It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill
Remember the slaughter during the hoof and mouth epidemic in 2001? I can see that coming if things keep on the way it's going now. Poor Excalibur. I would have been very reluctant to kill anything with a name like that right now...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

You are probably right.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: research100

Purple shirt Judge is not going to be pleased if this Sheriff's Deputy turns out positive.

I am sure he is privately FREAKING OUT about now...Oh my god, I cannot believe how all our officials could be so stupid!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Purple shirt Judge is not going to be pleased if this Sheriff's Deputy turns out positive.

I am sure he is privately FREAKING OUT about now...Oh my god, I cannot believe how all our officials could be so stupid!

You are in my thoughts and prayers girlfriend, I know if I lived there right now my anxiety would have me in the fetal position. Stay strong

edit on 8-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59
RIP Excalibur.
This could develop into an Inquisition. "Do you have a dog? Did you come in contact with a dog? Where is that dog?"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The dog is where he always is...in the back yard...playing with the children...catching his slobbery tennis ball.

Hide the children while you're at it.
edit on 8-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That's so possible.

You know what scares me? What if God's been watching to see how well we handle this mess and decides after Excalibur to ditch us. I mean Excalibur gets whacked and then a possible second case turns up in DFW. Hate to say it, but after Macondo (Gulf Oil Spill), I don't think our track record as stewards of the Earth is looking real good from anyone's point of view. Not going to be a lot of our animal brothers willing to speak on our behalf if given the opportunity, IMHO. Excalibur's probably saying "Kill 'em all and You sort 'em out" about now...

Get religion real quick behind all this. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute... if our military is setting up labs in Africa that can give potential patients results of whether they have Ebola or not, in TWO HOURS, I love this horsesh*t that it's going to take 48 hours to know if the deputy has Ebola or not, especially when the whole world health care interests have been pointed at Dallas for a couple of weeks now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

exactly what I was thinking....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
New York

nypost.com...

A Harlem man showing Ebola-like symptoms was taken to Bellevue Hospital on Wednesday, sources told The Post.
The 31-year-old had recently visited Nigeria and was showing Ebola-like symptoms of the deadly disease when he was taken to the hospital for testing and observation, sources said.
The FDNY confirmed that an ambulance responded to a call for a patient who was feeling sick at the Center for Urban Community Services and took the person to the city hospital around 12:42 p.m.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I think it is new, this is the first I have heard of it, hope he tests negative.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just found this regarding the cremation of Mr Duncan.

Following federal guidelines, Texas authorities will cremate the body of Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person killed by the Ebola virus in the United States.

The 42-year-old Liberian died Wednesday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

"The remains have been transported for cremation. No additional detail about timing or location will be given at this time," Christine Mann, press officer with the Texas Department of State Health Services, said in an e-mail to USA TODAY.

Duncan's family was able to view his body, but were denied traditional West African funeral rituals, which involve family members handling the corpse.

"When someone dies, there are large quantities of virus," said CDC Director Tom Frieden.

Cremation kills the virus, so Duncan's ashes can be returned to the family, who will not have to wear protective gear.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is a new one for you all:

A man who recently traveled to Liberia was taken by ambulance from Los Angeles International Airport to a nearby hospital in Inglewood, where he was quarantined even though he does not have any symptoms of Ebola.

The man, who has not been identified, was taken Tuesday night to Centinela Hospital Medical Center due to “travel history appropriate precautions,” according to Steven Brand, a hospital spokesman.

“The patient will remain fully isolated in the hospital’s ER for continued evaluation and all appropriate testing will be conducted in consultation with the CDC,” Brand said.

www.dailynews.com...

edit on CDTWed, 08 Oct 2014 17:08:18 -05000000003105x118x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
So you're telling me between the inhumane treatment of Duncan and his family, the inhumane treatment of Excalibur and the dog's owners, now they are pulling people out of airports and whisking them off to "isolation" without ANY symptoms ! I'm not fearing the disease, I'm angry about the inhumane treatment everybody is receiving. WTF!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Here is a new one for you all:

A man who recently traveled to Liberia was taken by ambulance from Los Angeles International Airport to a nearby hospital in Inglewood, where he was quarantined even though he does not have any symptoms of Ebola.

The man, who has not been identified, was taken Tuesday night to Centinela Hospital Medical Center due to “travel history appropriate precautions,” according to Steven Brand, a hospital spokesman.

“The patient will remain fully isolated in the hospital’s ER for continued evaluation and all appropriate testing will be conducted in consultation with the CDC,” Brand said.

So, it seems like the authorities can only overreact or underreact -- no reasonable measures in between the two. I don't recall anyone saying that any traveler with a history of visiting Liberia must be quarantined.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Look at the significance of the dates...

Duncan first admits himself on feast of Trumpets, then dies on Sukkot...
edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 17:20:19 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm weirded out that the Spanish nurse had no idea how she could have been infected....then suddenly remembers she "may" have touched her face? Seriously?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Well, this guy has just come back from 'Liberia' so I guess they are taking the correct precautions with this one.... best to be safe!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

I'll take overreaction before underreaction any day.

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join