It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Whisperofsecretgold

I hope that was just him using that as a general statement and not his way of slipping up on the fact that it is airborne. Good catch btw. If it was found to be airborne, and this guy was in fact infected with that strain, I can't imagine how many could be walking around right now with no clue that they were infected.

ETA: After watching the video again it seems that he is stating it like it is in fact airborne.
edit on 9/30/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
There is no containing this disease! This is simply Patient Zero for the United States.

Along with the countless others that don't quite have symptoms yet. This surely isn't the only guy to have been exppsed and then entered the US by whatever means. A good start though. Big metro area there.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: kosmicjack

Exactly.

It's ludicrous the way they keep downplaying this. It reduces vigilance.

How does that make sense?

The extra spoon in this vigilance puree is the doctor who
was originally flown in to Atlanta Hartsfield in what-
ever state of isolation. It was in a complete ignorance of
every quarantine protocol imaginable.

That's not meant to sound dramatic I promise you... when
can you remember any instance before when somebody
with a life threatening virus was carted, or worse flown
into a clean area while observing the kind of safeguards
we saw?
Check the pics from the ambulance and the trot into the
hospital... they're here.
This is being played really fast and loose for a really bad
reason I don't want to consider. Last, when the federal
government in any flavor tells me it's no big deal: I start
picturing Bigfoot with a 60 and two belts to go with his
bad attitude. Watch your sixes everyone.. the October
surprise this year might be a sneeze and a bloody nose.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

they ask each person "So.. have you been to Africa recently?" They should, but I doubt many facilities do. Perhaps they will though, after today.

Those and other questions plague me too. I think they would have known where he's from? That should (ahem), sounded an alarm klaxon at the desk, IMO.

Oh, many passengers arrive daily from Ebola torn Africa? Thanks for flying the friendly skies, enjoy your stay. Smiles, handshakes all around. I got that stewardesses number. And that dudes business card. Wheres the nearest bar, restroom and restaurant? Unbeleeevable.

I can't even relate to how such a potential case can just disembark off a flight like that and be free to roam the city. If that hasn't changed there and the whole damn country overnight then when will it?

Like if some guy came to my house and wanted to rent a room and he said, Oh, I just flew in from Ebolaville, I would go, Oh sorry, no vacancy.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I just wanted to make sure we recorded somewhere in here that the CDCs first action was not disclosure, but was an embargo.

Good. Exemplary…

Hats off. Who says theres no whistle blowers and Wolf howls?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Well looks like this is no longer a 3rd world problem. We will now see if the many people saying that this wouldn't spread in the US because if our 1st world status and care will hold true.

I personally think that it has the potential to spread faster in the US due to our interconnected cities and commerce. People here travel a lot and often, and many people have terrible hygiene.

^THIS, and the fact the government has said it's no big deal.

With the incubation period being long enough in the average
person to come in contact with (how many does anyone) X
number of people a day, there's your factorial just for the
first layer of the pathogen ponzi. The CDC isn't even explaining
what level of contact including just social would be a transmit.

-- and finally no confidence that the bad news Zaire genome
hasn't mutated to rough airborne by now. This damned thing
has been already pegged, maybe accurately as a hybrid.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
a reply to: new_here

Just repeating what they said i have my own opinions on the amount of contacts

Oh I know, dear. Sorry if it sounded like I was 'schooling' you. Just expounding on what your post brought to my mind.

For those talking about the timing in relation to flu season... totally agree this is too coincidental to be merely coincidental. You can bet there will be people who flock to the emergency room in fear (clogging the system) who do not need to be there, and another set of people who need to go but are in denial and hang around the house infecting their families. If this thing does begin to spread, hospitals and doctors offices will be the LAST place I'd go if I were sick with anything. Those places would be 'unclean' --from doorknobs to counters to hands that pass clipboards and Insurance cards back and forth.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whisperofsecretgold

No, ebola is not airborne, that perhaps was a scaremongering bit to help big pharma promote whatever vaccine they have right now, that is still in the testing face.

Scare the population into accepting anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: defcon5

And the 1.6 billion rounds that homeland security ordered last year.

If this works out to the satisfaction of the real PTB, they won't
have to fire even one. Pandora's got a sniffle.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Was surprised that the USA was the first it makes you think did he suspect he had it and so headed to the USA?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They will be picking up the people that may have been infected as we speak, (Type)

I'd imagine they'll do most of the round-ups at night as to not create panic in the neighborhoods effected...
It will get creepy, expect tweets showing pics of quarantine vehicles and workers suited up..hoping for the best.
Nasty business, honestly I believe that they should consider total travel bans to and from West Africa.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think we can agree that it must not be airborne yet or it would have spread across the planet by this point.

What I am watching for is the first indication that a mutation has occurred that makes it airborne.

If this is a freudian slip by the director of the CDC saying essentialy "We have to do something now because we all breathe the same air" then it might be a first warning.

I don't know how hard it would be for this filovirus to develop a lipid coat like ebola Reston so I'm just waiting to see the first break in the dam. We won't have much time to duck and cover with a 21 day latency.

See what I mean?

a reply to: marg6043

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
it's inevitable that this patient will have infected others during the incubation period. and some of those will already have infected others.

etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
it's inevitable that this patient will have infected others during the incubation period. and some of those will already have infected others.

etc.

Or not. He only had the symptoms for 4 days. Even if someone caught it from him on the first day, at the bare minimum, they'd show symptoms the day he was quarntined and they started hunting down those who he came into contact with. It's at least two days before someone who has caugh this, would show symptoms (and be contagious) themselves.

But that's unlikely.. it's from 2 to 21 days. So most likely he did infect at least 1 or 2 more.. but they are also most likely still not showing symptoms, and all are quarantined at this point. The "having to be symptomatic" bit is the part that has always kept this somewhat in check in the past.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't think the people he came in contact with are the biggest worry. What do we have here that are not in the West African villages? Sewer systems. You know if this guy was sick he used the restroom. Ebola can survive for several days outside of a host. There are so many sewer lines that leak and with rats and other vermin in contact with them, its just a matter of time before it is out. Any restroom he used during his contagious period was a chance for the virus to escape into society.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

There's always critics...

Let's not forget the:

Extreme Weather Events

Increased Volcanic Activity

Increased Seismic Activity

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

That is something I never even gave a thought about. Yea now even I think we are doomed

I don't know why people skip the part of the reports about the "shedding" requirement of the virus. It's not like a game of "tag" where you pass it along instantaneously. Even if/when it goes airborne there will be a period of time required within the host before the virus replicates and begins to leave the body.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I remember reading somewhere that there is thought that the black death may have been a kind of ebola due to the rate in which it transmitted. Also Guinea banned eating of rats, bats and monkeys saying they were very dangerous animals becasue of ebola.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well, I'm not surprised this happened. It was only a matter of time. The important thing that remains to be seen is: will there only be isolated cases, or will it spread?

Also, I do not believe for a second that this was THE FIRST case in the US. TPTB seem to want to keep the info hush hush... which makes everything they say questionable... and what they don't say has a lot of weight.

Best of luck, everyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I apologize, fleabit, if I'm coming off a bit brash, but might I ask what skin you have in this game? You are thread hopping and telling everyone to chillax. Stop scaremongering. Nothing to see here, folks!

It's really having the opposite effect and makes me wonder what your intentions truly are.... I doubt you know anything anyone else doesn't know about this particular disease and situation as it's unprecedented.

Just a few posts above this one, you come off with an air of confidence that our Liberian cowboy and his contacts will all have been contained with plenty of time to spare. Are you forgetting that bodily fluids from infected individuals left on any public surface can contain shed viruses for several days at room temperature?

I doubt any alphabet agency had drones and cameras on his arse long enough to retrace every thing he touched.

/end rant

edit on 1-10-2014 by 59demon because: Typo

edit on 1-10-2014 by 59demon because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by 59demon because: Grammar

edit on 1-10-2014 by 59demon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join