It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a way to change my name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i picked this name quickly because i didnt really plan on posting much. i just liked to read but as you can see by post count that i am actively posting.

i would prefer a different name so if there is a way i can change it can someone please let me know?

maybe a certain person i have to contact

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nope. They don't allow username changes.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

the only way to change your username is to register again using a different email address.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If there was, you think I'd still be sporting this malady of a username?

I made the same mistake when registering.

Just roll with it and wear your hastily-chosen name with honor. It'll start to mean something

edit on 30-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You have to be MADE first....Head to NY and see my man PDiddy...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You can't change the name on an account. You can however, reregister under a different name. Notify staff via the Complaint/Suggestion function with the specifics about which account is which and we'll deactivate the old one.

This does mean you would be starting over at Square One with the new account.

[Edit to add] Okay sheesh. Already answered. There's always a rush to respond to the easy ones.

edit on 9/30/2014 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow..... CardiffGiant and Narcolepticbuddha. Two of my favorite usernames that I have encountered. I was thinking, "what creative and unusually thoughtful choices. Shows what I know....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Wow..... CardiffGiant and Narcolepticbuddha. Two of my favorite usernames that I have encountered. I was thinking, "what creative and unusually thoughtful choices. Shows what I know....

Well there you go, OP! That's 2 votes for "just stick with it."

edit on 30-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

You have to be MADE first....Head to NY and see my man PDiddy...

hahahahah....
thats when i first heard the name cardiff giant. i thought it was just something made up for the movie and i came across the article about the cardiff giant and i thought it was cool.

i just learned of something new last night that i think would make a killer user name so i have to think about this.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

That's what I was thinking, too. Those are awesome names.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think it's an excellent user name. Sure a lot more interesting than mine. Hope you decide to stay with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i guess i'll keep it.
i didnt know people really liked it...

the one i had in mind was cool too. ill just keep it on the back burner

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. You're probably tall and from Cardiff or probably not . I'm neither crazy or named Ed. As long as you put in interesting posts and not troll it matters not what you're called.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree with T. McGuire. Really. I'm kinda trippin' that I was thinkin' it, and there he had written it, but it's true.

That's a great screen-nic. What gives.

edit on 30-9-2014 by Bybyots because: Yeah, see? Cuervo agrees too.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

don't feel too bad, just look at my hastily chosen name.

besides yours is much better than mine. i'd keep it if i were you.

so, 1 more vote in favor.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- How many ways to address this issue.. Because it is Saturday almost everywhere this will reach, I'll start off with some Wm. 'Billy' Joel "Don't go changing to try and please Us, We will read You anyways.." (I am paraphrasing..)

And because the morrow would be Sunday, and 'many' will "go to Church™" (this will be covered at the end, have some 'Faith' I'll run some 'Jesus The Christ' at You now... "You are NOT Your Body" and because He also said 'You are The Church™" so You don't have to get up early tomorrow..

If You pick up a Westerly wind, best for fishing, it'll blow You Easterly, so I offer You a tad of The Tao... "There are far too many "names" already...

namaste

P.S. "It's not about the $$$" said EVERY high priced athlete who changes teams, so think about Your fans...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Don't worry about it. You're probably tall and from Cardiff or probably not . I'm neither crazy or named Ed. As long as you put in interesting posts and not troll it matters not what you're called.

And I'm not actually 'snarky' -- in fact I'm the total opposite!! LOL

Just a name that stuck with me as a kid by my older sister that looooved to pick on me and my brother
She called us names to upset us and that was one of them. HA

Figured I better have a tough name to survive on ATS

Good question tho as I myself have wondered about name changes too

top topics

join