It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior modification and social engineering through viral infection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Rabies suggests the possibility of the engineering of a virus or genetic condition that could modify the behavior profile of the infected person. Why is rabies 100% lethal in humans if left untreated? In no other mammal is it 100% lethal. Is the progression of the disease so painful and dehumanizing that doctors routinely euthanize patients who undergo the end stages of the illness? Could there be people walking among us who have survived chronic rabies infections? What might these individuals look like?

As an instrument for behavior modification, it seems to be a very effective infection. Could other viruses be engineered to cause behavior modification and social engineering on a massive scale? Could humanity be transformed overnight into a new species following radically different cultural patterns due to the introduction of an infection such as this? Could such a condition ever be cured? Do all rabies sufferers succumb in the end to the madness induced by the virus or have there been some who could resist the temptation to descend into madness?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I believe some good examples of what you're talking about would be "World War Z", "I am Legend with Will Smith" and "28 days/weeks Later".

They could be working on the Zombie Apocalypse right now. Or may already have it ready to go, who knows. They sure do love the idea in Hollywood though.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Really, zombies, vampires and lycanthropes all suggest a similar type of transformative virus, but these are all nefarious versions. What if such a virus were benevolent, or benign, merely inducing in people the ability to produce Vitamin C or process Uric Acid? What if a virus could be designed to cure autism or to reduce violent behavior on a massive scale? Hell, there could be a unity virus which increases empathy and leads the world into a huge singalong of Kumbaya.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Really, zombies, vampires and lycanthropes all suggest a similar type of transformative virus, but these are all nefarious versions. What if such a virus were benevolent, or benign, merely inducing in people the ability to produce Vitamin C or process Uric Acid? What if a virus could be designed to cure autism or to reduce violent behavior on a massive scale? Hell, there could be a unity virus which increases empathy and leads the world into a huge singalong of Kumbaya.

That is very true and a much better and more positive way to think about it too. Although maybe not as exciting as the alternative, but certainly a better way to spend time thinking about it.

Aren't they already doing that in DNA research or something?? I'm pretty sure they are using the mechanics of a virus to artificially alter DNA coding or something like that as a medial technique. Or to fight cancer or something, I don't remember exactly. Basically they are using the features of how a Virus replicates and transmits itself but without the bad stuff included. Like a Computer Virus rewritten to spread and infect as best it can but with a payload that fixes things rather than damages them.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Virus-like particles and replicons can be used for gene delivery for therapy for illnesses like cystic fibrosis. In tissue culture, they've used gene delivery to perform targeted deletions and insertions into the main copy of the chromosome itself, although I don't know if they've managed this in a gamete line yet. Such a development would enable the repair of heritable genetic illnesses so that things such as huntingtons, ALS, tay-sachs and SrY gene deletions could be repaired within that single parental generation.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

It's a cool idea. I imagine a world where rather than contracting some illness you'd actually "get sick" with something that makes you more healthy. We could have health inducing Viruses just floating around making people more healthy. People could even infect each other with beneficial STD's or something. Wouldn't that be great!!!

The whole Free Love movement would be back in full swing but with positive results this time.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

My mind has yet to comprehend how, but there might be a solution down the road to things along those lines. They've had luck releasing genetically modified mosquitoes into the wild to breed with the natural population in order to undermine their ability to transmit disease. Maybe there might be some way to immunize people against viruses such as HIV by infecting them with counterfeit versions of the virus. While we are getting them "sick" anyway, we might as well deliver some kind of consecrating agent.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think it is possible that the government has created viruses they could use against us to make us into playdough. I am pretty sure they could have tested them on select groups of people too without their knowledge.

They probably wouldn't work as expected though, there are too many unknowns. That wouldn't stop them from trying though. So what would they call this failed virus? A new form of the flu or some mutated virus I suppose.

Don't worry they won't let us suffer without healthcare, they will make us buy it.

new topics

top topics

join