It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Reasons to Prosecute Bush & Cheney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

So, because Bush and Cheney are no longer in office...

We should forget the whole thing?

Wow...

Just...

Wow...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So one of the reasons to prosecute bush is the patriot act? The same patriot act that our current president signed in 2011? The same patriot act that would have expired in 2011 unless our current president renewed the bill?
I guess we will be locking Obama up to...

A renewal that both the house and senate approved by the way..

Yes, please!

Along with every member of Congress who voted for the Patriot Act.

Is it ok if we start with Bush and Cheney?

(Emphasis added)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Again I didn't say that. but I will explain since you are apparently aghast. There has been 5 years to bring these to "crimes" fruition and nothing so it seems like more of a bark and no bite. Currently however we have plenty of evidence that an AG has perjured himself twice. A sitting president has ignored the War Powers Act. The IRS has been used to punish political enemies. not to mention Benghazi.

Wow...

Just...

Wow.. indeed.
edit on 9/29/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"you're racist"

"it's Bush's fault"

"Bush and Cheney are war criminals"

"these are not the droids you're looking for"

You cannot compare the crimes of the current administration against the last administration because.... ummm.... because... Hope and Change!!!!

I often wonder if the American people will ever look at our politicians without blinders and see just what kind of cesspit we have created for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introV

WE GET IT, BUSH IS HORRIBLE. Can we move on to fixing things now?

Exactly ... Obama is doing the same thing, right now. The Obama administration, created ISIS, for the purpose of being able to attack Syria.

People are being beheaded, and murdered, so that the US can get it's will done.

We need to get down to things, that are happening.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Many who first supported Obama expected him to pursue the criminal conduct of the Bush/Cheney administration, but that didn't happen.

So I agree the people need to force this issue and I'm also not against going after the current administration for some of the same criminality they continued after the Bush administration.

I also support a independent investigation of 9/11.

Almost all the things people wanna go after Obama for is because of the things Bush was allowed to get away with. While were at it both political parties should be under investigation for supporting anti constitutional legislation and lets throw the supreme court in this as well.

Well see how quick GWB heads to his Paraguay ranch!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I’m not gonna get into a pissing contest here over one administration vs another. Personally, I’m an Independent voter. I have gripes with both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party. I must admit, though, the problems I have with the Republican Party far, far outweigh the rest. The topic here is the Bush/Cheney administration and the criminal damage done to this country in the years just following 9/11. And no doubt about it, it was extensive, irreversible in many cases, and has left this nation forever scarred. It will literally take generations for this country to significantly recover from the damage done by Bush, Cheney and Co.

When Bush took office this country was in decent shape. Employment was strong, we weren’t fighting any wars, and Dubya was quite fortunate to be inheriting a budget surplus. Then, of course, 9/11 happened and the SHTF. Bush informed the world, “your either with us or against us”. We unsuccessfully chased Osama bin Laden through Afghanistan, bombing the hell out of the place along the way, never completing our “mission”. But, I guess we found it comfy there, cause we decided to stay indefinately and spend a couple trillion bucks to boot. At one point during a televised statement, when asked about the progress being made on the search for Osama bin Laden, Bush actually said that he didn’t give it much thought anymore. He said it wasn’t a top priority of his any longer, that bin Laden was just one man. GO FIGURE!

Now that the focus was no longer on bin Laden, Bush/Cheney decided to turn it on the evil empire of Saddam Hussein and Iraq. And Man, did the BS fly! These guys were coming on national television, staring straight into the camera and telling the American people a viscious pack of lies about Hussein and Iraq. And even worse, our “leaders” were knowingly terrorizing the American people in order to manipulate them into supporting their agenda. It was so clearly obvious to many of us at the time, and yet 90% of the public went along with it out of fear we were under the threat of an immanent nuclear strike.

And what was the justification for the Bush/Cheney Iraq agenda? To take over Iraq’s oil production capabilities, which in turn would cover the cost of our invasion? That didn’t workout very well. Because Saddam Hussein was linked to Al Qaeda? That was proven wrong. Hussein considered them a threat to his own power and hated them. To rid Iraq of their WMD’s? What WMD’s? Because of Iraqi involvement in the 9/11 attack? No evidence was ever found of that. To finish the job Dubya’s daddy left undone? Maybe. Because Saddam Hussein was a bad guy and killed a lot of his own people? Perhaps. But then, I don’t think he killed more of his own people than Dubya & Company did. Seems like a toss-up to me.

As bad a guy as Saddam Hussein was, he was no fan of Al Qaeda, or Osama bin Laden, or terrorists in general. He considered them a threat to his own power and didn’t support them. He ruled his nation with an iron fist, but at least it kept the nation from falling into chaos and anarchy, and there was no threat of Islamic terrorists taking it over (as there is today).

Basically, our occupation of Iraq has resulted in the following:

Dick Cheney and Halliburton got a lot richer,
American body count: approx 4,400+ dead, 30,000+ wounded,
Cost in dollars to America: Approx. 2 trillion,
Iraqi body count: varies from 500,000-1,000,000+ dead (per scientific surveys),
Iraqi social structure decimated,
Iraq is now a haven for terrorist organizations and activity.

For more detailed results, checkout Casualties of the Iraq War

You can also read more about Hussein and his relationship with Al Qaeda HERE.

Bottom line is, we not only destroyed Iraq, but also did great damage to our own economy and status in the world, and IMHO our intentions going in were far from noble. To my knowledge, the only ones to benefit from that horrific debacle were George Dubya, Dick Cheney and friends (co-conspirators). We basically destroyed that country and handed it over to Al Qaeda and ISIL on a silver platter. Is it any wonder we’ve lost respect and stature around the world?

If we had any sense at all, when we pulled Saddam Hussein out of that hole in the ground in Iraq we would have brushed him off, apologized for killing his kids and handed him back his country. I firmly believe that had we kept our noses out of his business back in 2003, we would not be facing ISIL today. It ticks me off that Cheney has the nerve to come on TV these days and take shots at Obama for mishandling the situation in the middle east. The guy takes no responsibility at all for the mayhem and destruction he caused. He’s a flatout sociopath with blood on his hands. I think prosecution for war crimes, crimes against humanity and treason would not be out of order. I don’t know how any American today can seriously justify and support the actions of Bush and Cheney in light of what they did to this country, not to speak of Iraq. It was shameful, and I just don’t get it...

edit on 9/29/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
Bush's last day 1/21/09

Jesse you are looking impotent, complicit or both toward the current state of affairs.

Yeah, you are clearly not saying that Bush's crimes are no longer relevant because he is no longer in office...

*end sarcasm*

LOL

By all means, though... keep digging that hole.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Actually the criminals behind 9/11 need to be dealt with...

NOW...

...Obama can be dealt with as well.

You do realize that there can be more than one investigation, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

That was not what I was implying and I explained it. I am saying it is old and limp. How's this... RE: Bush Cheney....smoke 'em if you got 'em. Is that clear enough? I am for prosecuting them if anyone can but I think it's just a soundbite at this point.

no sarc there. is that still digging to you?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
a reply to: bjarneorn

Actually the criminals behind 9/11 need to be dealt with...

NOW...
Okay. Which of Clinton's friends should we start with?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wonder why 1 million Americans do not put up $ 1 each to take out Bush etc , plenty of hitmen out there looking for work make the suckers scared to go out

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: abecedarian

WHOEVER is GUILTY!!!

Right?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

More like back-peddling at this point.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Dont forget tony blair who outright lied to the British public about WMD's being ready to launch at the UK in 45 minutes.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

More like back-peddling at this point.

good lord whatever makes you feel right. apparently clarification is "back-peddling" when you failed to pin your accusations on someone. you're ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: abecedarian

WHOEVER is GUILTY!!!

Right?

Yep. Just bring on the evidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Right On on that!!! If you're going to wipe out an infestation you have to go for them all. Repukelican or Dumocrat and especially The Bureaucrats and Contractors as well, just One Big Flush of The Bowl with A Bucket of Hot Bleach Water behind it. Good Post A Star for you L) Peace Arjunanda. a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
a reply to: buster2010

I didn't say any of that skippy.....

No you just implied by pointing out that Bush was no longer in office "skippy".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join