It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Netanyahu: Iran poses greater threat than Islamic State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday tried to shift the spotlight away from the Islamic State militant group and back to Iran, warning the United Nations that a nuclear-armed Tehran would pose a far greater threat than "militant Islamists on pickup trucks." Islamic State's seizure of large swaths of Syria and Iraq and its killings of civilians and soldiers have dominated discussions during five days of speeches at the United Nations General Assembly podium and on the sidelines. But Netanyahu described Iran, Islamic State and the militant group Hamas that controls the Gaza Strip as part of a single team, comparing them all to Germany's Nazis, who killed six million Jews in World War Two. "The Nazis believed in a master race, the militant Islamists believe in a master faith," Netanyahu said in his speech at the annual gathering of the 193-nation assembly in New York. "They just disagree who among them will be the master of the master faith."

Didn't take you very long did it Ben? So big bad Iran which is helping with the fight against ISIS something Israel isn't doing is just doing it so they can become a nuclear power. Ben has finally dropped off the deep end. This man just can't stand that Israel is not the center of attention. He should take a hint the world is opening it's eyes to the BS that he has been spouting about Iran and don't believe him anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe Ben just put the Hobbits ring on his finger...I can almost feel the eye turning.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
Maybe Ben just put the Hobbits ring on his finger...I can almost feel the eye turning.

But what does Sauron see?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

A big old fat Israeli pounding on his chest screaming for attention.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I am sure you realize that Israel is not allowed to help with the war against Isis becaus the U.S. would instantly lose their Muslem support .

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse

We could hope it gets stuck, but just the same getting hacked
up by ringwraiths swinging poison two-handers is too easy.

It's only my thing; but I'm certain the Knesset and Bibi for a
front man is a metric ton more dangerous than ISIS.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

A Master of Illusion, making mistakes.

Everybody, focus on his favourite scapegoat, Iran. They are dangerous. Nevermind the situation in Gaza.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I would love for you to explain the "situation in Gaza" for me .

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Good call Buster. F&S!
A prominent little thumbtack in my eye from that speech is
Bibi's dole out of "a master faith".
I think he may be inferring Talmudic Judaism is the biggie,
or the face behind the Zionism mask. He just won't spit it
out directly in public or he'd get Sharon'd.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

The one where Israel is trying to exterminate a race of people. That Gaza situation.

Life is just endless irony. Muslims are compared to Nazi's even though the Israelis are trying to do the same. Justification for genocide does not negate that it's genocide.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh god, he pulled the Nazi card. Totally expected though.

On the topic of Islamic militants, i think Netanyahu has inadvertently displayed poor understanding in his attempt at misleading. He states that IS, Hamas and Iran all share the same ideology in that they believe Islam to be the master faith, but that is a red herring. Hamas is a nationalistic organisation aimed at self-determination. IS is a self-proclaimed (and internationally unrecognised) state and organisation which is attempting to form a hard-lined caliphate. Iran is a legitimate state with legitimate rights, which may or may not be seeking to construct nuclear weapons.

I think the following quote, by Netanyahu, sums up his attempts at misleading quite well:

"It's one thing to confront militant Islamists on pickup trucks armed with Kalashnikov rifles, it's another thing to confront militant Islamists armed with weapons of mass destruction," Netanyahu said.

IS is much more powerful than what Netanyahu lets on. Hell, they're using tanks, mortars and humvees against the Kurds at Kobani...

Iran is not comparable to militant Islamists in that it is a legitimate and recognised state which may not even be aiming to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

edit on 29-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45.

Is that your opinion or do you have something to back those claims up ?

If I can share my opinion , the Gaza situation is far more involving then either of us could sum up into a few sentences here and there are errors being made on both sides of this issue .

I would even venture a guess that there are some on both sides that have no interest in any kind of peace and get power based on their hard line stance and a continuing conflict . To Blame any one side , as is being done in this thread , shows a lack of understanding of the situation .

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday tried to shift the spotlight away from the Islamic State militant group and back to Iran, warning the United Nations that a nuclear-armed Tehran would pose a far greater threat than "militant Islamists on pickup trucks." Islamic State's seizure of large swaths of Syria and Iraq and its killings of civilians and soldiers have dominated discussions during five days of speeches at the United Nations General Assembly podium and on the sidelines. But Netanyahu described Iran, Islamic State and the militant group Hamas that controls the Gaza Strip as part of a single team, comparing them all to Germany's Nazis, who killed six million Jews in World War Two. "The Nazis believed in a master race, the militant Islamists believe in a master faith," Netanyahu said in his speech at the annual gathering of the 193-nation assembly in New York. "They just disagree who among them will be the master of the master faith."

All of that makes sense and I agree with it.

So big bad Iran which is helping with the fight against ISIS something Israel isn't doing is just doing it so they can become a nuclear power.

And that makes sense.

Ben has finally dropped off the deep end.

No he hasn't.

He should take a hint the world is opening it's eyes to the BS that he has been spouting about Iran and don't believe him anymore.

About Iran wanting to become a nuclear power? Your strategic foresight and insight is not very far reaching is it? Its understandable that it isn't when I can see you always default to the, "America's foreign policy is always wrong" stance. You can't see beyond your preconceived falsehoods.

edit on 29-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Iran DOES pose a greater threat to our national security, especially if they get a nuke. That is why we are watching them closely and restricting them as much as possible. We are handling the threats how the situation calls for them to be handled. With ISIS, not much political considerations have to be made. With Iran, it is a different story. They have allies that ISIS doesn't. So, its not like the US considers them to be less of a threat. Its that the US can do less about them.

Netanyahu's statement corresponds to our national security considerations.
edit on 29-9-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
“Hypocrissist: A narcissist who has their head so far up their ass they can't hear the hypocrisy coming out of their mouth.” ― Joel McDonald

Israel’s Secret Nuclear Program

Nuclear Inspection of Israel by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Rejected

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Iran DOES pose a greater threat to our national security, especially if they get a nuke. That is why we are watching them closely and restricting them as much as possible. We are handling the threats how the situation calls for them to be handled. With ISIS, not much political considerations have to be made. With Iran, it is a different story. They have allies that ISIS doesn't. So, its not like the US considers them to be less of a threat. Its that the US can do less about them.

Netanyahu's statement corresponds to our national security considerations.

I don't believe anything that comes out of that Fascist's mouth. He's no better than Adolf Hitler.

If Iran get A Nuke then it might level the playing field a bit. What is wrong with Iran having WMD's when Israel has hundreds of WMD's?

And by the way, Israel's allies are the US, UK, EU States, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. And they have their minions the ISIS/ISIL busy over in Iraq and Syria chopping off the heads of kids!

Netanyahu's statement corresponds to our national security considerations? No Netanyahell's statement corresponds to the protection of Israel as it carries out acts of Terrorism!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hilux1996

I don't believe anything that comes out of that Fascist's mouth. He's no better than Adolf Hitler.

Its kind of ironic that you would say that.

If Iran get A Nuke then it might level the playing field a bit.

What is wrong with Iran having WMD's when Israel has hundreds of WMD's?

Man. What are you in third grade? Iran wants to destroy the US. Israel does not. Iran's government is ran by people who are willing to commit suicide for what they believe in. Unlike Russia, mutually assured destruction doesn't matter as much to them. Are you really in support of Iran having nukes? What are you ISIS?

And by the way, Israel's allies are the US, UK, EU States, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. And they have their minions the ISIS/ISIL busy over in Iraq and Syria chopping off the heads of kids!

ISIS and Israel don't work together. What are you talking about?

Netanyahu's statement corresponds to our national security considerations? No Netanyahell's statement corresponds to the protection of Israel as it carries out acts of Terrorism!

I don't see how defending itself from rockets is terrorism. His statements refers to our common enemy and our common interests. You really do not know what you are talking about here at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Israel has been up to it's neck in the situation in Syria from day one! After all, who benefits the most from the trouble there?

Israel has also been providing arms and assistance, intelligence and use of it's hospitals to treat the wounded rebels / ISIS for quite some time. They'll bleat about what a threat ISIS potentially is to poor ickle Israel, then shoot down a Syrian jet bombing those same evil Jihadis! Not to mention bombing Syrian targets it thinks might be a threat to their forces, despite the lack of any threats at all. Go figure!

Let's face it, US and UK foreign policy in the ME is dictated by Israel anyway. When they say jump, Obama and Cameron whimper and meekly ask how high. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, we in the west have done in the ME benefits the people of the west one little bit, so it's only natural to question why we are there, again and again, and who benefits from the destabilization, death and democracy through bombs and missiles?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't suppose the massive oil reserve discovered in northern Iran factor anywhere in this. Nor does the recent discovery of a huge oil reserve that lies outside the gaza strip. That god person gave the entire oil rich area to his chosen children to conquer and profit from while earth friendly free energy disagrees with that god person's agenda.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well if nutyahoo was spouting this bs about me and my country, then Id want a nuke especially after seeing how they murdered the palistinians a month ago and are still murdering people. What a sick scumbag he is the quicker he shuffles off to meet his maker the better for all concerned. Chosen people? more like the chosen turds of this planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join