It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic gun advocacy comments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The conundrum is that both sides need to respect the other. People need to respect gun owners'/carriers' rights and legalities when it comes to carrying a weapon in public (which means drop the ignorance and know the laws), and the owners/carriers need to respect the fact that not everyone feels safe when they do that--regardless of intentions--and that sometimes it's better to conceal than reveal

Best Regards.

That's all well and good but what abut those that believe it's not right to require a permission slip form their overseers to exorcise their rights?

Nothing short of Constitutional carry should be the law of the land. Then people could conceal without restrictions form government. A look at the states that do not require a permit to carry and the answer is clear.

I as a gun owner am do not like the idea of carrying around an AR in public. Mainly because the scare factor is outweighed by tactical advantage. It's just too time consuming to recover the rifle strapped to ones back. So it is more about disrupting the public in my opinion. Should it be illegal? No, because limits on rights are saying they are not rights..They are privileges. I need to take a series of tests to drive a car. Because it is not a right, it's a privilege. The 2A is not supposed to be a privilege.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumJunkie

That's all well and good but what abut those that believe it's not right to require a permission slip form their overseers to exorcise their rights?

Don't know...I'm one of those people. I've already petitioned my Congressman (the wonderful Thomas Massie) concerning my inability to even keep my weapon in my car at work simply becuase I work on federal property...let alone carry it into work...let alone do that concealed.

Still no response, and it's about time I renew my request.

Nothing short of Constitutional carry should be the law of the land. Then people could conceal without restrictions form government. A look at the states that do not require a permit to carry and the answer is clear.

Agreed.

I as a gun owner am do not like the idea of carrying around an AR in public. Mainly because the scare factor is outweighed by tactical advantage. It's just too time consuming to recover the rifle strapped to ones back. So it is more about disrupting the public in my opinion. Should it be illegal? No, because limits on rights are saying they are not rights..They are privileges. I need to take a series of tests to drive a car. Because it is not a right, it's a privilege. The 2A is not supposed to be a privilege.

Agreed here, too.

I never said anything about privileges, I just said that there needs to be mutual respect. I agree with your tactical disadvantage of carrying an AR on your back--not to mention it advertises that you should be the first one shot in a violent scenario. But the public disruption is why I say there should be mutual respect, but there doesn't have to be. I have it--some don't.

Meh.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Who on earth said that I would leave them around for my kids to play with????

You see, YOU are the one stating that if they aren't locked up in a safe, then they are lying around for my kids to play with...

Don't put words in my mouth...

Also, it's much safer to teach children responsible gun handling and safety than to rely on ANY place, even inside a safe, keeping the kids away from guns.

What happens when you let kids go over to friend's houses and there may be guns within reach there?

JAden

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join