apartments. “I can’t believe it’s here man, the last place I would expect it to be.”

Neighbors who live in the Vickery Meadow area of Dallas say they are concerned.

source

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
He was vomiting outside the apartment complex before going to the hospital.

Two days after he was sent home from a Dallas hospital, the man who is the first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the United States was seen vomiting on the ground outside an apartment complex as he was bundled into an ambulance.

That has to be fairly concerning.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Any idea as to the source of the contagion? as in where this person may have contracted it?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Um.... Who said he was poor? And who said he didn't have a girlfriend or family here that could help him pay for it? And, who said he didn't take all of the dead people's money that he left behind? Ok, that last one was a low blow, but come on.... Desperate times, desperate measures.

a reply to: megabogie

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Try reading the thread..... He is from Liberia and got it from a dying pregnant woman!
a reply to: Hyron

ETA - Sorry, that sounded grumpy. I didn't mean for it to come across that way.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
He was a boarder in the house where the pregnant lady got Ebola. I doubt a man of means would be renting a room in someone's home.

a reply to: Doodle19815

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyron
It has been mentioned on msm that he assisted a pregnant Ebola victim into a car or somehow helped her reach a hospital, but she was turned away and later died. Several other people who assisted have reportedly gotten ill and even died:

Mr. Duncan, who was a family friend and also a tenant in a house owned by the Williams family, rode in the taxi in the front passenger seat while Ms. Williams, her father and her brother, Sonny Boy, shared the back seat, her parents said. Mr. Duncan then helped carry Ms. Williams, who was no longer able to walk, back to the family home that evening, neighbors said.“He was holding her by the legs, the pa was holding her arms and Sonny Boy was holding her back,” said Arren Seyou, 31, who witnessed the scene and occupies the room next to Mr. Duncan’s.

Sonny Boy, 21, also started getting sick about a week ago, his family said, around the same time that Mr. Duncan first started showing symptoms.In a sign of how furiously the disease can spread, an ambulance had come to their house on Wednesday to pick up Sonny Boy. Another ambulance picked up a woman and her daughter from the same area, and a team of body collectors came to retrieve the body of yet another woman — all four appeared to have been infected in a chain reaction started by Marthalene Williams. A few minutes after the ambulance left, the parents got a call telling them that Sonny Boy had died on the way to the hospital.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara
"Second, as far as its ability to pass from one another, I will NOT believe anyone who tells me this is not very contagious while they are simultaneously showing images of people in space suits and oxygen tanks walking through disinfectant pans. "

You called that right on!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
quick search on ticket fares round trip Dallas-Monrovia starts at $6600.00 ! My own family certainly couldn't help me with that price, but a group of Liberian immigrants could, especially with a huge group of them all living in an apartment?1?

link www.hipmunk.com...#!date s=2014-10-06,2014-10-13&pax=1&children=0&cabin=Economy

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Let me tell you, boarders come from all different walks of life. Poor to rich.

Anyhow, if my brother or husband were in Liberia at this very moment, I would scrape together every penny and call every church contact and friend I had to get them home. His GF could have pawned off everything she owned to buy that ticket.

To say he didn't come at the last minute to get treatment though, I guess we will never know. One way or the other, he knew he had been exposed to it. He should have (at the very least) quarantined himself.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Never underestimate a desperate person. Seriously.

If your family had to, I am sure they would somehow come up with the money. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a burden to just magically come up with $6600, but I bet if they HAD to, they could.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join