It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS opens Consulate in Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It now seems even more obvious this anti ISIS situation is just a game or distraction. Nothing is what it seems in today's world.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PulpFact
a reply to: thesmokingman

Why would it be a grave mistake if obama decided to attack Turkey? I dont understand.

For one they are part of NATO. For two, Turkey is the 8th ranked military power in the world.
www.globalfirepower.com...
Also, Turkey is host roughly 60-80 US nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If you're going to discuss Turkey read up a little. They're in NATO mostly because Russia and Turkey are historical rivals much like India/Pakistan or Palestine/Israel except going back much further.

They also have had to deal with Kurdish seperatism both in non violent and terrorist fashions for most of modern history since turkey has a huge population of Kurds. The West is backing the Kurds against ISIS and people have been discussing the creation of Kurdistan.

On top of that Turkey is one of those nations that is caught between modernity and the past. Many Turks are Muslim but many are very modern/Western

Long story short Turkey is being put between a rock and a hard place on so many levels, to a degree with very little precedence in history. Please inform yourselves before you start spewing random uninformed rhetoric and opinions.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: thesmokingman WTH kind of circus reality have I fallen into.this is too crazy soon Isis will have an embassy in Britain

Im afraid they unfortunately already have a big white one...in Washington D.C.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex

A lot of "nay" saying in the above posts. But perhaps the West is using Turkey to open an official line of communication for the terrorists. In opening a consulate, having an official voice in the area of a relatively neutral country, perhaps they can make themselves approachable in a rational way. I suspect both sides at this point is seeing that they each face an impossible to win war. Not that there will be a truce or surrender, but a more quieting of the mayhem and murder.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: ATSAlex

A lot of "nay" saying in the above posts. But perhaps the West is using Turkey to open an official line of communication for the terrorists. In opening a consulate, having an official voice in the area of a relatively neutral country, perhaps they can make themselves approachable in a rational way. I suspect both sides at this point is seeing that they each face an impossible to win war. Not that there will be a truce or surrender, but a more quieting of the mayhem and murder.

I will have to say that I dont believe the US is using it as means of an open line of communication. The US does not negotiate with terrorist, or so they say. I think that IF, ISIS is/were/are real, they can be defeated, but the idea of them cannot. At least thats what they said about Bin Laden...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I was just reading about Turkeys involvement with Isis here today.

With this new information, it certainly makes one wonder.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

I was just reading about Turkeys involvement with Isis here today.

With this new information, it certainly makes one wonder.

Wow, I had heard about Israel aiding them, but not Turkey. I think this is just further proof that ISIS IS an invention of the CIA/Israel/SA to destabilize the middle east almost completely. Again, who knows anymore WTH is going on? The World is a stage after all...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Good to know they are on gmail! I highly doubt google would let them have/keep this address.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Have to wonder if Turkey is doing this to tick off the west for not getting the reassurances that Turkey would like over any future Kurdish nation when Isis is gone ?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: steaming

alternative-news-network.net...

I do remember seeing that clip somewhere a few weeks ago maybe last week. Its kinda like ISIS is being used a "gang" like group. Young, pissed of men joining for the "cause".

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
Have to wonder if Turkey is doing this to tick off the west for not getting the reassurances that Turkey would like over any future Kurdish nation when Isis is gone ?

Could be...I doubt it though. I mean, why would Turkey want to sign their own death certificate and drag themselves into the mud?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I suppose the next move is the get the top level domain .ISIS so they can look like a country.

At the point we can tune into turkey.consulate.state.isis and iraq.consulate.state.isis

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
N/M
edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Good to know they are on gmail! I highly doubt google would let them have/keep this address.

I found the gmail thing a little peculiar as well....

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I suppose the next move is the get the top level domain .ISIS so they can look like a country.

At the point we can tune into turkey.consulate.state.isis and iraq.consulate.state.isis

Hell, last week they were saying they had their own curriculum in schools...I would not doubt it.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Now they can request foreign aid from the US and probably get Congress to approve it, as long as the reps do the usual and not read what is being voted on.

Ironic, ISIS foreign aids passes because of the pork slapped on the bill. LOL.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Just getting to your post now and I tend to agree with you on the Kurdish issue . This , as many may remember from the 1st Golf war , Turkey is very very concerned with an independent Kurdistan and with the U.S directly arming the Kurds , this could have been the last straw for Turkey .

Perhaps this calls for some English Trukey online newspaper reading to see how they are spinning this ...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

From your source:

The website, which appears to be belong to the consulate, indicates that visa applications can be sent to [email protected] and the official address is stated in Çankaya district of Ankara.

Clearly stating their source for this information is "the website, which appears to be belong to the consulate,"

This is utter nonsense.

There is no RELIABLE source for this rumor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join