It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how come when i post images they dont show up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i see other people post pics and they show up fine. mine you actuallly have to click on...

i wrap the link in image tags..

you know, the link.jpg wrapped in

thats what pops up^^^^^^^

edit on 30-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

they have to be images you have stored in your gallery/image library, not images from external source sites.

[ETA] and they should be using the [pic] and [/pic] tags instead of the [img] and [/img] tags too

hit quote to see the difference

edit on 9/30/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You must click the down arrow at the top of your ats page and then click on "upload" and then upload whatever picture you want, and then paste the code for it in your post or you move it into the cloud folder and then you can add it to your post by choosing the picture icon at the top of the posting screen and then click on your picture of choice to add it to your post.

edit on 30-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you guys know more than me but that dont seem right...

in a thread a couple days ago i posted a few pics from google images and wrapped them in the img tags.
out of 5 pics 1 of them actually showed up in a pic..

either way.... in all these threads that are just random...you know show us your fav car...they have to be uploaded to your gallery?

thanks. if thats the case thats too much trouble.

in the jesus statue thread i posted about 20 pics wrapped in tags off google and a couple of them showed up too. none of them were in my gallery

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Then follow all the upload instructions... then.. if you want to move the picture instead of copy-pasting the code, just click on that cloud icon

And add to a post this way, by clicking on the picture icon and then click the picture you want.

You don't have to use the cloud, I copy paste the code unless its something I use frequently like the emoticons.
edit on 30-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I never see them unless they are in someone's gallery. Otherwise I know I cannot see them. I don't know if I'm alone in that or not however.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I never see them unless they are in someone's gallery. Otherwise I know I cannot see them. I don't know if I'm alone in that or not however.

i dont know what could have happened then. i have a few pics in my gallery but those are for avatars and one is a pic of my hand.
i was surprised that a couple pics i wrapped in tags showed up cause the usually never do.

maybe it was a glitch in them matrix

thanks for your help

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You can put tons of pictures in your gallery you know... I do all the time. Usually I keep another window open just for adding the occasional picture.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

testing pic?

FINALLY GOT IT !!!

geez i feel like such a noob

edit on 30-9-2014 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

yeah , nobody ever says to left click on the pic and then copy/paste, with 2 tabs open.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

YEA! I'm glad you got it all figured out now!

I'm sure your not alone...My husband has been here longer than myself and I helped him to learn about all this since it was an area I explored and he didn't. Doesn't make you a noob at all!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

thanks. i kinda feel like the pic i posted.

new topics

top topics

join