It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the ante-diluvian Sages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

In the interest of trying to understand were you're coming from with all this posturing and despite myself being a squirming ego driven cowardly custard that wouldn't know the truth if it fell through the roof, i summoned up just enough courage to look at your posting history and beheld the Grand Theory of The Nephilim Angels of Atlantis, featuring pyramids on Mars, pyramids of Atlantis off Cuba, Nephilim this and Rephaim that, human sacrifice, aliens, giants, the works.

Presuming then that is what you take as the best evidence for Ante-Diluvian happenings i can see were you might find me a little negligent, as i just think that's all hilarious noob fodder, but if that's your level you're welcome to it and hopefully one day you will stumble across an Alternative website that reveals the ultimate truth to blow your last remaining noodle.

You may have overlooked in all this that the Apkallu origins are extra-terrestrial and non-human, i haven't looked into the specifics of that here because i've done so extensively in other threads, this was only about the secret transition of knowledge through generations and providing the textual evidence for that.

a reply to: Cuervo

Speaking of later misappropriations the paper in the OP ,the Ante-Diluvian origins of Evil, drew my attention to a 10th CE Jewish Midrash on Istahar, i mean it's interesting what other later cultures made of things, even amusing in this case, but of course context is the key.

Rabbi Joseph was asked by his pupils, “What is Azazel?” He said: “When the generation of the deluge arose and served idols, the Holy One blessed be He, was grieved. Immediately two angels arose, Shemhazai and Azael … They said (to the Lord of the Universe): “Give us leave, let us dwell with the creatures and Thou wilt see how we shall sanctify Thy name.” He said “Descend and dwell with them.” At once they corrupted themselves with the daughters of man who were beautiful, and were unable to subdue their desire. Immediately Shemhazai saw one girl, whose name was Istahar. He set his eyes on her and said: “Grant my desire!” She replied: “I will not grant it until thou teach me the Shem Hammeforash, by means of which thou ascendest to heaven, at the moment thou pronouncest it.” He thought her that name, she pronounced it, ascended to heaven, without having sinned. The Holy One blessed be He, said: “Because she has kept herself far from sin, go ye and fix her among the seven stars in order that she may be mentioned among them for ever. and she was fixed in Pleiades.

Istahar ascending to Heaven

They did sometimes demonstrate a positive idealized notion of Istar as was the case with the Book of Esthar, adopting the role of Nanaya, the Earthly incarnation of Istar as the Queen, there's also a crazy Muslim take along similar lines;

It has been said that a woman came to them and seduced the messengers. They drank wine, killed living beings and worshipped creatures besides God; they taught the woman the Name by which they ascended to heaven. She ascended by means of it and was changed into a star, to wit, our Venus. It is added that the angels were given choice between punishment in this and the future world. They chose the former, hence they are suspended by the hair in a pit in the land of Babel. The magicians go out to find them and though them inform themselves of the art of magic

edit on Kam1031274vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join