It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways the UK can save money:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
This is for the UK.

Ok Our dear leaders want to make more cuts, cuts that will affect the lower classes and not them.

Well I think we can do better.

I want a list of areas to cut or save money. Rules are to avoid hurting vulnerable UK citizens and to post estimated savings.

Il start:

Cut money to Brussels: After Rebates that's £8billion savings source

Cut money to India: That will save £293 million, they can afford rockets and aircraft carries now they can afford to go it alone

Cut money to China: Save £3 million, WTF China? Why are we giving the 2nd biggest world economy money?

Cut money to south africa: £26 Million. Come on south African is the Richest African nation!

Cut money to zimbawe: £46 million. Seeing as there leadership are always denouncing the UK why are we giving them money?

Cut money to vietnam: £19 Million. Ok they are not rich but certainly not destitute and have a growing economy

Cut money to Pakistan: £197 million, They have nukes! If you can afford nukes you can afford to go without foreign aid!

Source for foreign aid

Stop the war on drugs: £14 Billion Source

How about MP expenses, which a single MPs expenses can be more then my average yearly wage. How about we start with that?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Truthbadger

It sounds great on paper but in reality a 'normal' (working, lowewr-middle class) person would need the expenses in order to represent their constituents - all scrapping it would achieve is increase the number of rich, public school boys in Parliament.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Quite - the expenses in theory are perfectly acceptable, it's the abuse of it that is the problem.

What they should do is give them the same sort of expenses people get in the corporate world - so no second homes, instead just pay for a 3/4 star business room at a hotel, for example.

I've said before, in the long run, it would be better value for the taxpayer if the Government built a set of serviced apartments and MP's used them. It might cost a couple of hundred million, but like I said, over the course of 20 years, the savings on "second homes" and Hotel's would more than make it back.

<< 1  2   >>

join