It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Osborne proposes two year benefits freeze

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

All I can say is what a class A twat!

So MP can get a pass rise and they can afford to drop bombs on Iraq but they are going to cut money to the most needy?

What a tosser.

Hey if you want to save 3 Billion why not stop paying that £55 million day protection money to Brussels? Or stop playing world police and dropping bombs? Or hey why not cut back foreign aid! OR stop the war on drugs?

I hate politicians.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I find myself agreeing with your sentiments my little ewok

S+F from me

Q

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

So MP can get a pass rise and they can afford to drop bombs on Iraq but they are going to cut money to the most needy?

What a tosser.

Hey if you want to save 3 Billion why not stop paying that £55 million day protection money to Brussels? Or stop playing world police and dropping bombs? Or hey why not cut back foreign aid! OR stop the war on drugs?

I hate politicians.

It may not be popular with the working classes but It is absolutely what is needed.

We have to congratulate the Government and in particular George Osborn for steering us out of danger and into economical prosperity. Doing the Right thing as opposed to the popular thing!

Margret Thatcher must be applauding from above!

Korg.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good on Osborne. Too many idle people in the UK sitting on their arses. Why let folk have no encoragement to go and work for a living instead of sitting on their fat asses watching Jeremy Kyle. Hats off to him, must be feeling the heat from Farage

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

It may not be popular with the working classes but It is absolutely what is needed.

No its not! There is a dozen things the UK could do to save money instead.

1) Cut the money sent to Brussels
2) Cut foreign aid. Half of which goes to country that abuse it or dont need it!
3) Freeze MP wages!
4) Stop wars in the ME!

# thatcher.
edit on 29-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

No its not! There is a dozen things the UK could do to save money instead.

1) Cut the money sent to Brussels
2) Cut foreign aid. Half of which goes to country that abuse it or dont need it!
3) Freeze MP wages!
4) Stop wars in the ME!

# thatcher.

I agree with all of the above apart from 4.

Whether you like it or not and apparently not... preventing Benefit from rising durin a time of economic recovery is also the right thing to do...

Korg.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Good on Osborne. Too many idle people in the UK sitting on their arses. Why let folk have no encoragement to go and work for a living instead of sitting on their fat asses watching Jeremy Kyle. Hats off to him, must be feeling the heat from Farage

Contrary to popular belief there are many on welfare that need it.

Sure tighten up rules on who gets it.

But the real needy should not be left to suffer when we waste money in other areas.

Cutting benefits in the worst off areas with no jobs is not "encouragement" it a devastating blow.

encouragement is making worthwhile jobs available outside the city of london.
edit on 29-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

What can I say, this the way the elite in power works, they want to push agendas of control on the working class while they reap the benefits of the own wealth, playing with other peoples money is what this crappy elite is good at.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

yeah because giving billions and billions away in foreign aid and dropping multi-million dollar missiles on pickup trucks are a much better use of public resources,

At least you can put your tax money to good use buying flowers for some poor child's grave in a third world country.

I am not unemployed nor do i receive benefits, but the conservatives always hit the poorest people first, its not the LACK of funds it's the distribution that's all messed up.

Q
edit on 29/9/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum_Squirrel

yeah because giving billions and billions away in foreign aid and dropping multi-million dollar missiles on pickup trucks are a much better use of public resources,

At least you can put your tax money to good use buying flowers for some poor child's grave in a third world country.

I am not unemployed nor do i receive benefits, but the conservatives always hit the poorest people first, its not the LACK of funds is the distribution that's all messed up.

Q

It's better than the hundreds of millions lost following a terrorist attack on home soil... which would result in the event of not dropping those bombs!

Korg.

edit on 29-9-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

ers for some poor child's grave in a third world country.

I am not unemployed nor do i receive benefits, but the conservatives always hit the poorest people first, its not the LACK of funds is the distribution that's all messed up.

Exactly.

It the principle of the fact they are hitting the poor and vulnerable when there is a dozen other areas they could get savings in first.

If cutting safety nets was the only thing to do and there was no other option fine. But its not.

"We are all in this together" is total and utter bull crap. Only people suffering are those not in the top elite.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's better than the hundreds of millions lost following a terrorist attack on home soil... which would result in not dropping those bombs!

Korg.

Dropping those bombs MAKES terrorists!

Let the USA and the Arab states sort it out. It not like the UK can contrrbute much.

Look at Norway. They are not bombing everyone around the world and they are not having attacks happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What a tosser.

I hate politicians.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

I mean I should be the most angry man around at the moment, Living nicely carer for my mother who has M.S and then boom Bedroom tax comes in makes me homeless and then was lied to by the local housing associations.

But # it life's a bitch IF you let it,and am not having the #er get me down.

link   

Exactly.

It the principle of the fact they are hitting the poor and vulnerable when there is a dozen other areas they could get savings in first.

If cutting safety nets was the only thing to do and there was no other option fine. But its not.

"We are all in this together" is total and utter bull crap. Only people suffering are those not in the top elite.

with respect, Those that are in need of benefits such as the genuine disabled or the young family are always looked after by the government. You should travel the world and see what it's like out there before you cry you are hard done by!!!

Anyone who is claiming job seekers for longer than 6 months is making a choice to be unemployed! Why should I pay higher rates of tax to support such people and watch the country go down the drain?

No! I want my tax being reinvested in the economy so that my Children don't have to suffer!

You people should stop thinking about yourselves and start to think about the future!

Korg.

edit on 29-9-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

link   
Name one time that a temporary decision was ever reversed at the end.

If it goes through, once the greedy get their hands on all the extra money, benefits will forever be gone. Temporary taxes never disappear do they?

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Some do need it, many don't. All we are doing is putting off the inevitable in the long run. There are whole areas of the UK where their time has gone, textile mills aren't coming back to Manchester and the north, coal isn't coming back to the valleys. By funding lay about existence all the benefits do is prolong areas that have no revelance anymore. Those people who descended on Manchester and the north from the rural areas and Ireland two hundred years ago, well it's time to move on again. Their regions relevance is no more.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It's better than the hundreds of millions lost following a terrorist attack on home soil... which would result in not dropping those bombs!

Korg.

Dropping those bombs MAKES terrorists!

Let the USA and the Arab states sort it out. It not like the UK can contrrbute much.

Look at Norway. They are not bombing everyone around the world and they are not having attacks happen.

Oh dear.... you really have a warped sense of reality....

Do you think then that if we were to leave the Muslim Extremists alone they would not continue with their disgusting agenda??

And if you are the type that shrinks when someone attempts to bully you then that's your life... not me... no.. if someone threatens me and my family they are going to get whacked!

Korg.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
And Meanwhile Gideon laps up his lavish lifestyle, congratulates himself for a job well done and pops another cork on a bottle of Moet......All completely funded by the UK tax payer, the unemployed and sick and disabled included...oh the irony.
Dont worry folks, Gidiot has it All under control

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Yes foreign aid and dropping bombs on Arabs is also generally a waste of time, their should be cuts across the whole cheque book. Government is meant to be their to keep order and keep us free from foreign invasion. Cut back to this and many will be happier

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

with respect, Those that are in need of benefits such as the genuine disabled or the young family are alwasy looked after by the government. You should travel the world and see what it's like out there before you cry you are hard done by!!!

Anyone who is claiming job seekers for longer than 6 months is making a choice to be unemployed! Shy should I pay higher rates of tax to support such people and watch the country go down the drain?

You're wrong in so many ways it hurts my eyes when reading you're comment

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join