It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Unveils Next Windows OS and it's Called .....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
I have a custom built gaming PC I built myself running WinXP 32-bit SP3 for some older stuff I still use and Win7 64-bit SP1. I think Win7 is probably the best OS. Win8 Win10 I'll get it if I need it but I doubt that will be anytime soon. Apple is Apple. I prefer PC.

It looks as though the hardware manufacturers are working with Oculus to create Oculus enhanced components. I have already spec'd out my gamming rig... jsut holding off before building it until next year...

Have a look at the specs.

KORG's GAMING RIG

Korg.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Not bad Korg. Nice video card, 8 cores is good but I'd probably go with an Intel CPU like the i5 4690K for gaming. I'm on this PC site.

www.overclock.net...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Biigs

If you want flashy, glossy, basic control - use an apple - if you want to use the damned thing and have control use 7 or linux.

10 is going to be another flop as 8 was, 7 is king, its light and fast and people can actually use it.

corps arnt going to roll over and pay XXXXX whatever plus training for somthing they all hate over a OS thats perfectly fine.

complete lunacy, again.

From what I've seen about 10, it looks as if they tried to make the default OS more like windows 7, while giving the user the option to use it more like 8 (for touch devices, for example) if they wanted to.

If they can pull that off, then it would be a good OS. I'll withhold my judgement until I use it.

Actually it is a duel install. If you have a touch device it installs metro style. If you install it on a desktop or non touch laptop it installs mini metro start.

Korg.

What about for a 2-in-1, or some of the new laptops coming out that are traditional laptops, but with a touch screen? Those laptops have the ability to be used simultaneously with a mouse and/or by touch.

edit on 10/1/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: Biigs

If you want flashy, glossy, basic control - use an apple - if you want to use the damned thing and have control use 7 or linux.

10 is going to be another flop as 8 was, 7 is king, its light and fast and people can actually use it.

corps arnt going to roll over and pay XXXXX whatever plus training for somthing they all hate over a OS thats perfectly fine.

complete lunacy, again.

From what I've seen about 10, it looks as if they tried to make the default OS more like windows 7, while giving the user the option to use it more like 8 (for touch devices, for example) if they wanted to.

If they can pull that off, then it would be a good OS. I'll withhold my judgement until I use it.

Actually it is a duel install. If you have a touch device it installs metro style. If you install it on a desktop or non touch laptop it installs mini metro start.

Korg.

What about for a 2-in-1, or some of the new laptops coming out that are traditional laptops, but with a touch screen? Those laptops have the ability to be used simultaneously with a mouse and/or by touch.

I'm not entirely sure. the information I have is from a channel partner and they have some kind of testing release version... though I have to say I think it's a shell over 8 they have.

It would make more sense for them to add the ability to switch between metro and/or start mini metro, but what i've been told was that it was a dual install and you had to make a choice which route you wanted to take.

Early days yet I guess

Korg.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Not bad Korg. Nice video card, 8 cores is good but I'd probably go with an Intel CPU like the i5 4690K for gaming. I'm on this PC site.

www.overclock.net...

cool

I've bookmaked that site for reference.

I chose AMD over intel because of cost. 8 cores is good but only if the software can take advantage of it I guess. I was just trying to spec it out for what I think Oculus is likely to need to be the best it can be while running ELITE: DANGEROUS

And if not then that EVGA card can be 3 way SLI'd

I'm sure prices will come down by next year so will keep tweeking it until it comes time to place my order. I recently tweeked it from a 256 SSD cause the price of SSD is tumbling so much. I could easily see using SSD only machine by next year as I was planning to port my 2tb hd to the new machine anyway.

Not too sure about all the money people spend on dark light stuff... sure it looks great but when you're gaming you are looking at the screen anyway right?

Korg.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If anyone fancies getting their hands on a preview version of Windows 10 here's the link to join the Windows Insider Program and download a copy to test.

With the Windows Insider Program, you’ll get all the latest Windows preview builds as soon as they’re available. This means you’ll be one of the first to experience the new ideas and concepts we’re building. In return, we want to know what you think. You’ll get an easy-to-use app to give us your feedback, which will help guide us along the way.

This program is designed exclusively for people who want be involved in the process. So if you want to help us build the best Windows yet, we want you to join us
insider.windows.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hopefully they keep it simple like Windows XP. Simplicity is easier.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join