It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*SNIP* ISIS....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just posted on a thread about this.

I am over this ISIS crap being spewed like they could imaginably hit the US in some manner as to scare us all.

I am over ISIS being predominant in the news just because it's some horrific act in another country. Horrific acts happen EVERYDAY!

I, as a US citizen, am more than happy to attempt to understand a religion or belief or any other cultural influence you may bring to my country. I am more than willing to listen to your beliefs and give them a fair amount of research in order to understand.

I ask in return that you don't try to push YOUR influences and beliefs on me in MY country. I can tell you that I am one person you will never find at your door asking for anything but to come over to my house and have dinner...if you are my neighbor that is.

But ISIS is not my neighbor, and my neighbors do not consider ISIS to be neighbors either.

So please ISIS....try to wreak havoc and come to the US....i guarantee if you come near my "hood" you will not have ANYONE left to write about your ever being on US soil.
edit on 9/29/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ISIS was the straw that broke this camels back. So long as the US suffers psychological warfare by its own government without knowing any better, I will continue to lose faith in humanity.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I fell for the Al-Qeada nonsense, I'll be damned if I'm fooled again.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But didn't your neighbors in that big white house create these people? They're in your hood...What's to be done about that?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
ISIS was the straw that broke this camels back. So long as the US suffers psychological warfare by its own government without knowing any better, I will continue to lose faith in humanity.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I fell for the Al-Qeada nonsense, I'll be damned if I'm fooled again.

I don't think the US government had anything to do with it outside of selling them weapons a long time ago. I think these idiots actually believe they can go to war on a guerilla level in the US....and I can say, without a doubt, that it would be a VERY one sided battle.

The citizens of this great nation are armed. I am very proud to be one of those citizens...proud to be able to fight if I my country is under attack...proud to, honorably, defend my family if needed.

ISIS may try to do something in the US, but it would be highly regrettable for them.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

But didn't your neighbors in that big white house create these people? They're in your hood...What's to be done about that?

Nope...sold them the weapons...sure.....create....no.

And they are not in my "hood".

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Granted I expanded your hood to mean coast to coast, you know, the whole country and by created I meant creating the vacuum needed for such groups to fill by going into Iraq.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Would you mind a thought or two which aren't even half-baked? I mean I haven't examined them for flaws, their just to be used as a discussion starter.

I assume that you have no special expertise in guerrilla warfare (I guess they're calling it asymmetric warfare now.) Ass ume you have been given the job of killing thousands of Americans in locations sprinkled around the country. Could you do it?

Well, I assume you could bring many of your soldiers across the Southern border, especially if they don't look very old. There are other ways to get them in as well. I also assume that your backers will have given you some bribe and spending money, explosives, and maybe some nasty germs, which you are keeping safe with you.

From contacts within the Muslim community, you recruit some people who are more familiar with the US and research methods. With the small effort being put out by the administration on illegals at the moment, your team gathers, buys personal weapons and goes to communities with a sympathetic Muslim family or two to shield you.

Everybody loads up their weapons and explosives, goes to the nearest mall, major power sub-station, dam or reservoir, water treatment center, college football game, or whatever the targets happen to be, and it all goes up.

I think that ISIS could hit the US in some way that would scare us all. By the way, was the canister of "bugs" you were given labeled "Ebola?"

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Huh, i really don't understand why are you guys in USA so afraid. We in small country in Europe are not armed, maybe 1 or 2 people in whole town have a rifle for hunting. And we really dot care that some people on other part of the world lost their minds and are shooting them self's or doing whatever.

They want to scare you so you go die in some stupid war so some company can explore oil or whatever, but it is all about money and nothing else. Citizens are just puppets the dumb they are the bigger puppets they are.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
Huh, i really don't understand why are you guys in USA so afraid. We in small country in Europe are not armed, maybe 1 or 2 people in whole town have a rifle for hunting. And we really dot care that some people on other part of the world lost their minds and are shooting them self's or doing whatever.

They want to scare you so you go die in some stupid war so some company can explore oil or whatever, but it is all about money and nothing else. Citizens are just puppets the dumb they are the bigger puppets they are.

Then I guess we are afraid because we have more to lose.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I don't think the US government had anything to do with it outside of selling them weapons a long time ago. I think these idiots actually believe they can go to war on a guerilla level in the US....and I can say, without a doubt, that it would be a VERY one sided battle.

You'd have a higher chance of being attacked by your government that ISIS and that is statistical fact. Needn't look any further than Americas prison population. Besides we're already in Syria, I suspect we wouldn't see some attack on US soil until we need to invade a new country like, oh I don't know, Iran maybe or even Saudi Arabia (the real coveted prize). Only then will there be such a justification.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
But what if sleeper cells and deep cover agents use dirty bombs?

Not much anybody could do after the fact.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Would you mind a thought or two which aren't even half-baked? I mean I haven't examined them for flaws, their just to be used as a discussion starter.

I assume that you have no special expertise in guerrilla warfare (I guess they're calling it asymmetric warfare now.) Ass ume you have been given the job of killing thousands of Americans in locations sprinkled around the country. Could you do it?

Well, I assume you could bring many of your soldiers across the Southern border, especially if they don't look very old. There are other ways to get them in as well. I also assume that your backers will have given you some bribe and spending money, explosives, and maybe some nasty germs, which you are keeping safe with you.

From contacts within the Muslim community, you recruit some people who are more familiar with the US and research methods. With the small effort being put out by the administration on illegals at the moment, your team gathers, buys personal weapons and goes to communities with a sympathetic Muslim family or two to shield you.

Everybody loads up their weapons and explosives, goes to the nearest mall, major power sub-station, dam or reservoir, water treatment center, college football game, or whatever the targets happen to be, and it all goes up.

I think that ISIS could hit the US in some way that would scare us all. By the way, was the canister of "bugs" you were given labeled "Ebola?"

Ok...i wrote this in another post as well, but bombs are not what scares people....that happens so much it is even rarely reported on anymore.

What scares people is a beheading. Most people in the world have been cut at some point in their lives....they can somewhat understand the agony of having their head cut off...there is an innate fear there.

Bombings, unless directly involved as a victim, and shootings, for the same reason, are easy to disassociate from because it didn't happen near you and you don't know what it feels like personally.

Bombings will never make the US scared.....beheading will...that is what I believe to be the reason behind them...shock value and EVERY ONE can relate to the pain of being cut or accidentally cutting themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Get out of city centers. A "national emergency" has less effect in the middle of a forest. No free speech zones here.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Dear Vasa Croe,

Thank you. That was a response of above average quality. I wonder if beheadings could ever be seen as routine, or less horrific. I also wonder what effect attacks all over the country would have. They might convey the message that "You are not safe anywhere," or they might be seen as distant and abstract as you suggested. I suppose that would be largely decided by the press.

Anyway, again, very nice work.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Get out of city centers. A "national emergency" has less effect in the middle of a forest. No free speech zones here.

Nah...city center is where I want to be...i trust my neighbors. This isn't some zombie attack and ISIS can't invade in numbers here.

I am more than happy to stick to my city and go swimming at the neighborhood pool in the summer.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It's a funny one you know..

The MSM keep telling us how ISIS is a direct threat to the US and the West and the general consensus amongst ATS members is that it's just hyperbole.

But then we have the ebola outbreak in Africa, no where near as much attention given to it by the MSM and how it's apparently going to come and wipe America out, yet I've seen so many threads here with people freaking out about it..

Is it just because the MSM tells us something that make so many here automatic dismiss it?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Dude America is never going to be invaded by anyone. You're never gonna get to use your guns to fight a just war of self defense.

The single and only possibility of the average violence loving gun owner getting to fight a war in America is in the case of civil war. And even in that scenario you'd still never get a chance. You're rifle or shotgun you polish is meaningless against an APC or tank or drone or bomber.

Maybe you should stop worrying about ISIS and worry about America's brutality corrupt government and it's corporate owners.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

The beauty of it is...We just don't know unless we're at the party.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952

Dear Vasa Croe,

Thank you. That was a response of above average quality. I wonder if beheadings could ever be seen as routine, or less horrific. I also wonder what effect attacks all over the country would have. They might convey the message that "You are not safe anywhere," or they might be seen as distant and abstract as you suggested. I suppose that would be largely decided by the press.

Anyway, again, very nice work.

With respect,
Charles1952

Personally I don't think it could happen. Sure some radicals can plan beheadings all around the country, but you're looking at a VERY small number of actual killings. The immediate terror effect may be there if in your own town, but again, there is no widespread terror effect....it only deepens the emotion for those here that were not affected. It makes them want to be MORE prepared.

It essentially produces the opposite effect.

Sorry...in a philosophical mindset tonight.
edit on 9/29/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

It's a funny one you know..

The MSM keep telling us how ISIS is a direct threat to the US and the West and the general consensus amongst ATS members is that it's just hyperbole.

But then we have the ebola outbreak in Africa, no where near as much attention given to it by the MSM and how it's apparently going to come and wipe America out, yet I've seen so many threads here with people freaking out about it..

Is it just because the MSM tells us something that make so many here automatic dismiss it?

Actually I would say the ebola outbreak is MUCH more dangerous than ISIS. It is an unknown.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join