It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

annoying neighbors...do yours get on your nerves?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
my nabours keep to themselves. They would want to mess with us like they have in the passed but people are to busy living their lives nowadays.

Also i'm kinda notorious here, some people avoid me like the blight. I don't mind it tho. It's better than being drawn into their daily drama.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've had one that I had to deal with harshly. Always complaining about something.
He threatened to sue me because I trimmed branches off of a tree in his yard that had branches touching my roof.
He never mowed his yard but he complained if I touched his property when mowing my own.
He dumped all of his leftovers just outside of his front door and created a smelly fly infested mess.
I came home one day and my girlfriend was crying because he upset her.
I walked over and told him to stay the hell out of my yard and if he ever so much as spoke a word to my girl I would break his arm.
Never heard another word out him.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sounds like he won the race to the top of DUCE mountain ! God damn !

My next door neighbour is a right bastard !
Just swearing ! Music ! Lends this bs !
Pfft I can hear his music now ! Pfft !

I'll swap with ya!pffft

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

No just pointing out that one person's pain in the ass is another person's helpful.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I so feel your pain OP. Been there myself. With today's technology I feel there is no reason for anyone to knock unannounced, text or call first, unless of course it's an emergency. I myself hate it when someone just drops by, people are too busy these days and our time at home is our private time and to be respected.

I always think of Robert Frost who said, "Good fences make good neighbors." Maybe it's time to invest in a fence with a locked gate. Hope things get better for you, maybe you'll have to take some of the advice given here and just tell him to permanently FO. I know that no one really wants to be "that person" but some people just give us no choice.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have old farts on both side of me that have nothing better to do than watch what the neighbors are doing.

Want an example? Here it is anyways...lol
My mother in law got a new car.
My neighbor comes over and asks ( your mom get a new car? I noticed it had the same license plate)..WTF?

The neighbor behind me has more cars than a junk yard rotting in the yard. We live in the county not the city so they tell me I can't do anything about it....$&@#%!!!

I don't have a dog but always find a pile of poop in my yard.. I know who it is but they only let their dogs in my yard when I'm at work.

So yeah, my neighbors kinda suck...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

i hate when people come over without letting me know first.

it hardly ever happens like that unless it is the neighbor. my wife and i dont have any friends and my mother and her father know to call first

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No just pointing out that one person's pain in the ass is another person's helpful.

doing things for me that i dont want or need done is in no way helping me.
it stresses me out and i dont like it.

i should be able to lay down and take a nap on a sunday without my neighbor deciding he is going to take it upon himself to cut my bushes.

the bushes were not really all that bad and they were not even on his side.
they separate my house from my other neighbor.

i could maybe understand him doing that if the bushes were between his house and mine but theyre not

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

my wife and i dont have any friends

Can't imagine why.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

my wife and i dont have any friends

Can't imagine why.

i can. i dont like people

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Another thing my neighbor does is go through my rubbish bins and [ recycle ] or snoop looking for roaches ??
he gets mad that i do not recycle my rubbish but xxxx him i try and be sick in the bag before i put it out

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah, the neighbors annoy me. They are always complaining about all the noise I make.

That's just a joke.
I hope

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I highly recommend putting your feelings in writing and posting a letter to his door. Be completely nice but incredibly firm. Be thorough. This method has worked well for me on several occasions under similar circumstances. That's my best advice. Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I have no neighbors. Can't see another house from my home. And yes I do not like neighbors.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ugh!

i wish i could build a wall around my house or buy myself an acre of land or something...

We have an acre and we have the same problem. My sister has 12 acres and has the same problems. My niece with 12 acres had the neighbor dog come and kill their animals and when confronted they said "yeah so whatta ya want me to do about it".

No answers but the middle of Mohave!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Is this your neighbor? lol

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I feel for you. I just moved away from the neighbors from hell a month or so ago. My mental health has dramatically improved since the move.

I can not stand it when someone comes to my door unannounced. There are only a few reasons for knocking on someones door unannounced, and an emergency is the only one I find acceptable, and better happen no more than once every five years.

My husband and I are the same, we are both introverts. I am not the type of woman who likes playing hostess. I dread it. The only people I want over are people I feel comfortable enough with to send them to get their own glass of water if they are thirsty in my home. The only 2 people that fall under that category live in another state.

So... I think what needs to happen here is to blackmail the blackmailer. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Be super needy for a month. Ask before he has a chance to do. Start doing things like wash his car with a nice wax stripping laundry detergent , maybe even build a hideously ugly garden using recycled materials in his yard. The turn around and ask for a ridicules favor.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Privacy fence, the tallest one city ordinance will allow...that or an island with a moat full of man-eating 'gators. So dislike the "drop ins" that think you have nothing better to do than entertain them without notice. It is to me the height of rudeness because all it takes is a simple phone call to see if you are busy and whether or not now is a good time for a visit. Presumptuous neighbors/friends need to respect one's privacy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Do the same to him..ask for stupid things...go over to his house...hard as that may be...don't leav e his porch...go over middle of the night...demand stuff...keep rambling n visiting...ask for his stuff...be a pest...don't let up n be just as much a pest at all hrs...turn the tables right back on him!!!
God luck
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How about one of these then?

With a sign saying "Trespassers will be shot"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join