It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas, Texas possible Ebola case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm working from my phone so a link is tough for me to get posted for you guys but Google shows many sources.

I did the obligatory search on ATS but found nothing.

The man is isolated at Dallas Presby Hospital. They are concerned because of symptoms AND the fact he recently traveled to Liberia. More news should be released later today.

If this has been posted Mods please delete as needed. Thanks!
edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's a link wastedown

Dallas Hospital Possible Ebola Patient

S + F

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

That's it for Ebola. You do not mess with Texas.

It'll be interesting to see if he was on a crowded plane and in a busy airport, or if he was met by family, and who else he was in contact with.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Thanks!

I owe you one.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Considering DFW airport is larger than Manhattan (the entire island), it's tough not to let your mind conjure up images of this guy shaking hands with the world... Let's hope it was Love Field or a raft across the Rio Grand!

I'll be keeping an eye on this. But let's not freak out yet. It is scary, as far as I can find this would be the 1st American case that wasn't flown in under isolation and direct medical care.

Fingers are crossed that the tests come back Negative and this fizzles to nothing, and we can chalk it up to a false alarm.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If he came in via DFW (or had a layover somewhere) I'd bet the crews with bleach-buckets are out washing down anywhere he may have walked, ate, or sat. Or at least you'd think they'd be doing that.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Although they are still saying that test results won't be available until later today, the CDC has announced they are sending a team there. In fact they interrupted a meeting between authorities in Dallas and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to tell them this.

Dallas News

I'm pretty sure the CDC has not sent a team in other possible US cases they were testing.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yikes, I have to fly into DFW on friday, I wonder if he tests positive if it will effect my travel there?

I live in the weatherford area just west of DFW , this could make things interesting

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Although they are still saying that test results won't be available until later today, the CDC has announced they are sending a team there. In fact they interrupted a meeting between authorities in Dallas and the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to tell them this.

Dallas News

I'm pretty sure the CDC has not sent a team in other possible US cases they were testing.

This is an extrely important point that bears repeating.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ikon's post above linking the Dallas Morning News report on the story points to travel concerns in a pretty positive light. Saying, that He/She started showing symptoms a few Days after getting home. That is a pretty good sign that he wasn't able to infect others while traveling.

I'm still confused as to this Endovirus or whatever it is that is somehow only infecting children. The only reported cases are in children between 6 months to 16 years old?! Designer diseases?!

US Army testing Ebola exactly where the outbreak began sends up red flags for me. It would not surprise me to find out that we are dealing with a man made version of the virus, and if so who knows what the true capabilities of it are? It might be waiting for blonde hair and blue eye genes to go airborne... Who really knows what has gone on behind closed doors?! We live in a deranged sick world rules by the sickest of us all! Truly they are capable of anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Guess where I live? LOL. Fort Worth, just west of Dallas. This is a little too close to home for me!

No real updates yet, but IMHO it looks like a positive result is coming any minute. My opinion is they're waiting until 5 or 6 tonight when they have a CDC spokesperson & people are home from work/school to announce it. The fact that the CDC is sending a team, and our local media is already running "damage control/don't panic" type stories about how even if it is positive it isn't a huge deal, the area isn't at risk, etc., is pretty telling. There's even a headline on the Dallas News website: "Positive Ebola test would be no cause for panic." That's pretty damning, IMHO. The
local health department has started running down this guy's family, friends, and coworkers he may have had contact with. According to our local news, he was home for several days before he started showing symptoms.

Also, he would have gone through another airport... DFW doesn't have direct service from west Africa. I'm thinking probably Houston or Atlanta.

If you want the latest local updates you can try wfaa.com, star-telegram.com or dallasnews.com.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Although I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about flying into DFW, I also wouldn't put too much weight on what the Dallas Morning News says about symptoms not being present during travel. It's been my experience that news reports are often inaccurate on such details, especially in initial reporting when not a lot of details have been reported yet.

Maybe it will be a nice day for a drive.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have talked to a nurse in the hospital and they did prep for it but it has not been confirm

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: coolhanddan

Gotta love ATS! We already have (on page one) as close to a 1st person report as we could hope for! I look forward to updates from your nurse contact through you! Stars for you my friend! Keep us posted please!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Im in Roweltt I will take my children out of school if I even get the hint of a spread.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Denton here. I homeschool one and the other can stay home pretty easily too. Not jumping into that mode yet but even a hint of an outbreak, we are out! You'll see a little smoke outline where my Z28 was just parked!

Press conference with CDC coming soon. Just now heard on Fox they expect test results as early as 45 minutes from now. I'll post results as soon as I hear them.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No worries thanks for keeping us updated

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yea in the event of a true spread or disaster the family has plans Colorado here we come avoid the citys

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm in Dallas so this hits home for me. If he tests positive are the people here going to panic? You can bet it will be non-stop reporting here and stories will most likely be inaccurate in the rush to make the news.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I'm in Dallas so this hits home for me. If he tests positive are the people here going to panic? You can bet it will be non-stop reporting here and stories will most likely be inaccurate in the rush to make the news.

Im glad i live about 45 min away if it starts getting too thick im headed west towards the country where we have our land and plenty of resources and supplies ....get away from the nutters....

That being said I dont think its going to get that crazy....

I did however listen to a Coast to Coast am show the other day about Ebola and the implications of an outbreak here , was a lil unnerving......

Couple that with the fact the CDC says 1 mil could be infected by January.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join