It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things I Have Learned Playing Horror Games

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A short video showing some important things I have learned from playing Horror games:

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

WOW.

Things I've learned from this thread.....

A. Some people spend too much time playing horror video games.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

RUN AWAY FROM THE SCARY MUSIC, NOT TOWARDS IT!

Best piece of horror survival advice ever lol

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This actually looks like a fun game. Any idea which it is??

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Im confused as to why you've posted the same vid again after under a different title in less than a month?

You needing more attention about things that have nothing to do with real life applications?
edit on 29-9-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

lol that was good, thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed Outlast. I bought it for like $5 on a steam sale. Best 5 bucks I ever spent. Also, pay no attention to the trolls.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When ever you get a new weapon or a stash of ammo you about to be gang raped or face a level boss.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
is that the name of this, Outlast?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy

Yeah. good game. a bit short.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey

WOW.

Things I've learned from this thread.....

A. Some people spend too much time playing horror video games.

Yes, interactive decision based puzzle games are a waste of time..your meant to be sitting like a potato watching television like the rest of the retirees.
Who needs to enhance their senses while entertained..just sleep and submit to narrated video..

-smh-

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
When ever you get a new weapon or a stash of ammo you about to be gang raped or face a level boss.

No weapons in outlast..only a camera and quick thinking

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
To quote from the vid `No ! nonononononon No!No!No! no no no no no no no No! `
Priceless hehehe

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
I want to try this! Is it PC? If so is it free online or do I have to purchase it from a store?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX
I want to try this! Is it PC? If so is it free online or do I have to purchase it from a store?

PC, on steam, often find it on sale. try humble bundle now and then (their website).

google is your friend

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

One of the games in the video is outlast, the other is "Amnesia: The Dark Descent". I haven't played Amnesia yet but I hear it's great.

Both games you have to pay for but they are rather inexpensive. $20 each on steam. I picked up Outlast for $5 during a steam sale.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

Im confused as to why you've posted the same vid again after under a different title in less than a month?

You needing more attention about things that have nothing to do with real life applications?

Not sure what you are talking about. I JUST uploaded this video a few hours ago.

Care to link the video you are taking about? Then we can compare.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hey have you played dead space??? The best game series in it's genre in my opinion! If you havn't played it I suggest picking it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There are clips from Outlast, and a custom story for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The custom story is called Obscurity.

Outlast isn't free, nor is there a free demo I'm afraid. But you can get it from Steam for 19.99 USD, but they do have sales sometimes. I picked it up for only 6.79 during one of their Mid-Week Madness sales.

Amnesia is also one that you have to pay to get it. However, there are a TON of custom stories out there for it, which are free, and are like having free DLCs for a game that you paid for. Some of them are quite good and you almost think it was done by professional game makers.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Hey have you played dead space??? The best game series in it's genre in my opinion! If you havn't played it I suggest picking it up.

Got it for free when I bought Mass Effect 3.

I've played it all the way through. Wasn't that scary to me, mainly because you're armed and can take out the baddies.

When ever I play a "scary" game in which I'm armed, it's just not as scary for me as the ones where you have to run and hide.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I know what you mean and it is funny because the scariest part of the series to me was the beginning of dead space 2 when you are running around in a straight jacket!

new topics

<<   2 >>

join