It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic gun advocacy comments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ill say this quickly and then run for cover.

Id say the reason that so many negative comments came in from pro gunners is due to the fact that most of them dont seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together.
You say anything even remotely anti gun or just talk about licencing or regulation and they start frothing at the mouth.

To have a gun for hunting or even for safety somewhere in your home is one thing but to carry a massive tool whos sole purpose is to kill around in broad daylight, well Id say those who think its acceptable are probably massive tools themselves.

*Runs way looking over shoulder*

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
The segment to me, was exposing exactly what you said, and wondering why these people were at the fore front of the open carry activism movement when they don't actually represent the majority of you.

~Tenth

Out of curiosity, what action and by whom do you think should be taken here? I agree that they two examples were folks looking for trouble, (much like the ass hats who challenge any law enforcement stop with the "are you detaining me? BS)
but aside from commenting on anonymous forums, I'd say most gun advocates are silent except for at the polls. (I may be way off there)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So you think gun ownership is inversely proportional to grey matter?
And you wonder why folks pick on liberals.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, I'm Canadian.

So, we have strict gun control and I'm pretty happy about that. You can own hunting rifles and other kinds of firearms, but a lot of things are restricted and require registration and licensing.

Gun crime is relatively low here, but I'm not super knowledgeable about the issue, so I don't know if that correlates or not.

Probably doesn't stop criminals from getting guns, since they don't get them legally anyway, but whatever is causing me to not worry about getting shot everyday I'm all for.

IMO, what's needed is a dedicated push by moderates to become the voice of reason. It's like any other group, be it religious or social movement, you have to have your base in charge and your extremists towing the line.

Sure let them yell and scream, but dear lord don't pay them any real attention to them. If they understood the importance of the movement, they would not push to have guns in the most ridiculous of places, like bars.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you think gun ownership is inversely proportional to grey matter?
And you wonder why folks pick on liberals.

Not at all

I think the less grey matter you have the more stupid and irrational reasons you will come up with for owning guns and then once you have them the more reasons you will find to touch them and show them off.
Take the 2 Morons linked in the OP for example, I doubt very much that either of them are terribly bright

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ya but mine was in a response to the type of comment that this thread was about.
Well I went back, and I guess it is just the same people making the same claim over again, so I guess I was a wrong

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Take the 2 Morons linked in the OP for example, I doubt very much that either of them are terribly bright

One was "bright" enough to be a medical doctor, that takes a few brain cells.

I think the issue is more common sense and responsibility.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Id say the reason that so many negative comments came in from pro gunners is due to the fact that most of them dont seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together.

Is that it? Only dummies have guns?

I think the point is only dummies act irresponsibly with their firearms.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

but whatever is causing me to not worry about getting shot everyday I'm all for.

I Like that.

I will say this and it will not be very popular with my group (the gun owners), if you say anything that goes against the NRA program, you will be chastised. I believe they do a lot for gun ownership and overall, are a good thing. But when you say something like "legal owners should have no problem with a little longer waiting period for more intense background checks" or anything of the sort, you will be treated like an anti-gunner. So there is a big problem that stays in the shadows due to......wait for it.....knee jerk reactions. Again, IMHO.

The gun owners I know are the type that I trust to be responsible. If they weren't, I sure wouldn't want to be near them when they were packing.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Id say the reason that so many negative comments came in from pro gunners is due to the fact that most of them dont seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together.*

My husband has two masters degrees .. one in engineering and one in business. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. We are gun owners. My brother and his wife both have college degrees, one degree for being an art teacher and one is degree in computer science. They are gun owners. My neighbors are both college educated, one with a degree in business and one is a school teacher. They are gun owners. etc etc.

on that broad brush comment.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Honestly, when I read saw the part of the title that said "open carry nuts" I was expecting to maybe see some anti-gun BS.

But after watching the episode, I actually agree. It's those kind of people that are going to end up screwing things up for the rest of us. Sure, you can carry an AR or AK around, but does that mean you should?

Some knuckle head is going to do something stupid and that will be beginning of more anti-gun laws. I don't think pro gun rights activists or groups should support those carrying around rifles all the time for no reason, there's nothing to gain from it and allot to lose.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just to clarify

I said MOST not ALL gun owners. Giving me examples of a few gun owners with degrees or respectable jobs doesnt mean a thing.

I know plenty of stupid people who did well academically as well as some damn near geniuses who failed miserably at school.

Id almost say doing well academically is a sign of a good memory not intelligence but then I guess it comes down to your personal interpretation of "intelligence"

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I said MOST not ALL gun owners.

I would say considering the statistics of firearms ownership by volume versus crimes committed by legally obtained firearms disproves your juvenile and overly-general premise.

Most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens.

edit on 29-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his mug got filled with chemtrail residue

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If "most" of the gun owners you know are stupid, you may want to elevate your social environment.

ETA:
Or, as the late Tim Wilson said, "you been married nine times? Hell, maybe it's you"
edit on 29-9-2014 by network dude because: added thought.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I said MOST not ALL gun owners.

I would say considering the statistics of firearms ownership by volume versus crimes committed by legally obtained firearms disproves your juvenile and overly-general premise.

Most firearms owners are law-abiding citizens.

I would say that considering within 2 minutes of my post 3 people jumped on to say how they know gun owners who are clever while either ignoring or not noticing I said MOST and not ALL somewhat reinforces my premise.

Im very anti gun and my presence on this thread (like many other gun based threads Ive participated in) will most likely derail it and get me or someone else post banned for being rude.

Ill chime out now, no offence was intended to any of the responsible gun owners who frequent this site

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I would say that considering within 2 minutes of my post 3 people jumped on to say how they know gun owners who are clever while either ignoring or not noticing I said MOST and not ALL somewhat reinforces my premise.

And the point I made is that your 'most' comment is so far off the mark based on crime statistics that the only place it would appear valid is in your mind.

Ill chime out now, no offence was intended to any of the responsible gun owners who frequent this site

You claim that you do not want to offend anyone but by stating that 'most' firearms owners 'dont seem to have 2 brain cells to rub together' lumps most of us (by your very definition) into that category so I am not buying your lame mea culpa.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think it's all a symptom of the divisiveness that is part of our country today. I constantly feel pushed to take a stand, pick a side, declare my position, and therefore my "enemy's" position. There seems to be exactly TWO sides to every issue and if you don't belong to one, it's assumed you belong to the other or "enemy" side. The sports team mentality. And I pride myself on my fence-sitting abilities...

When the two open carry advocates were called "nutters" or whatever they were called, the VAST majority of gun owners, who have taken the position of pro gun, were offended, because "one of theirs" was being called a nutter. They took it personally. It's what people do today. You insult a single member of a group for being an idiot, and all the members of that group take up verbal arms because "one of theirs" has been insulted, and it's the same as insulting them, in their eyes.

I loved that NLBS segment and agreed completely. Those nut-balls who are carrying their AR-15s to political rallies and such are doing a disservice to their cause. They're simply stupid and there's not much else to say.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
to: IkNOwSTuff

Of course you have the right to your opinion, but you don't seem to understand that in many states ( U.S.) the right to carry openly is in fact legal. The dilemma here is,that Americans have been subjected to a variety of methods to make them feel uneasy about even seeing a firearm not in the hands of the military or police. O f course they smile gleefully when pulled over by police at a warrantless DUI check point , where heavily armed police demand their papers and maybe even a blood sample ! I think people need to regain confidence and find the courage to protect themselves with firearms when necessary. If that includes legal concealed or open carry , just get used to it.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

If "most" of the gun owners you know are stupid, you may want to elevate your social environment.

ETA:
Or, as the late Tim Wilson said, "you been married nine times? Hell, maybe it's you"

Im very pleased to say I only know 1 current gun owner, my uncle who has a farm owns a crappy old rifle for pest shooting and he has never even taken the gun out of the cupboard its kept in.

I appreciate its different in America but for the rest of the civilised world wanting to own a gun is pretty much seen as a sign of sickness.
Guns are now an integral part of American society and even identity, Im aware of this and am not trying to change it so you can all calm down

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I appreciate its different in America but for the rest of the civilised world wanting to own a gun is pretty much seen as a sign of sickness.

When I was in Norway the large majority of people I met hunted and therefore owned firearms.

I guess they are a bunch of sickos for wanting to do so.

You do seem to enjoy judging people and the art of broad-brush painting, so much so that I think you may be the Pablo Picasso of fact less over-generalizations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join