It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hot-tubbing GSA official indicted over lavish trips

page: 1

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
With all the news of ISIS and Police brutality, this little gem seems to have slipped by the watchers here at ATS. I searched for it but didn't find any reference, so, here it is...
Link to Story

A San Francisco grand jury has indicted a former General Services Administration official whose lavish trips on the taxpayer’s dime and whose image relaxing in a hot tub in 2012 became a symbol of government fraud and abuse.

I wonder who he pissed off to actually get indicted over this? For sure if his head is on the block now, there is one or more above him that deserve the same, so he was served up in their place.

If convicted, Neely faces a maximum sentence of five years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000 for each of the five charges.

So, if convicted, he will be faced will $1.25M in fines. I sure hope he squirreled some of that GSA money away....or, he made a deal with those above for a payout later (if they even come through with it).

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
a reply to: Krakatoa

The first thing that came to mind was the old adage about cockroaches.. "If you kill or capture one you can bet there are hundreds more"..

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
Very nice... I hope this is just the beginning.

I wonder if we will see more of these now that Holder is on his way out. I hope we see indictment's against him as well. While I am all for going after these people, I don't think its right if its just these midlevel government employees. There are a lot at the top of the food chain who do the same and somehow slip thru the cracks.

Thanks for posting -
edit on 28-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM

Let justice be served.
One of the lesser minions head on
a platter? Most likely.
Consider it an Hors d'oeuvre.

Dine Well.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
a reply to: 727Sky

Hoo Haa,

Why not enlighten them to an altitude
of 30,000 ft. over the Pacific Ocean,
and open the Cargo Door.

Or they could just follow your cat
"Where Eagles Dare".

Great Avatar!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM

It's about time. The scandal broke and the GSA went before the House Oversight Committee back in 2012! For more details, check out Jon Stewart's "Moneygall" segment about it (aired in April 2012).

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:53 AM
a reply to: halfpint0701

Funny video..

For those who care -
The reason he cannot give his title or answer the question about approving funds.

Invoking your 5th amendment is a blanket. You do not get to pick and choose which question you will answer. You either answer all or you answer none.

For an example see Lois Lerners (IRS scandal) testimony before the committee.

new topics

top topics