It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Obama Has Missed over Half His Second-Term Daily Intel Briefings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: _Del_

brietbart is yellow journalism, it's like a political tabloid.

You mean like Raw Story and Huffington Post?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
For those who are bringing red herrings in to the thread because they just don't want to talk about the EPIC FAILURE of the current regime in Washington.

Ultimately, as ABC News reported, the White House did not directly dispute the GAI’s numbers but instead said Obama prefers to read his PDB on his iPad instead of receiving the all-important live, in-person briefings.

Last time I checked ABC News is not Breitbart.
edit on 30-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Any time a president is doing a bad job people will nit pick everything he does. That's why this is being reported. His approval rating is basically the same as bush jr. So everybody has eyes on him looking for anything to talk about.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If you think the president is the one in charge, you haven't been paying attention. The president is nothing more than a public face for the shadow government, designed to give legitimacy to the actions of the ruling elite.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, I believe Bush used to attend intelligence briefings 6 days a week, no exceptions.

During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB on just 536 occasions, or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became less frequent, falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, the president's predecessor, George W. Bush, almost never missed his daily intelligence briefing.

Source is op-ed

I was actually looking to see if this was just propaganda and mud being slung, but it turns out that Bush was very attentive to security.

Either way, it shows a reflection of the President's lack of support for our intelligence community and even his own administration.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Non story

thinkprogress.org...

This is how Clinton did it. Let's stick to real news, shall we?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Reagan missed 99% of his, and he won the cold war.

Bush went to all of his according to posts on here, and lost his war.

Perhaps Obama should go to less of them!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I honestly don't even know what to say. This is/has been a do nothing President that will use whatever excuse he can find to avoid responsibility. He has no plan, no idea what to do or how to even begin and to attend these briefings would expose his idiocy. He doesn't care what happens, as long as it puts more power in his hands.
Maybe he knows what the plan is and he's sticking to it no matter what the intel says? - what ever that plan is

edit on 90949Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Reagan missed 99% of his, and he won the cold war.

Bush went to all of his according to posts on here, and lost his war.

Perhaps Obama should go to less of them!!

WHAT ?

Bush didn't lose the war after all the current president just can't and don't want to call it one.

What is currently going on in the ME,

OBama owns.

Because playing Potus on tv is apparently more important than BEING potus.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I think this was reported a few years ago. Apparently some things don't change.
Wonder how this compares to other presidents?

Its normal. Some of them like Bush Jr went to more because he liked them, however most Presidents depend thier National Securiy advisor to filter through things for them. And anytime thier is anything of importance he will have a private briefing. The daily meetings in dozens of areas are staff briefings the Presidents attend on a rotating schedule. If a President went them every that would literally be all he did all day, sit in briefings.

This is one of those silly things that people like to bash every President with just like the vacation thing. For the President a day off on vacation is an and 8 hour work day. These guys literaly have evey second of the scheduled and if some crisis happens it throws schedules off by days. So for high level briefings the President is normally given a pre read or short brief so any questions he has can be answered by the time he has the official briefing so nothing is delayed. This however will not make a difference to the low IQ crowd who be will yelling about him being lazy or a muslim or a lizard person.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Umm... Really? You are keeping tabs on what meetings the president of the US is missing?

I think the President of the United States is pretty current on events of the world.... He surely doesn't need you keeping an eye on how many meetings he didn't attend...... Whether he takes appropriate action or not, is up for debate... But please....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Your comment just shows how desperate the "left wing" is when all you can do is make what Obama does OK by the old "well if Obama did it Bush was worse" satire.

Sad and pathetic defense my friend, sad and pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
To your second point, if the current POTUS was even half as dedicated to demonstrating he had a clue as his political opposition has been to showing he doesn't, everyone would no doubt be happier.

I genuinely don't believe that Obama could do anything to make his political opponents happy. He could resign and they'd complain that he didn't do it soon enough.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

THANKS, OBAMA!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

Umm... Really? You are keeping tabs on what meetings the president of the US is missing?

I think the President of the United States is pretty current on events of the world.... He surely doesn't need you keeping an eye on how many meetings he didn't attend...... Whether he takes appropriate action or not, is up for debate... But please....

No but others are.. How many times in the last few years have we been told..." The first I heard of this was on the news"! Maybe his reading comprehension is not up to the task if all he does is read his Ipad for the brief and gets his actual national security brief from MSM....

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Is it too much to assume that Obama and Clapper just aren't getting along?

US foreign policy and Obama do not seem to be seeing eye to eye and this report literally states that.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I had heard about this a couple of years ago regarding Obama and his lack of appearing at cabinet meetings via other sources

The downfall from not attending in person compared to info sent over his Blackberry or IPad is there is no personal one-on-one connection with his advisers
No way any body can see or rather 'feel' the seriousness of a situation other than being present, to be able to make eye contact and get a feel through the tone of a person's voice

Reading info on a phone/tablet loses that importance and is easier to blow off and consider it as nonsense or not worthy of attention

More than one of his own people has mentioned how Obama will not listen to their advice, and they did warned him back in 2012 about Syria & ISIS according to Leon Panetta

Instead of accepting responsibility of failing to listen to his people, he plays the blame game once again

Not meaning to be down on him, but Obama just doesn't seem to take National Security serious
Truly don't believe any Man/Woman should be in charge of a powerful country like ours knowing countries are gunnin' for us if they can't make tough decision calls

He comes across as a sympathizer to terrorists to many
He gives great speeches before his team ever launches a plan, so they have to play catch up with him
It's totally azz backwards how they do stuff which comes across as them looking unprepared and caught off guard

A lot of what goes on up there in the WH is Obama's fault...yes
He is the Capt. of the ship so to speak, but instead of going down with it and the crew he jumps ship like a chicken

That's a cowards way out, always looking for someone else to be the scapegoat, never admitting to making mistakes, which is only human

This has nothing to do with political parties but has to do with Obama personally, his own character and his lack of interest in the well being of our country

edit on 1-10-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join