It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I Have Learned Playing Horror Games

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: eriktheawful

RUN AWAY FROM THE SCARY MUSIC, NOT TOWARDS IT!

Best piece of horror survival advice ever lol

~Tenth

Actually, I go with: "Music rising in volume and intensity = BAD STUFF ABOUT TO HAPPEN!"

Hehehehe.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some of the most fun I ever had playing survival horror was RE: survivor. On the harder difficulties it can get intense.

All the RE games are pretty good, though not exactly "scary" they can be pretty unsettling. The newer ones are a little less intense, in my opinion, but are still good games.

But I have to say one of my favorite will always be Doom 3 (even though its more of a shooter), it can be pretty crazy, especially in Nightmare mode.

Or you could just dust off the SNES and rock some Clock Tower.

I'm old school.
edit on Cpm4Monday2420143830Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:24:38 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Some of the most fun I ever had playing survival horror was RE: survivor. On the harder difficulties it can get intense.

All the RE games are pretty good, though not exactly "scary" they can be pretty unsettling. The newer ones are a little less intense, in my opinion, but are still good games.

But I have to say one of my favorite will always be Doom 3 (even though its more of a shooter), it can be pretty crazy, especially in Nightmare mode.

Or you could just dust off the SNES and rock some Clock Tower.

I'm old school.

Funny thing about DOOM.....

Back in , oh, 1991 or so, I was playing it with headphones on, lights out because my kids were in bed.

Well, my wife had come home from college, but of course I didn't hear her. She walked in, came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder........

I ended up about 10 feet away, ready to kill whatever had just touched me, headphones dangling from my ears, and my old 386 computer had crashed to the floor.....

I think the creepiest game I had played back then was "The 7th Guest"

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Erik you still need to play F.E.A.R.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
WAY too funny!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

On my list! Got a long one, heh.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Oh yeah Fear is good, it was the only game that freaked me out and had me genuinely scared since system shock two.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Oh yeah Fear is good, it was the only game that freaked me out and had me genuinely scared since system shock two.

Only thing I'm worried about is: you can fight back. Games that I can fight back, aren't quite as scary. I thought Dead Space was going to be really scary, and Cry Of Fear, but once I was armed, the only scare I got was jump scares (someone busting out a door, etc).

I mean the games can still be creepy, but there's just something about being able to fight back in a game that reduces how scary it is for me.

That's like the first time I played Splinter Cell: it was all about stealth. Very rarely were you allowed to use your weapon. That made the game REALLY challenging for me, not being able to go in guns blazing.

I've got the game Thief on my wish list also. Not really scary, but since I like playing a thief in Skyrim I thought it would be cool to play it after watching the vids of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Oh yeah same too, lots of jump scares, cant WAIT to watch Erik play it, I might break it out and play it myself again lol

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Trust me Erik, this game WILL make you jump!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I didn't find F.E.A.R scary at all, for whatever reason. Slenderman however, I thought it looked stupid, and figured I would play through it like it was nothing. I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Did anyone play "Alice" ?

It was a super creepy messed up take on Alice in Wonderland, only with a very disturbing twisted plot line and very very weird 'levels'.

Not so much shock horror and more just twisted strange horror, it was an odd game thats probably very cheat now (i would check steam but i forgot my PW).

Maybe look at that if you like madness over pure horror.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Did anyone play "Alice" ?

It was a super creepy messed up take on Alice in Wonderland, only with a very disturbing twisted plot line and very very weird 'levels'.

Not so much shock horror and more just twisted strange horror, it was an odd game thats probably very cheat now (i would check steam but i forgot my PW).

Maybe look at that if you like madness over pure horror.

I bought it (during a steam sale lol) while back. Haven't had the time to install it yet and play through it as I've been busy with other things/games. Once I get some time though I plan to finish it from start to end.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh yeah same too, lots of jump scares, cant WAIT to watch Erik play it, I might break it out and play it myself again lol

It's 9.99 USD on Steam right now. I've added it to my wishlist.

Just have to come up with the extra 10 bucks is all.

Now, the good thing is my wife is also a gamer too. Not as much as me, but enough to where she plays stuff like Diablo 2 and 3, Oblivion, Skyrim, heck, she even liked playing Call Of Duty with us. So when I want to buy a game, she's a bit more understanding than a spouse that doesn't play, hehehehehe.

I've had a friend who is a fellow adult leader in our cub scout pack request that I do some Minecraft videos.

Yah, I can hear y'all groaning out there (Not another minecraft video!!). To me Minecraft has been done to death on YouTube, and there are many, many more experts at playing it than me.
But, the boys that know me want to see me play (most likely so they can point out all the things I'm doing wrong. Let's face it: 9, 10 and 11 year olds, Minecraft is SERIOUS business with them, hehehehehe).

So I most likely won't post those videos here (I want to give you guys a chuckle with something I post....not put you to sleep), but they'll be on my channel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join