It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meh..I had to put my 18 year old cat down last night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Oh mate, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry to hear about Eerie, I really am. I just shouted at my cat because he was playing up. Then I read your post and the cat poem that Buster2010 put on here and now I'm actually crying a little bit. What a big tough man I am! Suffice to say, he's having a cwtch now.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss.... My wife had found a soulmate with a cat which adopted us... Putting her down after all
those years was the worst emotional experience I ever had.... We now have two cats, but it took years before my wife
was able to do this.. But still.... there is that little void in our lives.......

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend-i have a female cat,she's about 16 years old now,we've had her for 11 years.A lovely black and white cat named Cassie.We got her as a an adult cat from the local SPCA,only days after moving to this region.They had this big cage with lots+lots of cats,they were all outside in the sunlight,but i notice this "loner". This lovely b+w cat roosting away from the others,inside the covered stiles,and the moment i saw her,i knew she was the one for me.She's so old and thin now,just a bag of bones really,but she still has the same stroppy attitude she had when she was younger.

The husband used to loathe cats till about 2 years ago,then we got a black cat that melted his heart and changed his attitude to cats.Cassie is the only cat that was never intimidated by him:-) Like,when a cat is laying on a chair where i would want to sit,i would leave the cat and find another seat,but then i practically worship cats.He would point at the floor and tell the cat to get off,and all our cats would obey and go lay elsewhere.Not Cassie,She would miaow at him and remain on the chair.Then he'd raise his voice,and point again,ordering her off,and she would then just miaow louder also,while looking him straight in the eye..hilarious:-D She usually sleeps on my bed at night now,and i dread the day she departs,i am going to miss her dreadfully.

Hug to you,and i'm glad you had this friend for so many years.a reply to: opethPA

edit on 29-9-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

What more can I say than thank you for your years of devotion. Your story is special and a real tear jerker.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I love critters, and am happy to hear that you loved your critter too. I am sorry for your lose, but am happy that you and your cat spent a lot of quality time together, sleeping. I really hope you get another pet, because they seem to never let you down. Plus there is a critter out there that might need a good home and a best friend and sounds to me like you fit the bill.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You have my condolences on your loss.

Seems to be a pretty rough weekend for some of us - I lost my Mr. Pretty Bird. A cockatiel I had for 22 years, he just passed away friday.

A while back I had to put my siamese Ashe to sleep because he got FIP and was degradng quickly.

My heart goes out to you and aches along with yours.

Here are to better times. and good remembers of our beloved companions.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about this!
That's very cool how he slept by your head every night. Whether you're a dog person or a cat person, our furry family members are the best. They put humans to shame in terms of devotion, loyalty, and unconditional love.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss. We just lost our 18yr old companion two weeks ago as well. It never gets easier to deal with. She was a pillow cat also. Nice to read how much everyone cars about our furry friends.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
sorry for your loss....i just put my almost 15yr old shepard husky mix down yesterday..... before i did, i asked her to guide me, and meet me on the other side... may our little friends be forever in our hearts.

love,light,blessings,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join