It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS / IS / ISIL VAGISIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about Isis or whatever they are called by now......and, like me, I'm sure you want to kick some butt. (Maybe not, who knows?)

But, can someone tell me where they are getting their tanks and machines from???

Shouldn't we be targeting them??

FFS.
edit on 30-9-2014 by CaptainBeno because: Spell check

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

They confiscated them from the military bases they conquered, using smaller arms.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In short, they get their gear from the black market and seized military bases. A lot of their equipment is US made.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
LOL

Seriously though I thought they were called a french daeush or something now?
edit on 30-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Do you ever get that not so fresh feeling??

I'm starring and flagging simply because you have revived your old avatar and it reminded me of that night where that woman messed up that painting of Jesus and then... Fixed it.

I laughed so hard that night and am literally lol'ing again thinking about it.

And on topic??

It wouldn't surprise me to find out for a fact that the US has funded ISIS at one point or another. Maybe under that name, maybe under another... Who knows? It wouldn't be the first time the US has done something that shady and the sad thing is... It won't be the last.

We will never be told if we funded anything. So it will always be a he said she said sort of thing. I think most should be open to the idea and those who think it could never happen, need to be open to do a little more research and find out why people could possibly believe such a thing so easily. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility IMO.
edit on 9/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Seeing as we're in the Rant forum......just for you

........and me

I still think she just got it right

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

........and me

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! I Had candy in by mouth when I scrolled down to see this. Lmao... I don't even...

I think she got it just right too. There's a warmness in the eyes akin to Winnie the Pooh after he's found the honey pot or something. Maybe like an anime character??? Lol

I am going to have a poster made of this one day and hang it in my bathroom so I can't start every morning laughing until tears are coming out of my eyes. It's just too much. Tears...

If I was a mod, you'd have applause coming out of your rear right about now!
Which is why I can't be trusted lol.

Oh, goodness thank you for that. I needed it!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

........and me

The brush strokes are broad and sweeping that flow freely, the way the artist has feathered the textures clearly defines the look of horror on the congregations faces.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Looks like "I know who you are and I saw what you did", lol. It's a beaut allright.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Not to rain on your lol parade, but the U.S never funded ISIS directly. Wouldn't make much sense to bomb them now if you wanted them to beat Assad, would it?

A very basic rundown of how it happened:

-Extreme Islamic militants were operating in Iraq, against the U.S occupation after the invasion by Bush Jr.

-These militants changed allegiances and names like working class people change underwear over the years, generally going where the power and the money ebbed and flowed

-Once the U.S withdrew from Iraq, these elements were emboldened. Sectarian tensions flared up even more (between Shia and Sunni muslims) and some of these militants took up arms in Syria, once the situation there began to deteriorate

-These militants began to prosper and commit atrocities in Syria as Assad's grip on the country weakened, and the U.S began to pressure Assad

-The U.S clandestinely armed and trained various Syrian "moderate" rebel groups that were fighting against Assad, in the hopes the latter would be toppled. They were doing this in Jordan, and offering the Turks their unofficial support to do the same thing in Turkey.

-Elements within these "moderate" jihadist forces, bolted after receiving covert aid from U.S forces in Jordan and joined more radical groups like Al Nusra front and ISIS once the FSA began to crumble (as the latter was fighting a war on 3 fronts against ISIS, Al Nusra, and Assad).

-ISIS with it's new found power in Syria, and former connections in Iraq, began to expand, recruiting members internationally via international networks. This was done locally in fundamentalist mosques, as well as through social media operations. At this point, Al-Qaeda was still aligned with the start of the ISIS movement, but eventually disavowed them once it became clear ISIS intended to declare an Islamic Caliphate. The reason for this split is not because Al-Qaeda or Al Nusra find ISIS "too extreme" as reported by most western media outlets, but because there are complicated theological issues that were raised by such a declaration. They split over religious differences, and little else.

-The Iraqi government, seeing the coming storm, repeatedly requested U.S airstrikes to beat back the coming tide of ISIS fighters. The U.S stood by and did nothing. Obama later claimed that his condition for aid was a unified Iraqi government, but this is pure nonsense.

-ISIS, now having more money, fighters, and experience in Syria, expanded it's operations in Iraq, finding an Iraqi military completely ill equipped to meet it. In the process of storming much of North Western Iraq, ISIS fighters found U.S trained Iraqi soldiers fleeing like cowards, leaving entire bases full of American made military equipment to ISIS for the taking.

-Meeting no air power and now in possession of advanced american equipment, ISIS then reinforces their positions in Syria, all but wiping out the Free Syrian Army (some of whom continue to defect to ISIS, other members defecting to different extremist groups like the islamic front or Al Nusra)

-Enter the current cluster #.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Sure they weren't given it??

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

They're getting their arms from the "Black Market" but I doubt with the chin, profile of leading man Nick Cage. (Lord of War * * star rating.) The Toyotas appear to be a "fleet deal" and the business turd/ceo that purchased the gear, probably got a tax break on their purchase.

I concur that the changing of the name of the 'foe de jour' is quite tiring, maybe a "Play List" or some playing cards like they came out for DesertStorm, I still have a bunch of those...

namaste

• Please Note • This is just a guess on My part, the CEO may have also got a deal on the original pricing.

The 'foe de jour' may also be making the $$$ in the opium market. Look at opium production in Afghanistan prior to 2001 and what it is now. (If Your retirement portfolio had the same increase, You'd be driving a Bentley™)

Stargate in Iraq, Heroin in the Stan? The "war" that would never end...

Or the fighting is taking place on some old MGM™ movie lot...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Not to rain on your lol parade, but the U.S never funded ISIS directly. Wouldn't make much sense to bomb them now if you wanted them to beat Assad, would it?

YES, the US fundet both IS and Al Qaida ...

All you have to do, is look at the trail ... IS went to Iraq, got it's weapons and then went AWOL, and started to wage war on the Kurds, because they needed "land" to occupy. The US didn't bomb them directly, just enough to "hurdle" them like sheep back to Syria.

Unfortunately, for the US ... ISIS isn't capable of defeating Assad, so it's back to square 1. Just like Al Qaida, now they use them as a big bad wolf, that gives them the Excuse to bomb Assad and Syria. Because WITHOUT ISIS, they'd never be able to.

And has anyone solved to puzzle about weaponized uranium in Fallujah, that caused all the mutated children there? Did it come from George Bushes fart, or what?

And to go back on Topic, if you are TRULY SO UPSET ABOUT PEOPLE BEING BEHEADED ... then WHY THE # HAVEN*T YOU BOMBED SAUDI ARABIA YET?????

That alone tells you, it's a bunch of horse maneure.
edit on 30/9/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

YES, the US fundet both IS and Al Qaida ...

All you have to do, is look at the trail ... IS went to Iraq, got it's weapons and then went AWOL, and started to wage war on the Kurds, because they needed "land" to occupy. The US didn't bomb them directly, just enough to "hurdle" them like sheep back to Syria.

Unfortunately, for the US ... ISIS isn't capable of defeating Assad, so it's back to square 1. Just like Al Qaida, now they use them as a big bad wolf, that gives them the Excuse to bomb Assad and Syria. Because WITHOUT ISIS, they'd never be able to.

And has anyone solved to puzzle about weaponized uranium in Fallujah, that caused all the mutated children there? Did it come from George Bushes fart, or what?

And to go back on Topic, if you are TRULY SO UPSET ABOUT PEOPLE BEING BEHEADED ... then WHY THE # HAVEN*T YOU BOMBED SAUDI ARABIA YET?????

That alone tells you, it's a bunch of horse maneure.

Well, I'm sure glad we have you here to tell us all how it REALLY is, instead of what actually happened. Who needs things like verifiable facts anyways?

Btw, I agree with you on Saudi Arabia.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

........and me

The brush strokes are broad and sweeping that flow freely, the way the artist has feathered the textures clearly defines the look of horror on the congregations faces.

It looks like she's cut a potato in half and just gone all Picasso after some medication

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Oh... You could never rain on that lol parade. I assure you.

I actually did preface my whole post by saying I wouldn't be surprised. I never said anybody did anything. To do so would have meant that I would have to ASSume and we all know what happens when we do that. The simple fact is... I don't know. And nobody else knows for a fact either, unless they were directly involved and I highly doubt that they would be willing to admit that kind of information here. I'm really just repeating what my post above said right here.

You do make some good points and I hope someone who actually had their mind made up will take the time to read it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami
LOL

Seriously though I thought they were called a french daeush or something now?

Yep, the correct name for them now is:

The Islamic State of Daesh (means those who want the world to be Islamic, and are bigots who force their religion on others)

They got their military gear by stealing it and conquering areas and taking it. A lot is military stuff left by the US after being in the ME.

top topics

join