It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ross Perot, Al Gore Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Wow. Ross Perot was on freaking point. I think he makes Ron Paul look like an amateur.

He crushes gore talking about issues we talk about till this day on ATS his knowledge is on point. Why don't debates happen like this anymore

Look how gore attacks perot's character rather then stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ross Perot is a great example of how we pick leaders based more on superficial qualities of appearance rather than real quality. His huge ears and funny voice killed any chance of his presidency. Those SNL skits were good though

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yeah I had voted for Perot back then.

Also NAFTA destroyed my job much later.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Perot made his bid when I was just getting old enough to start paying attention to stuff like this and only a few years away from being able to vote (if I would have been a democrat I could have already voted 10 times by then j/k).

He was a lot like Paul in that he said what he thought, he didn't pretty it up and he didn't much give a damn if you didn't like it. And like Paul.... He never had a chance. Because of the reasons I just listed and more.

There will never be a man like Perot, or Paul that will ever stand a chance in the current system the sheep keep supporting. Not ever. It will be snowing on the hill tops of hell before that will happen. Maybe not even then.

If I had one wish for current politics, it would be for all parties to be required to drop that R or D off the end of their names when running for office and maybe even while holding it. It's obvious that we as a society are never going to become smart enough to quit buying into the 2 party bullshiite, so maybe if it's dropped for them, they will be able to go along with it for some real change.

As long as everyone keeps for for a letter of the alphabet and not for the man/woman and the job they promise to do themselves, we are going to keep getting screwed.

I liked Perot. He was refreshing and I wish we saw more like him and Paul coming out of the woodwork. We need something different. Not just a different speech.
edit on 9/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You see how everything that gore says us complete propaganda and how bad the lies are?

My god what are we going to see about right now?

The only thing going on right now is war drums, how stupid is that going to look in 20 years?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sorry but Perot was a nutjob who claimed to withdrawal because they were going to smear his daughter before her wedding day???? He was only there to screw Bush.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Sorry but Perot was a nutjob who claimed to withdrawal because they were going to smear his daughter before her wedding day???? He was only there to screw Bush.

I agree, he started out ok and got really weird.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

If I had to guess?? Pretty damn stupid.

People can feel that are being manipulated even now, but they either don't care, or they are to scared to say anything about it in polite company. When everyone was against going to war in Syria... how many of us knew that something would happen in the not too distant future to rally the American people in the other direction??

And here we are.

I'd call it voodoo if I didn't know the average american's capacity to enjoy lapping up the lies and utter bullshiite that is constantly being shoveled down our throats. They don't need voodoo. They have a dumbed down population and that's even better.

The majority will rally for anything as long as someone is telling them that they should be offended by or pissed off for.
edit on 9/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Ross Perot is a great example of how we pick leaders based more on superficial qualities of appearance rather than real quality. His huge ears and funny voice killed any chance of his presidency. Those SNL skits were good though

Have you seen Obama's ears?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

They're in some proportion to his face. With his tiny head and huge ears Perot looks like Dumbo's father.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ken Burns, the director of the ABSOLUTELY Freaking amazing PBS documentary on Teddy, Franklin, and Eleanor Roosevelt, recently was on the daily show.

Jon Stewart asked him why we don't have great leaders anymore and he gave the most eloquent and true answer to the question I've ever heard. I don't even want to summarize it because I can't possibly do it justice. Go watch the interview I beg of you. Actually I'm gonna start a thread cause I think it's so interesting and telling.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Like the viewers know anything about economics.

Gore says trust me, Perot says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Public votes for pie in the sky, or the elections are rigged.

Will not end well.

edit on 30-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Perot had my vote

At the time though many were slamming him for being a 'Billionaire' and was considered an 'Elite'

So, umm, yeah.

Context

edit on 30-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join