It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas, Texas possible Ebola case

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wait...Did i just hear this right? Fox news just announced it was confirmed that the Dallas patient does, indeed, have Ebola! Can someone else confirm this for me? I just saw it on the news.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
CDC has confirmed according to fox

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
great here we go

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not finding any other confirmation

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Quick.....EVERYONE PANIC!

No but seriously im sure it will be fine, one isolated case , and it looks like he was contained before he became contagious so....

No zombies yet....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

No press conference yet , yes early reports are YES. Patient IS Positive for Ebola.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Press conference scheduled in 1 hour from CDC.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com... /20140929-dallas-ebola-case-confirmed-by-cdc-first-diagnosis-in-u.s..ece

just saw this...great. NOT!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I believe has been with family news said. Doubt they have all been home the last few days.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm curious. I wouldn't think that there is a direct from Libera to Atlanta. Would this flight have gone through, say, Cairo or some place first?

Pretty scary. It has been pretty scary for a while, especially when one considers the apparent geometric progression of this disease.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Test results due in next tuesday? That's absurd so lets have all the people that came into contact with possibly contaminate others...what a joke

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: wastedown

That's it for Ebola. You do not mess with Texas.

It'll be interesting to see if he was on a crowded plane and in a busy airport, or if he was met by family, and who else he was in contact with.

Looks like Ebola is messing with Texas. That stinks!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Press conference at 4:30 PM CST from CDC Atlanta, with Dallas officials participating.

Confirmed, he's positive. I expected this, from the earlier headlines.

Very freaked out there is now a positive ebola case 46 miles from my house.

www.dallasnews.com...

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Press Conference at 4:30 central. CDC confirmed first Ebola case in US.

Mods... Can we edit the title to reflect Confirmed status of report?

Great! Just now got a confirmation of this child attacking respiratory virus "Endovirus" in my city!
edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: update time

edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: stupid Autocorrect!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Now if that doesn't scare the hell out of a person! I live a couple hundred miles away from Dallas. The CDC is going to hold a press conference soon to confirm it and probably try and assure the public that there is no danger. I heard the announcement on FOX News a few minutes ago.
I know they, the Govt, are saying you cannot get it easily but viruses mutate. Even though this guy was asymptomatic during the flight, he was presenting symptoms at "Presbyterian Hospital " when he did arrive. What about the people in the medical field he came in contact with, the triage nurse, phlebotomist, lab tech, and what if he used the bathroom before he was seen by a Dr. and other people went in after him, or the housekeeping staff?
I believe there is reason to worry
~Linda

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grumpydaysleeper

Local news was reporting earlier in the day they were tracking down his coworkers, friends & family. Basically anyone he'd had suspected contact with.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pmburk

What about grocery stores he might have shopped at? Or a pharmacy he visited to get cough medicine? I know it's not easily transmissable but doesn't it lurk on surfaces, too, once he shows symptons?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pmburk
a reply to: grumpydaysleeper

Local news was reporting earlier in the day they were tracking down his coworkers, friends & family. Basically anyone he'd had suspected contact with.

That could end up quite a list!
If someone in his family ends up ill, then there goes another list of people to track down.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
From CDC website…..

Ebola viruses are transmitted through direct contact with blood or body fluids/substances (e.g., urine, feces, vomit) of an infected person with symptoms or through exposure to objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected blood or body fluids. The role of the environment in transmission has not been established. Limited laboratory studies under favorable conditions indicate that Ebola virus can remain viable on solid surfaces, with concentrations falling slowly over several days..1, 2 In the only study to assess contamination of the patient care environment during an outbreak, virus was not detected in any of 33 samples collected from sites that were not visibly bloody. However, virus was detected on a blood-stained glove and bloody intravenous insertion site.3 There is no epidemiologic evidence of Ebola virus transmission via either the environment or fomites that could become contaminated during patient care (e.g., bed rails, door knobs, laundry). However, given the apparent low infectious dose, potential of high virus titers in the blood of ill patients, and disease severity, higher levels of precaution are warranted to reduce the potential risk posed by contaminated surfaces in the patient care environment.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'd guess there's a rush on in quarantining his family, tracking his movements, impounding or just burning his car, and anything anyone in a position of authority can do right now to contain possible infectious people and surfaces. Much of this, and probably they are moving fast, should be in place by the time of the press conference (about 15 minutes).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join