It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*SNIP* ISIS....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just have to hope ISIS doesn't feel a need to "one up" OBL if / when they do decide to act. My fear is in the slow decline of Americas economy, over time, may Muslim Americans may fall into discontent frames of mind. At that point they would be more likely to be eager recruits but really depends on the survival and size of ISIS over time.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Dude America is never going to be invaded by anyone. You're never gonna get to use your guns to fight a just war of self defense.

The single and only possibility of the average violence loving gun owner getting to fight a war in America is in the case of civil war. And even in that scenario you'd still never get a chance. You're rifle or shotgun you polish is meaningless against an APC or tank or drone or bomber.

Maybe you should stop worrying about ISIS and worry about America's brutality corrupt government and it's corporate owners.

Kinda sad you think of it that way. I actually think the number of people here that would stand up, should that scenario happen, would be massive. It would likely compose of most of the US military fighting back.

Not sure where everyone gets this massive conspiracy the all US military personnel are ready to kill US citizens...won't happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I have to disagree.

Yes it's dangerous but it's essentially a 3rd world country disease and bar a natural disaster where all modern medicine and hospitals ate gone, I don't see that changing for some time.

Anyway, this thread is about ISIS not ebola, so I shall bow out now
edit on 30-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

ISIS may try to do something in the US, but it would be highly regrettable for them.

I want to agree, but I just can't. Remember the DC sniper? Huge impact. And he barely killed anyone. You get 5 guys in state capitols or large cities that start shooting and even if they get stopped the first day people are going to freak out if it appears organized and a note gets left saying it's going to happen again soon.

I don't generally consider myself a candy ass, but if a bunch of people in my city got shot and I was under the impression it may happen again in a given time frame I would certainly hole up for a few days. Make the pizza delivery guy risk it (I'll tip 100%).

These people are smart enough to know that body counts don't matter. That's why they're terrorists. They terrorize people until they get what they want. If they want to screw with the US, locking down a few major cities (or even States) would put a big hurt on us, create dissent with foreign policy and damage $. We've all hear the (false) quote from Japanese general about a rifle behind every blade of grass. Yeah, no country could ever invade us, but smart terrorists could certainly hurt us. Look at 9/11. People stopped flying, airlines got screwed, which in turn had a domino effect on other industries getting screwed, we went to war, borrowed more money, wasted more money, etc.

I'm not worried about ISIS taking over the US. I'm worried about the bastards killing my countrymen, and seriously gumming up the works.

It's much more complicated than just "We won't allow you to take us over".

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Most people in the world have been cut at some point in their lives they can somewhat understand the agony of having their head cut off...there is an innate fear there.

Uhmmm VC I am on your side but seriously, WHAT?? people can somewhat understand what it is to be beheaded because they have been cut???????? WHAT???? Getting cut is a little less threatening then getting your head chopped off!!

Having been a survivor of a very violent crime that involved terrorism I will clarify..The innate fear comes from someone telling you in advance that they are going to kill you in so many hours or minutes..The majority of us do not know when our death will occur..We either die by accident or crime or illness...no one knows when that moment will be. However, how many people have the realization of knowing they will be killed in a matter of minutes or hours or days?? Not that many!! At the moment you become aware of your fate, your entire mind spins out of control...now you are faced with having to accept your own death! I cannot think of something that would instill more fear in any human on the planet!! So not the beheading as much as the capture and the torture of what is going to happen!!

And please give more thought to your logic above.....

Thanks,
Pax

edit on 9/30/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Uhmmm VC I am on your side but seriously, WHAT?? people can somewhat understand what it is to be beheaded because they have been cut???????? WHAT???? Getting cut is a little less threatening then getting your head chopped off!!

I don't think he was comparing the two lightly. Most of us have had a cut, and it hurts. He's saying a paper cut or an accident in the kitchen hurts, now multiply it by a million and you may understand the kind of pain these people go through. He was attempting to help the reader empathize or understand how painful it would be to have your head sawed off.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

This is just too funny a response. I see it on here and on other websites as well as everywhere in real life. Everyone thinks history is dumb, so no one knows their history.

Now if you remember there was this thing in the 1800's . I know that's a long time ago but bear with me. We had this thing called the american civil war. That war had the most american casualties of any war in history despite the lack of modern weaponry.

This war was characterized by the phrase "brother against brother". If a group of Americans is in open rebellion and the military is sent in most will follow orders. This was true even among families. If a family of white people was willing to kill each other over the issues involved it will take far less today.

The military nowadays is made up of by and large of the disenfranchised or those without any other viable options. The military trains them to think of each other as their true family. A soldiers loyalty is to his brothers in arms, his commanders and his nation. They say they serve the american people (much like the police) but thats mostly lip service.

On top of that the polarization of Americans on such a wide array of issues will make turning on its own people even easier. If open riots start it will most lively be in the major cities and especially in poor black/immigrant communities. Just look at the Rodney King riots to see how that usually goes.

More importantly though how do you think this would work out even in best case scenario? You think the soldiers would receive the orders to quell a rebellion by any means necessary and unilaterally refuse as a group to go. Let's just assume that they did exactly that. They all say " I will not kill american citizens" (ridiculous since cops justify it all the time and assuming the military is better is crazy since at least the cops live in the town and know the people as people), and they resign their posts. Ignoring that they would be court martialed for disobedience let's say they are allowed to just resign and go home. The military would just order the next group in and eventually get the troops they need.

History tells us that american soldiers would definitely kill Americans because it literally already happened. You're running on the same arrogant assumption I hear every day. People equate intelligence with wisdom and from personal experience one does not imply the other. People today think that because we have so much knowledge and technology we're smarter than our ancestors. We don't think the sun revolves around the earth and we don't sacrifice bulls to Poseidon for his weather cause that #s just retarded. But guess what. We still have tons of stupid beliefs in every corner of society.

We are smarter but we're no wiser. In fact we might be less wise since no one cares about history and so few people in the West experience anything outside their bubble. Peoples minds are closed because they armed their mind in arrogance. Just because we have Facebook and Iphones doesn't mean we're too smart to engage in a civil war or to go back to witch hunts and lynchings.

That stuff didn't happen because of lack of knowledge but lack of wisdom and wisdom in America is a very very uncommon commodity and getting scarcer by the day. Just look at any piece of american society and you can see this lack of wisdom. It's highly apparent on TV whether for entertainment or news. It's blatantly obvious in our government and in our economic system. It's almost the motto of our banks. You can see it in malls and grocery stores. If you think the US military is the secret repository of wisdom you are the least wise of all.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
imo the danger to the us from isil on home soil is an indirect one - a major terrorist attack or attacks, leading to increased internal security measures, leading to a bigger schism in us society

from what i can see us foreign policy seems to be have been based for a while now on political destabilisation and the encouragement of internal rebellion in other countries - i don't think the us's enemies would let any internal flames go un-fanned

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join