It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I found it highly disturbing that the CDC also attempted to place an embargo on this story so that it could not be reported until this afternoon.

I was wondering about that. My post in the first page of this thread was right after the press vetted it. I looked at the CDC website and did not see one word. Ist reply page one.

Thanks for confirming that.

So how many other places has Ebola arrived in the US and they are also mute about? Seems funny Texas is first worldwide and country wide.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: watchitburn
The world failed to heed the warnings and pleas for help coming out of Africa for far too long. More

Actually, I think you are wrong. Western clinicians and medical teams have been working in Africa since this most recent Ebola outbreak started. In the thick of it. Or don't the facts count?

Regards

That is all very true but necessary and adequate funding was not forthcoming fast enough. Logistical challenges such as temporary medical facilities, food, clean water, disinfectant, medications, transportation, etc. have all been woefully lacking on the scale needed to contain and battle this outbreak. What is needed are organizations like the us military(for example) that have the experience, equipment and man power to get the job done. Now I'm not saying that this should be on the U.S. military alone(just an example) but rather should be coordinated through the international community. The problem is that the WHO(medical aspect), the World Bank(a funding source) and others may have no interest in saving "useless Africans" as they clearly do not have a humanitarian agenda but rather one far more sinister. And while it is true that healthcare professionals from around the world have been assisting from very early on in a very selfless manner they have been doing so without adequate numbers or aforementioned financial and logistical support. What seems odd to me is that this new strain of Ebola appears to be far more contagious than previous strains just based on its continued and projected proliferation whereas past outbreaks have burnt relatively quickly by comparison. It is odd that it appears to have been allowed to spread by a purposefully delayed response and has now made it to the U.S. where it may well continue to spread, albeit likely at a slower rate. Seems to all fit right in with NWO population reduction, the extermination of the useless eaters as it were. That being said one must wonder if this Ebola variant was engineered by humans thus accounting for the long duration(and predicted duration) of this outbreak! None of which is too far fetched as I'm sure many of you will recall a couple of years ago when a supposed swine flu "vaccine" was sent to somewhere in Europe from an American biotech. Said vaccine was actually a mixture of live swine flu and avian flu allowing for a mutation to create a more potent and more contagious virus(an impossible unless intentional mixture according to many experts) Luckily the receiving country tested this and did not distribute it. The American biotech chaulked it up to a mistake and no further action was taken on this widely acknowledged intentional attempt to create an epidemic, kill of millions and likely profit handsomely in the process by selling a vaccine they probably already had for their macabre creation. Sorry I dont have details on the players involved in that case but it cAn easily be found on google and likely right here on ATS. The next question is however what happens when the inevitable vaccine arrives generating millions(billions?) for big pharma(to vaccinate against their own creation?) Will it kill off even more people? Perhaps over months or years to prevent public outrage and revolution? Will it sterilize a certain percentage of the population? Will it be mandatory? Will it even be remotely safe? Is this the first big and overt shot of the NWO population reduction program? What comes next if so?!?!?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: fleabit

done deal.

Not so fast. Everything he touched has Ebola on it. If he is feverish he wipes his brow and opens the door to the bathroom, touches the toilet lid, the flush handle, the toilet paper, the inside door handle, the sink, the soap the paper towels…

If the is having diarrhea or vomting… then he touches things even more. And thats just the hospital bathroom during the first visit. The one he was turned away after.

Ebola can live outside the body for a while even in dried sweat.

Highly infectious means it doesn't take but one to ten particles to contract it (potentially).

Correct, but he was not symptomatic while at the aiport. Only after visiting family for 2 days. Then he came down with symptoms. I have no doubt most of his immediate family were exposed. But they almost certainly even now are not symptomatic, and in isolation.

The biggest worry is the moronic urgent care facility he went to, waited for a long while, before being seen, and sent home with antibiotics. I'd say that's the biggest threat at the moment.. that visit to that care facility. I guess I can't blame them yet.. he may not have told them he was in Africa, and it's unlikely with flu symptoms that they seem probably a couple dozen times a day, they ask each person "So.. have you been to Africa recently?" They should, but I doubt many facilities do. Perhaps they will though, after today.
edit on 30-9-2014 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
Just watching the press conference and apparently he had symptoms for 4 days before he went to the hospital but they say he only had a handful of contacts in that time.

He came into contact with how many medical professionals, who are potentially brewing this virus right now, before he was diagnosed?

He touched how many doors, waiting room chairs, pens for filling out paperwork?

It lives on surfaces for days. It resides in all bodily fluids once symptoms begin. Even sweat. Sweaty palms. Touching things. Giving it to the receptionist courtesy of his Insurance card. Then she passes it along to the next (how many?) patients as they lend her their Insurance cards.

Every person who has had contact with this man since his symptoms began must be isolated. Every. Single. Person.

Every route he traversed in that hospital before he reached isolation must be meticulously disinfected. Every. Inch.
edit on 9/30/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: LeviWardrobe

That coupled with the fact that he was turned away from the hospital the first time he went in. How many others will be misdiagnosed in the future?

I know and the early symptoms are pretty common. Fever, headache, fatigue...I suffer from these quite frequently.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are welcome for the confirmation.

I saw your early post and the lack of CDC confirmation, or rather attempted embargo on this news, but couldn't post until this evening here. The information about the embargo is quickly disappearing from newer versions of AP coverage so I wanted to make sure it was copied to this thread because it is very telling about protocols...and not those in place to protect public health.

Here is one of the few copies I can find of the original version from AP mentioning the embargo placed on the media that they broke. Rightfully so.

AP story

Even the google search links for the embargo now go to a story with the embargo information removed, in most cases. Not surprising but still disturbing.

Clearly this patient's risks for Ebola were initially not adequately assessed and more people are at risk because of that. If the CDCs reaction is to first hide the story until they are ready to tell it their way...well that doesn't exactly instill confidence in their preparedness or that of our modern medical system.

There will be more important information coming out, I would hope, but I just wanted to make sure we recorded somewhere in here that the CDCs first action was not disclosure, but was an embargo. Hoping for better efforts in the future and transparency.

And yes, this story is awful no matter what.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Ah..You see? This is why I was suggesting that you guys get your flu shots now before the virus gets here.

So now if you get symptoms of the flu you are going to freak out and think it's Ebola.

The arrival of Ebola in the United States is right on schedule. The experts at CDC knew that cases would show up here around th end of September, and here it is...September 30th.

Four days with symptoms without being diagnosed? I think Dallas is in a lot of trouble.

Good luck to us all.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Just repeating what they said i have my own opinions on the amount of contacts

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Boo hoo.

The earth needs to get rid us because we're too stupid to live without destroying each other and the planet. I say good riddance to bad human rubbish.

I include myself in the rubbish.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: duaneology

The punishment does not fit the crime. Ebola is one of the worst ways to die, and even worse, with it you can easily and inadvertently take the people you love with you to the grave, in the worst possible way.

I'd rather get shot than get Ebola.

link   

Yayyyyyyyyy.

link   

One Forum that does keep a close watch om such are

www.newfluwiki2.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And then there's the next people who came into contact with the ambulance and paramedics on board...

link   
The CDC lies. This is not the first case of Ebola on US soil. This is the third time that such has happened. I do not trust the CDC or the Federal government to stop this. And any one who does, we should not trust them at all, but to keep them at arms length.

link   
I just heard about this on CNN tonight and they reported that the same ambulance continued to pick up people for 2 days after picking up the Ebola patient because no one knew the guy had Ebola.
Then I read a NPR article stating the guy only had contact with a "hand full" of people using quotations and then they went on to say he had contact with several family members and a few people in the community. That's way more than a hand full...
I don't care what they say, it's here and I have doubts about containment!
edit on 30-9-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Is it just a coincidence that all these major epidemics are escalating at once? ISIS, Ebola, Ukraine....
edit on 30-9-2014 by Gh0stwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
How long was it before they quarantined the guy who entered Nigeria?
Less than a day?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Did the CDC director Tom Frieden, MD, just say Ebola is airborne?

"We are working with a broad global coalition to confront the epidemic there, but Ultimately we are all connected by the air we breathe."

Let's hope that was just a rhetorical device.

Check 4:54
www.mediaite.com...
edit on 30-9-2014 by Whisperofsecretgold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

It's here and it cannot possibly be contained. It's a Level 4 biohazard. They build top secret underground facilities with Get Smart like steel doors just to keep this thing from escaping.

And if you are making comparisons to the fictional zombie virus, I believe that this is worse than that, because the people who have Ebola are smart and they can hide from being rounded up if they suspect they have the disease, but it wont stop them from seeking help and touching anyone they can find to get it.

From what I can see the Ebola virus has a great ability to cause people who have it to go into denial and start touching everyone they can find.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Is is just a coincidence that all these major epidemics are escalating at once? ISIS, Ebola, Ukraine....

Like SARS, Alqueida, Iraq, Afghanistan. Not really surprised, if you look back in history you could probably connect several epidemics/wars/conflicts.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join