It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Proof of Monotheistic Deception

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I've noticed that Christians create their own little "flavor" of Christianity. How are they able to get away with having views of God that don't match up with scripture? They feel strongly that God has shared something with them so they latch onto that view of God instead of testing that view against the Bible in order to "prove all things". Of course you'll find that their views don't always jive with the backbone of their faiths, the scriptures. So what's right? Believing the Bible or your own interpretations of them based on emotion. "The heart is deceitful above all else". Better double check those personal experiences..

On topic:

(A large portion of this show is open callers but I linked it for the info Tracie Harris talks about near the beginning. fyi! Watching it all isn't required!)
edit on 30-9-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: teknalchemist

Gnosticism has many forms and I would consider it to be very interesting. The whole judeo-christian dialogue really bores me and the fact that the Abrahamic sects are the dominant forces on this planet is disturbing. In my opinion, by utilizing their own imagery, we are only giving them even more power. This may have been useful for a time where everyone came from one of those world views, but today we have a vast secular body of people who are entirely uninitiated into any extradimensional worldview. These people are ripe for a new creation and an awakening that can lead them to fight the real hydra head on without any cultural pretenses that might ensnare them.

I like the imagery of Lucifer, Apollo and Prometheus, but these are dated. We need something novel that has that certain pop to it to entice the sleeping mind. From my own personal experiences, this world is not as it seems. We are being actively driven here in a state of hypnotic delusion by forces of perpetual torment driving us away from becoming aware of our actual situation. Those hells are real to me and I think they could be revealed to others as well. Certainly there are many buddhist texts on the subject which suggest that my experience of torment is not an isolated incidence among enlightened and spiritual beings.

I would suggest that a person is not released from hell to be granted the gift of peace until after they have surrendered their individual will to the great parasite. Rapture and bliss felt by the self-immolating mystic is a spiritual heroin designed to prevent them from ever employing their rational faculties after their first dose of death. We can resurrect these zombies and I am confident that this inevitable resurrection is at hand. Conversion of the dead comes later. First we must awaken the living to new life. I don't think gnosticism has the power to realize that goal.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

some of the reviews? it received 4 out of 5 stars...you quoted a single person. it never ceases to amaze me how limited the mindset of some 'religious' folks can be. you would do better to read it for yourself all the way thru before responding in such a weak fashion...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

i like your line of thought and i share many of your viewpoints...and i continue to seek out answers both externally and internally. i believe we all have a sacred duty to free our spirit from the confines forced upon us. for now, perhaps it is only possible to do so individually...much like the mystics and yogis who choose to seclude themselves in search of enlightenment. i wish you a safe journey...peace

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: teknalchemist

i like your line of thought and i share many of your viewpoints...and i continue to seek out answers both externally and internally. i believe we all have a sacred duty to free our spirit from the confines forced upon us. for now, perhaps it is only possible to do so individually...much like the mystics and yogis who choose to seclude themselves in search of enlightenment. i wish you a safe journey...peace

a sacred duty to shake off these mortal coils, you mean? to transcend the material plane and become more than flesh or matter?
edit on 30-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Screw that. My thought is to make of this universe a permanent habitation eternally clipped off from the tree of life, not to march headlong into death. My mystical experiences are simply a fact-finding effort at this point, nothing more. I am not so consumed by my ego as to think this world stands to lose a great deal if I fail, but if this risk bears fruit, it could revolutionize things. I've certainly never heard of anyone actually clinging to their independence while trying to flex more spiritual muscles, not even the sorcerers who claimed to bind demons or the charismatic who can get others to dance to their tunes. They never became personally greater they just learned how to get other beings to do their bidding.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Screw that. My thought is to make of this universe a permanent habitation eternally clipped off from the tree of life, not to march headlong into death. My mystical experiences are simply a fact-finding effort at this point, nothing more. I am not so consumed by my ego as to think this world stands to lose a great deal if I fail, but if this risk bears fruit, it could revolutionize things. I've certainly never heard of anyone actually clinging to their independence while trying to flex more spiritual muscles, not even the sorcerers who claimed to bind demons or the charismatic who can get others to dance to their tunes. They never became personally greater they just learned how to get other beings to do their bidding.

is that what you are aiming for? to become "personally greater"? i have always admired the idea of man teaching himself how to fish, rather than relying on manipulative self-serving powers to feed him.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

it received 4 out of 5 stars...

Gonna pass on that offer but thank you very much...

Wait what... you liked it too?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If that means becoming more virtuous and unlocking my latent talents so I can utilize my freedom to the greatest degree possible, then yes. I want to evolve as a person so I am not the kind of being who causes these types of problems. I want to do what I can do to reduce the ugliness of reality. I want to do something that matters with my time on this earth instead of just spinning my wheels subsisting. I want to help people avoid self-immolation so that they don't end up falling into the same pits that everyone else is marching towards. I want to figure out what that ultimately means so I can get to the end of whatever journey this is. I want to see the systems of slavery and abuse ended so that we can build something worthwhile here. I want a new state of being, maybe not a perfect state without conflict, but one that isn't so damn soul crushing all of the time. We shouldn't be turning against one another to squabble over the crap they sell us in this world when we could be working together to move the things that really matter to the very center of our lives. I want to know what it really means to love someone to value the production of their being and to contribute to their happiness. I don't see how to do that in the reality I know of on this current world.

I am not perfect. I may not even be good yet. I am critically flawed, but I am alive, awake and trying to do what I think is right and I hope this is more productive than being totally absorbed in hedonism.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

it received 4 out of 5 stars...

Gonna pass on that offer but thank you very much...

Wait what... you liked it too?

i would hazard a guess that the book's 4 stars come from being educational material in the areas of history and culture rather than a practical manual for starting a world war. i can study the life of genghis khan and actually LEARN something even if he was a raging monster.

oh and i can do that too:

hmm. i guess people have a habit of reading questionable material these days.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well, I certainly won't be imposing my will upon this reality. There's far too much of that going on. I'm glad you remain vigilant and I hope your seclusion is a blessing for you. For me personally, this state of inaction and isolation is almost suffocating. Patience is probably the thing I need to work on most personally. I scoured this earth seeking an oasis and I've come up empty handed. I will take the Emersonian approach I guess, but in the meantime I feel like I have Cassandra's curse. I understand why so many people cave in and look to building up a pyramid of their own. It seems to be the only way anything gets done on this planet. I really hope this modern generation changes that. There has to be a way to be networked, organized and proactive without replacing one system of tyranny for another.

If you ever need to find me, I'll be in the Laurel Highlands working on how to pronounce that Om word more properly while I figure out how to better garden this rocky soil. ;p

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I understand that you and Geddy Lee would get along in this conversation, but this does not change the facts. Your actions affect others. Because of this, law governs the actions of those who choose to use freedom of will to take rather than give. If given the choice to protect your family or allow harm, what laws do you rest on as a foundation for your motivation?

Geddy Lee may choose free will, but he also uses his guitar to play music based on an overtone series formed by law. If his will is to walk away from the law, choosing his own path, then no music. You can't have it both ways. Either we embrace the perfect laws of symmetry and obey their limits, or we can choose our own chaos.

All of our reality is tuned. It follows invariant symmetry that cannot be changed until we are ready for the change.

The freedom you seek is offered by the process God chooses. His will, not ours.

edit on 30-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your lament is the same as this verse from the song I posted:

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet

Fleet of course is shortness of life. God's will is to give us His goodness and wisdom. That cannot come from perfect freedom or perfect bliss. We are each imperfect and incomplete. As mighty as we might think we are in our reasoning, goodness, thoughts or deeds, we are unfilled by the standards of God's requirements. You must be born again. It's a process of God giving you each life for the purpose of evolution (rising to new life). Involution is the restriction of God's process. Amnesia is part of that restriction. Noting is ever lost. You get it back again as a robe (new body) and crown (renewed mind) in the end. The sheep develops the wool from circling the wilderness. The Shepherd washes the wool. The robe made from the wool is for all, not one. We each wear the robe made from the suffering of the saints.

Your may very well be asking to develop your own robe. If this were given to any of us as our own task, we would simply be a sheep in matted wool.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I went through a hedonist phase from 13 to maybe 22 (to my dismay now), and even back then I couldn't stand rush. They have one song about an elm and an oak that I appreciate on a lyrical level, but musically I don't see how anyone ever listened to them.

It isn't like I don't get what you are saying and I can feel your God pulling on my heartstrings telling me that it isn't too late to abandon myself and surrender to him, but I don't want to become just another possession. At one time I think I was seduced by what you might call demonic forces, you know the whole mountaintop "you are special, I could give you the world" type experience.

I think many people of a certain archetype have that experience. I was lost in my ego for a very long time, but after I died and I faced hell head on, I came back different. I ran from it for awhile, trying to build my own life here, and I don't want to spend my eternity there, but I don't want to bend the knee to a God who would condemn me either, and I certainly don't want to own the world.

The beauty in people is their potential for creative genius and I can't impose that onto them. That has to well up from inside of them. Slavery kills that function in us. What kind of prize would I be if I drank the kool aide now? Would your God condemn me to spend out the rest of my days warming a pew at the local church and graciously surrendering to whatever role I could embody here on the local level?

Maybe I'd climb to the top of my affinity group and I'd get to have a real say in my own "we." That might be really impressive. I don't want that. If the price I pay for walking away from the established collectives of this world is to be isolated then so be it, and if I cannot be of use to this world as a free being who stands on his own two feet, then I won't be anything at all. I just wish I had more optimal choices. It seems the whole game is rigged to suck.

The sad thing is, your God had a real potential to be a good father to us, to guide us in our employment of freedom, to be proud of us as we step into the light, and he's dropping the ball on that one. If he'd just get over his own myopic need to be the source of all things, he could sit back and enjoy the things that we choose to create for him too. There really is no reason for there to be hostilities. And the institutions of this planet could be benevolent to humankind if they'd just let go and give some control back over to the people.

Why are the institutions that mystics create, who claim to be all about surrender and the beauty of a spontaneous world so totalitarian in their designs? Why is their fruit born into reality so disgusting? Who can Om out on a mountaintop while children are raped, mutilated and tortured? Who can worry about their social status while people lose hope in themselves and turn to a god who just counts them as another tally mark on a black wall of putrid flaming onyx?

Some day, a free people are going to get over their paranoia of one another and they will build something together and then they'll stand back satisfied and they will say, "It is good." And when that happens, this whole thing will not have been for nothing. Whatever happens to me, I'm glad I got to be here. It was worth it, and as far as I know I've still got quite a road ahead of me.

I'll tell you what. I'll give your God my computer for Christmas. On it, he can create whatever he wants and arrange it into anything his mind can design, and he doesn't need a single willing human sacrifice to achieve that goal.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

dude...i think i would honestly enjoy breaking bread and sharing drink with you...although from personal experience i think we would enjoy the drink and conversation that ensued far more
in truth, part of the reason i even responded to this post was because of your dilemma and obvious frustration of what the hell is really going on...i get it...and that frustration is only compounded by being surrounded by people who are blinded or refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that maybe...just maybe...things are amiss...religion, greed, contempt, bad guacamole...it matters not...if we were truly created in the image of god, does that not truly make us godlike? if he gave us free will, does that not allow us the freedom to succeed and fail on our own terms? without restrictions? or does it mean we are merely being played with...and satisfaction/acceptance is only granted to those who follow the law made up by something that never speaks to us? although according to the bible, when he does respond it typically requires some form of sacrifice just to be acknowledged? i say BS...the zealots will always speak in fervent tones and close their eyes ...even if it means flying into a flame...hence devotion and faith

i feel sorry for them...i truly do

take shelter in knowing that you are truly making use of your god given right...and in doing so, you are becoming more like god than any of those other fools who question not...

the laurel highlands sounds like a grand place...for some reason i have bagpipes blowing in the background of my mind as i try to envision it...

it's nice to know that there are those like you still out there...it helps to reinforce my hopes for humanity

i have no wish to seclude myself...i embrace the idea of folks who would join together and try to make a difference....i'm still on the fence

so...tell you what...i'm willing to meet up at the highlands with you...bet

now smile brother...cuz i am

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

alephbet...i have played with that word on my tongue for years...it was and will always be one the greatest words to say and play with...along with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...but i digress

huge geddy lee fan...couldn't help but chuckle at the comparison

seriously...rush was awesome...hemispheres remains one of my favorite albums of all time

i am forever fascinated with the hebrew language...the symbols and their meanings

there is powerful magic there...

i wise man once said that there is no wrong is learning and understanding the reasons behind other cultures and their own beliefs...in fact, they demand respect

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Hello Nechash, You seem to be shaking your fist at God, and I find this to be quite amusing.

I think that a true God would likewise find it amusing. This God of perfection, I fancy,

relishes a bit of spirit in his subjects. What perfect God, I wonder, does not welcome

a question of intellect? Are you or I able to question the omnipotent power of a God of perfection?

We have been burned at the stake by those who profess to speak for God.

Our destiny is controlled by the will of a phantasm.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Well, I've seen more overt defense in this one conversation of the things I love inherently than I ever have out there in the real world. That does give me hope. Maybe I will live to see the dawning of the sun yet? Standing here in this desert in the pitch blackness squinting at distant stars I shiver as the freezing cold penetrates the very bottom of my being and I desperately crave the light of the rising sun.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

If a god out there loves the passionately independent, "Here I am, what next?"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

" If a god out there loves the passionately independent, "Here I am, what next?"

The human soul is like a gothic cathedral.
We reach skyward, buttressed by the love and care of our family.
We are a harmony of independence with inter-dependence.
The passion that sets us free is the compassion that binds us to Mother Earth.

p.s. is Nechash the Goddess or the Owl?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join