It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher on Liberals That Defend Muslim Atrocities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Exactly!
This is the same conclusion that I came to regarding loon Bill Maher; That he claims to be atheist all while being a good little pro Israel Zionist freak. Kind of contradictory, isn't he?

Liberals are a walking double standard. But IMO, Bill is as liberal as you can get. He's playing a mind game on people.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Cut the nonsense, he's pro Israel for the real reason anyone with a half a brain is... 180 some odd nobel prizes, a nation that is 1/3 atheist, 1/3 a religious which is a better ratio of science and sanity than the USA and has a higher percentage of University graduates by far VS neighbors who as he well put it "Egypt has a 91% Clitoral circumcision rate" as one example.

The bottom line is Israel is by and large a Western Nation, even when you observe a leader deal with religion it's vote pandering to the last 1/3rd who are retarded just like here... but the nation isn't ruled by this sort of insanity.

Hamas was just offered 10x the land by Egypt and turned it down... Israelis took, whatever they were offered after WW2 like sane people, the conflict could be over tomorrow they refuse to let it end the Palestinians. What happens now is no ones concern plenty of Jews had a "homeland" in Germany, 70 years later there are no Jews shooting rockets at Berlin, rather Berlin is a main trading partner that in fact helps secure Israel via military imports... 70 years later Palestine even when offered a solution refuse it over nonsense religious beliefs.

The rule of life is ADAPTATION, there is a reason the Jewish Calender is the longest in the world and the Palestinian calender wont exist in 50 more years.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Exactly!
This is the same conclusion that I came to regarding loon Bill Maher; That he claims to be atheist all while being a good little pro Israel Zionist freak. Kind of contradictory, isn't he?

Liberals are a walking double standard. But IMO, Bill is as liberal as you can get. He's playing a mind game on people.

I don't question the fact that he's both Atheist and Liberal, he's consistent in both cases. His Anti-Religion stance doesn't change his Pro-Israel (Zionist) ideology though. He is just Pro-Israel Politically (Zionist) just without being Pro-Relgion. Sort of the opposite of someone who is Pro-Israel Religiously without being Pro-Israel Politically. They are the ones who are sometimes labeled as "Self Hating Jews" by the Zionists.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Auricom

I dont think Islam as a whole is the probelm.

Well, as one who has seen first hand what "moderate Muslims" have brought Europe (Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the U.K., etc.) I beg to differ. Yes, I've lived in all of these countries. I've seen with my own two eyes, heard with my own two ears, what "they" really believe.

I've been asked randomly by a "moderate" Muslim here in Norway if I liked the "gift" they (Islam) gave us. I asked, "What do you mean?" where he replied, "9/11". A friend and I were targeted out because we were speaking American English.

I have a good friend who was beaten to near death by a "moderate" Muslim in Sweden. She's ethnically Swedish, and she wanted to leave him because of the abuse he often dished out. But what sent him over the edge and put her in the hospital was the fact that she wanted to leave him, and in his own words, "No DOG will leave ME!". (Because she wasn't Muslim.)

Then in Norway, a couple were standing outside of a pub downtown having a smoke. They both were approached by more "moderate" Muslims and both beaten and placed in the hospital. I visited them in the hospital, neither knew why they were singled out.

A "moderate" Muslim man in his late 40's went outside and BEAT a twelve year old Norwegian boy locally for an argument the boy and the son to the Muslim man had. Yep, really moderate.

I could go on, and on, and on again. Islam is the problem, the mindset many of these people have shows you exactly what they think of the West.

I'm not going to lollygag and prance around the issue because it isn't politically correct. Wherever Islam goes, peace is sure to leave.

**Edit**
The one thing that sealed the deal for me was when a "friend" of mine who is a Muslim told me, "Even though we are born here, we don't consider ourselves Norwegian. No Muslim does.".

Again, that paints a pretty clear picture of what they believe.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The term "self hating Jew"

By numbers that would include 2/3rds of Israel if you deal with the reality that the majority of Jews don't even remotely practice much of the religion. The vast majority of Jews practice Judaism in the way many Christians celebrate Christmas, a manger gets put up, if your Catholic you might go to midnight mass to have a custom, hang the lights, shop, maybe even actually stick to the ten commandments as a guideline in daily life because by themselves they are A Okay....

But jews by and large are more steadfast... I have a friend who goes so far as to wear a yarmulke and light candles... his Rabbi gives sermons about "The Matrix" lol and deals with Physics in regards to creation... why Jews "get stuck" with the self hating Label... is beyond me. Mainly they as a people try to make Religion blend with the modern world and do a decent job of it, the only group better... The Dali Lama once threw it out there directly that the religion would always change based on science to "upgrade" how it deals with the world. I don't think it's "self hatred" but rather evolution of thought...

Let me say this, I was raised Jewish, i'd realistically label myself something like... "Agnostic/Buddhist of Jewish Heritage" I really dislike "Orthodox Jews" sort of at least... as I see it these guys are annoying, for starters they claim "your not Jewish unless you follow laws x,y and z" and in reality they are a sub group that formed at the end of the Spanish inquisition and are kind of radical in their own right... doesn't make me a "self hating jew" It just means I understand the need to "police" your own faith or whatever for lunatics... Muslims need to "get" this concept... it's the reason Israel hasn't nuked anybody, the majority of Jews keep this crap in check...

And even the "Orthodox" Jews don't "Convert" anyone lol... your not invited lol... so not much of a threat, you couldn't fill the State of Maine with these guys in a century, it might be annoying but in all reality it's a "private golf club" mentality it's never coming for your children you have to apply to get in and even finding the application is a chore... by their standards i'm not even allowed to be a caddy let alone mykids, 50% of us in the USA (myself included" breed "out" of Judaism...

Of course the Atheist likes Jews and Israel... most of us are wide open to a range of thought that says "god is really a law of physics" or other some such ideas... the whole white beard on the Mountain things gets lost when your culture values a PHD more than a really old book by practice.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What makes those people in your examples "moderate" in the first place. I would think that the Label of Moderate would apply based upon their actions. Their actions, if what you say is true are not what I'd call Moderate at all but seem pretty damn extreme. Why insist on calling them "Moderate Muslims" when they clearly aren't???

A duck can call itself a frog but it's still a duck and sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Again, that paints a pretty clear picture of what they believe.

Only to you and the ignorant.

You use a few stories to paint an entire religion the same color. That is ignorance to not understand all people are not the same.

Would you say the all Christian/Catholic faith, who also has extreme believers, should be placed in the same barrel?

Because what your basically saying is...those few speak for the entire religion.

Killings for Christianity

Here is an American Muslim..killing.
Religious Fanatic Claims to Have Murdered Gay Men

You know what both links say.....nothing. There are idiots in every religion or race.

I too can find stories on bad people in religion if that is all I wanted to see....but I don't because all I would be doing is looking for justification for my intolerance/racism...if I had any..

edit on 29-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Well I cant speak to that. BUT from what it sounds like to me: These people WERE NOT moderates. You know I hate this terminology. I am far from PC. I think we can agree that it is BS and doesnt really serve a good purpose.

I will give you an example from the Muslims I met in Spain. They were mostly Senegalese. They would go bar to bar selling CDs, clothing, nick nacks..ect.

One of my best friends in Spain was this one guy named Fran (short for some weird African name not Francisco). The guy ALWAYS smiled and had nice things to say. The guy was walking peace. Well mannered, considerate, just great to see everyday.

There were drunks and young idiots who would mess with him. Mostly reacting to situations like the ones you describe. The guy would tell me that he understands why they feel that way. He would tell me that he didnt resent them and in fact agreed with them on some issues. The guy wasnt a Spaniard. He knew that with all the problems Spain was and still is going through that he was bound to get some flack for simply being there at all. Spain has a growing hatred of immigration and a LONG AND DEEP seeded hatred for Islam. 800 years of conquest and war will do that.

The guy never let people down. If he promised something he came through. He never lied. He never stole. The guy had pride and dignity. Even when he was STARVING he wouldnt take handouts. He lived what I like to think was the true faith for them.

When I left the guy smiled through his tears and told me that he will always be my friend. I only knew him from his selling crap where I worked. I dont make friends easily. I would rather be alone than take in a single asshole or secret jerk into my circle. I can tell you that he was an exceptional human being. I dont care if he was trying to make a living, or was from a dirt poor country ect. I dont even care if he was hungry and almost pitiful. The guy carried an air of respect and tolerance for others I wish was the norm for all people, not just Muslims.

The difference is IMO that his friends were like that. There were a few shady people who were in his group that I didnt even talk to, much less be nice to. He took to heart what the good teachers he had taught him. The people who guided his spiritual life werent out to win him over like a zombie. They wanted REAL men and women to live a life of peace and paradise. Not some Virgin offering far away place in return for a life of hate and violence. His paradise was here and now and he wanted to share it with you. Christian, atheist, what ever.

I know it wasnt just him or his nature. I saw the bad Muslims who just played along for a sense of belonging and some help when they were down. He was enriched by his faith. I am telling you, they guy was a real believer /liver. I can honestly say that I am better in my spirituality for having known him.

He is not the norm, or is...I dont know or care. I know good Muslims. That is enough. F the world and everyone else and their experience. I will not betray Fran. Its like that. You do not know me but I dont take things lightly. If I am with him its for a damn good reason.

That said, I met people like you mentioned in your post. Sure, I wanted to bring scorched earth hell on them and break their bodies to little pieces of nothingness until my fists were grinding knuckles. Thats all they inspire in me. War. Opposition. Hatred. In my heart and mind that is less than nothing though. I am more powerful than that or them.

I feel the same way about Black Hebrew Israelites, Boneheads (racist skin heads), black panthers, the KKK and every other Mother I would kill myself if the world would let me and not ruin my life in the process.

That is only part of who I am. I am more, like Muslims are more. In the end we are all the same exact crap in different shades of pink and brown.

I like to think WWIDI100Y. What would I do in 100 Years.

If I dont care enough to live 100 years killing you or helping you then its not something that is REALLY important. Just more life and its BS. I can live with that. The world and humanity really is worth it. Its awesome really.

Sorry for the long post, but you stirred up things in me...and I wont deny myself. Whether you read all that or not, have a good one. Hold it down. Keep the faith.

edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

The "Self hating Jew" label has always been a weird and IMO pointless and rude label that get's used and applied to people. I'm not Jewish myself so you would probably be able to explain the different classifications that apply in this case. It's all very confusing to me and I still don't know if I am accurately using all those terms and classification correctly. I think I am from what I understand but I could very well be wrong.

Even Zionists have different sub classifications like Religious Zionists and Secular Zionists etc. As an outsider it get's confusing. I know Chomsky is labeled often times as a "Self Hating Jew" because he doesn't agree with the actions of the State of Israel. He's also called Anti Semitic too sometimes. I find those labels to be incorrect as well and just a way for those of the same heritage to marginalize those who think differently. In fact anyone who is "Self Hating" themselves seems like a strange term in general.

Most labels are usually incorrect anyway being that almost nobody is fully represented them anyway. It's all so damn difficult to understand IMO. It would seem so much easier to not have to use them and allow everyone to just be whatever they are without grouping them together but until people choose to think that way I guess we'll just have to deal with the labeling even though they are often wrong or misused.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: tadaman

His is only not off base because what he says does happen, but where does he get that liberals defend what these people in ME do?
And you are seeing women mutilated and/or killed? Or seeing their rights being stripped from them like he talks about in his rant?

I think he covers it very clearly on charlie rose.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's an interesting culture in all actuality, Jews have imho always by and large been more "eastern" in spiritual thought and ahead of the curve in regards to theology and I think the whole term "self hating jew" is an outside perception of what is actually fundamental debate inherent to the culture, the concept of "questioning" is always within the culture. A stereo type that would be true is "Jews like to argue" or lets say debate lol...

But if you look at the history, at inception Judaism actually has roots in a "dual" not a mono belief, God had 2 halves as an entity one was feminine, in fact the female tense is used in the bible for all "miracles" of the Earth, the concept of monothiesim was one the Jews took off as common practice, gave up converting long before anyone else, even the Temple reforms of Christ times were via a 'questioning jew" it's not that dogmatic maniacs aren't in the mix, they are, just that with in the core the concept of questioning and evolving ideas is part of the teaching.

Part of it... there is no concept of hell Chomsky might get called a "self hater" for opposition to Israel but no one will ever say he's going to "eternal damnation" for it which leaves a certain freedom to open your mouth when your friends and families might be acting like idiots

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Another thing along with what you're saying in regard to the "Self hating Jew" label that I find strange is that for a Jew to use that term for another Jew is so Ironic it's comical. Just look at the Jewish Culture and especially their Comedy. Jewish culture and language is literally very cynical when speaking or referencing itself. Jewish comedy which has become the major form of comedy today is by it's very nature cynical and satirical about everything. It's funny because "The Self Hating Jew" in a sense could be applied very easily to all Jews in a comedic sense. The root of it is always about Guilt and complaining about stuff and misery, but "ya know, who'd listen."

I don't know, it's funny to me anyway. Just kind of Ironic that they would use that term at all in a serious way.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What he is basically saying, is Liberals are very vocal on the religious right and their fanatics plus defend Muslims but are quiet on the atrocities on committed by the Muslim fanatics who run their countries.

I am not sure if it is true...the only time I come to the defense of Muslims, is when ignorance attempts to paint them all the same. I hate what those fanatics do..but how do we kill an ideal? There is nothing we can do but help those wishing to escape that.

Most of the ones who come to the America's are looking for a better way of life..and then there are those who come here with their fanatic beliefs intact and think they can continue to practice it here,

They soon learn their view of the world is not welcome North America. Practice your faith but the abuse of others will not be tolerated. Women..etc should all be treated equally...if you vote republican...you disagree with that statement..but if you vote Liberal..vote for the real ones...the ones who actually have a record for standing up to injustices..not the faux ones we got now.

I have no clue as to why the right is against the fanatical Muslims...most of them after all the lighter version of them...war on women, minorities, gays and want their countrymen to kneel and bow before their religion. Most believe the constitution only applies to certain individuals..etc.

We are lucky we live in countries where they will never have that happen. I judge people as I meet them not their race or religion.

Right = restriction on who gets the rights from the constitution.
Left = Constitution and rights for everyone.

Do we really want our countries to be run by them? It would turn into a middle east light and that is hoping they are only the light version.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

welp, thats the thing.

Right and left dont actually exist. Its all an illusion meant for division. Traditional values get hijacked as frequently as liberal ones do. To say that the constitution is not a UNIVERSAL American ideology is an example of this division and delusion.

OF COARSE any true american values that ideology laid out in that document. OR True Brit , Scott, Norwegian, or whatever, values their founding ideology and idiosyncrasy., You could fall into the federalist or anti federalist camp according to your political ideology in the US...but ALL Americans must uphold those values universally and even abroad to be worth the meat bag of their sorry ass as ONE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

The right has its arrogance as the left does. Similarly we look to our champions of the front lines of our mindsets to define who and what that is. The truth is they are all talking heads. We are a core people. Where we differ is just personal choices.

If you really think that being fair and just is exclusive to one side of the isle or not then you are just confused. Obtuse Liberalism like ultra traditionalism is just retarded. The happy center is where you would best serve justice and the common good. Its also the place with the least BS. MAYBE, slightly right in the times we are living in....slightly left at others. The people should align their ideology so as to counteract the majority of government always.

edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am a white European that live in a city with Muslim all around me where crime has risen so I know that the invite in without need for employment is not good for a city. Some of the people coming here is very uncivilized. But not all of them are uncivilized.

You have to deal with the problem without letting the uncivilized label all Islam. You have people who is beyond duality even in Islam. Rumi is an example of this.

But the political correctness is also a problem since they should openly show the problem for what it is so you can deal with the problem.

I have in my life been beaten down and assaulted by both whites and Muslim bullies. The common thing about all of those times was that they insane people who need to be put in jail or insane asylum for the benefit of all living in my country.
edit on 29-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Beautiful story.

To be fair in this thread he was probably influenced heavily from Sufi spiritualism.

en.wikipedia.org...

In Senegal, 92% of Muslims belong to a Sufi brotherhoods, more than any Muslim population in the world. The two largest orders are the Tijaniyyah and the Muridiyyah or Mourides, although the pan-Islamic Qadiriyyah and the smaller Layene brotherhood are also represented in parts of the country. In creating a brotherhood, each founder often has the objective of uniting all Muslims. However, in practice, those within a brotherhood often emphasize the superiority of their brotherhood's path over others. Mosques are created by specific brotherhoods, though individuals are free to attend whichever mosque they prefer.

Even Sufi seem to fall into duality. Sad to see.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Half a brain? To support a terrorist state? lol sure.
I support the Palestinians, and for good reason. Israel is nothing but a leech to American tax payers.
I don't think too many consider Israel "western", either. Only the pro-Israel people do. There is no democracy in Israel.

Then you claim that Israel has better this, better that, blah blah blah.

Israel is ruled by the most evil, insane bunch that the world has ever known. Just look at their actions. I can't believe that anyone can even argue against that at this point.

Palestinians have been offered no solution. Only slaughter and more of their land stolen. They are kept in an open prison. The only solution is for the Zionists to leave Palestine.

The jewish calendar? I don't expect Israel to last another 20 years. If you haven't noticed, many in the world are demanding justice for the Palestinians. Nitwityahoo is a proven liar scumbag that no one likes. After this last attack on innocent women and children, Israel is history. It's over for them.

Bill Mahar supports evil and perverseness. The guy is an arrogant, close-minded idiot.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think you can just say everything you hate is "liberal", and everything else is "conservative".

People have lost track of what these two terms mean. Now, for conservatives. "liberal" just mean whatever you don't like.

Here is what the two terms mean:

Liberal = generous, tolerant, open minded.

Conservative = thrifty, steadfast, cautious.

That is basically what these two terms mean. When you are liberal, you are being "generous". It is a synonym. Not a bad thing in moderation. Likewise, if you are being "conservative", you are being thrifty. Also not a bad thing.

You have to be both liberal and conservative -- at the right time with the right intent. Not overly generous -- not stingy -- not wreckless -- not completely intolerant...

Honestly. Being liberal is as important as being conservative. You need to embrace both.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

As much as he dislikes Christianity and thinks it's foolish, he seems to eloquently defend it, in comparison to Islam.
Interesting.

And he makes a valid point if 80% plus of the Muslim world support the killing of adulterers, which we know will mostly be women, because of how Sharia law works, have they not tethered themselves to utter brutality ???

That means in reality there is only 20% true moderates in Islam when you dig deeper.
Scary stuff.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

what a joke...

For starters using "taxes" in a defense is seriously the biggest misuse in America by the poor and uneducated to make an argument against "anything" our total budgetary expense on foreign aid is whopping 1%, of that Israel receives 3 Billion the next five Afghanistan, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan, Iraq... over 10 billion, so America supplies Israels enemies and Islamic nations with 3x in aid every year.

Lets now remember before any Rothschild related nonsense arises in regard to finance who exactly it is that makes the MOST by far money off of America, gains the greatest wealth and exerts the most influence off of the "Petro Dollar" which is the REAL reason for our involvement in the middle east... Saudi Arabia, Israel doesn't actual make a spit nickle off that whole affair and when you total the money the Saudis have vastly more and this is cold hard FACT vs some un-provable nonsense about the Rothschild's being secret Jews...

Now as far as Israel being the most insane group of maniacs or whatever nonsense our spewing... this entire last round of fighting killed roughly as many people combined as there are shooting deaths in the cities of Detroit and Chicago yearly... via killing for crack and ho's lol... Meanwhile the first 3 days of the Gulf war we killed more Middle Easterners than Israel has in it's existence, utterly ridiculous blanket hate statement dude... Worst EVER" god damn those Palestinians must crap Gold out their rears or something because apparently a couple of dozen deaths a year (most years) tops right out over 500,000 women raped in Darfur, the Holocaust, our Genocide of native Americans, The rape of Nanjing...heck WW2 killed 70 million people, 1500 Palestinians tops what WE have done?

We've killed like 3 Million people since 9-11, we sewed the ground of their countries with depleted Uranium which will cause birth defects for Thousands of years, kids in Pakistan go before the Un and say "I used to like the sky but now I stay inside because the Drones only don't come when it's cloudy"

But somewhere in your head you'll say "Israel controls us" EXCEPT that's INSANE because the nations that give us the Petrol Dollar and ALL of our wealth are Islamic and the nations we secure to ensure the supply of oil too (when we are the no 1 energy producers in the world btw and don't need their crap" Happen to be China and within Europe...

Now if you love Palestine so much your welcome to live there

Me personally, I prefer my women to have a clitoris, to enjoy a nice drink while on vacation and it just so happens the Israels recently patented a method to regrow knee cartilage which will fit nicely with the other 180 Nobel prizes they have and frankly...i'll need new knees all day and NO some retarded BS fictional god wont deliver those to me

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join