It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial nuttiness from the US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
FYI "Aloysius the Gaul" the US of A does not hold a Monopoly on Nuttiness.

Here is just an example of 5 dumb laws in Australia you might break:

◦It is illegal to be drunk in a pub and may result in a $500 fine.
◦It is illegal to change a light bulb unless you are a licenced electrician.
◦It is illegal to leave your car keys in an unattended vehicle.
◦It is illegal to ride a bike without a helmet.
◦It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.

Link

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi - That's our equivalent of USA! USA! USA!

Completely agree, but I think what he is trying to point out is that most are blind to their own "nuttiness".

We Americans are not any better than anyone else, but we have fallen for the idea of American exceptionalism.

The people he/she described in the OP are the type of people that believe they are somehow better than others because of the lifestyle they live or the beliefs they have.....but to some it's just nutty.
edit on 9/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I disagree. All babies are ugly. The only thing uglier is a sloth.

I have never seen an ugly baby

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Sure there are nuts everywhere - but your list of laws is irrelevant - I wasn't commenting in the LAW - I was commenting on PEOPLE.

I have no problem with not being drunk in a pub - ask any bartender who the biggest a-holes are in pubs - it's eth drunks - go fro a drink, not to get pissed.

Cycle helmet laws - don't' have a problem with those either.

the lightbulb thing is a myth according to building information sites, and I suspect the hotpants thing is too - I haven't been able to find any actual law - just some 'net references.

Leaving keys in an unattended vehicle is stupid - and apparently there is a law against stupidity in Australia......shame it doesn't actually work very well because you think these are all true and/or stupid somehow!!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Tell him to bring the BEER ours sucks.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I thought murdoch was a US citizen now?

I know he was originally from australia, and has had some "issues" regarding his companies ethics.
edit on 28-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: butcherguy

Tell him to bring the BEER ours sucks.

You aren't kidding. Germany is known for having some nutty people, but they can come on over if they bring some decent beer.
edit on 9/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow, trying to deride Maj. Mariam Al Mansouri for her service is a pretty low blow. Then to have to be told by his wife that it's inappropriate just blows my mind. (and what a terrible and vague non-apology)

Eric Bolling and Greg Gutfeld, never heard of them before today but wow... just wow.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

WAAAAAAAAAH OCTOBERFEST yum!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Believers want the Bible to Trump the Constitution as the Bible provides for Determinism by God, in other words you have someone else to blame rather than your own choices as God made you do it!

It is the subconscious justification of why most people want to believe...

Testifying against yourself or volunteering information that can and will be used against you is something that you don't have to do and the right not to is protected by the constitution. Burden of proof is with the state.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I disagree. All babies are ugly. The only thing uglier is a sloth.

Baby sloths are pretty cute.

On topic,
I don't think Fox is doing a bad job. Their primary purpose is to piss off the left.
They are succeeding.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ha! You should have seen my first three births. All of my children were between 9 - 10 lbs. When they came into this world, they were bruised and battered from that trip through the canal. Not very pretty. But after few weeks, adorable.

To keep this post on topic - I think we are seeing an information overload and emotional reactions from these people as pointed out in the OP. Not what I want from my new sources. I want an unbiased report of the facts and balanced opinions from different sides so I can logically determine where I stand. I shouldn't have to switch from one network to another to get a balanced report on all sides of the issues.

I don't know if everything is on the verge of a meltdown, but it sure feels like it when I read the links in this thread, AND when I watch the news.

CdT

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

On topic,
I don't think Fox is doing a bad job. Their primary purpose is to piss off the left.
They are succeeding.

they should be pissing off anyone on het right who is interested in factual news too - I suspect they are, but a lot of people on the right are afraid to say so for fear of the partisan BS that's around these days.

Telling lies and being an a-hole for "your side" should not be seen as a good thing!!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I really enjoyed this. I wouldn't be opposed to a weekly thread in just such a format. A 'best of' for the week of US Political Madness or something in that vein.

You could even include pertinent ATS threads of such stories, if they've already been posted.

Boobs on the ground? Are you f*ing kidding me?!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

We get Fox News Down Under. I started watching it out of curiosity and suddenly started feeling hatred towards Muslims, Liberals, Blacks, Mexicans, Gays, Lesbians, Muslims, Poor People and Muslims.

I stopped watching it now and my Mental Health has improved.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, the politicians are eating the same doping food we are so what do you expect. They aren't controling this and I doubt if they can even comprehend that they have also been conditioned. In fact, it would be more beneficial to the ones controlling this society to keep them in complete bliss of the plan.

No, I'm not paranoid, you need to let it bother you to be classified as paranoid. I am simply just an observer. I can't do a darn thing if I even wanted to so what the hell, I might as well enjoy the show.
edit on 28-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The nuttiness gets meme'd and that's what everyone focuses on about the two party system.

Did someone say baby sloths?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can't wait until I can live in a world where everyone agrees with how I think.

Until then, everyone that doesn't agree with me is a serial nutcase!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Telling lies and being an a-hole for "your side" should not be seen as a good thing!!

I could not agree more, the our side your side thing has gotten pretty old.

More so when people seem to actually believe the rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
"Boobs on the ground" HEHE

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Oops.
I forgot to invite you!
Come on down....
as soon as you are done bombing the Middle East. ..
just like Americans do.

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Steve (whose theme song is "I Wanna be a Cowboy" - should explain everything).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join