It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book of the law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I owned the red book for about 7 years, during which time I read it multiple times.

Then I sold it about 5 years ago, along with most of my books on the Occult, of which there were many.

I'm still doing fine.

I got far more out of taking initiations. More than I bargained for even.

Practice>Theory.

Then I turned my back on almost all Magick in Theory and Practice.

I'm still doing fine.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I loaned my copy to a neighbor that was a psychiatrist and after returning it to me; he committed suicide 4 weeks later.

Sounds a lot like a some of the experiences people have with Ouija boards.

Coincidence maybe?

I doubt it.

A few words of warning . Once contact is made, it's for LIFE ! The end result is usually an untimely death, suicide, insanity, voices in the head, the feeling of being possessed and not being able to move ..... and things of that nature . You have been warned

harmageden 5 months ago Source

I only played with a Ouija board once, with 3 other people, and guess what they all died within 10 years afterwards. The spirit said it would kill us and it kept to its word. I have nearly died on multiple occasions since then, a bit like the film "Final Destination" except in my case it's for real. You have cursed yourself playing with that thing and now you will die too like me. Sorry to break the news to you.

Jon Hart 2 weeks ago Source

I'm also atheist, I used to be catholic, but there are way too many stories about Ouija board sessions gone wrong. When I was around the age of 6 I remember my aunt saying that her and a couple of friends tried it out, the next morning she found out that one of her friends shot herself in the head just hours after playing it. The Ouija board could have been the cause or not, but being raised by a very hardcore catholic family gives you a different perspective.

FD36 1 month ago Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

uthinkitsover 5 months ago Source

I knew a girl that had the ouija board predict the death of her friend in a week via a car crash. A week to the day she died.

afar1 4 months ago Source

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think that we should take the "read once only" thing with a bag of salt. This is the eccentric Crowley at work.

What we should not take lightly is the fact that any book always comes loaded with the thoughts, emotions and experience of the writer, whether it be a novel, biography or instruction book. Bearing in mind that Crowley considered the book to be the ultimate book of all revelation tells us something about what we are tuning into.

By link-associating with Crowley through any of his work we are drawing in vibes of the author. Some of you will know that energy always goes to the weakest point.Hence , unless we have a balanced personality and strong will , it can have a destructive impact.

I am happy to see that some of the posters share my own appetite for life and have many hobbies. Thai is probably what has kept me sane all the time that have studied the occult.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Can you quote some examples of such wisdom please?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
I can only assume the posture this man took in wanting to read this book I had (in a most adamant fashion) was to see his own end finality (an end to this/his life and wished no more to participate in). Was I a vehicle as in hand picked to his self destruction? I should know better; but he was a psychiatrist (no harm no foul); never do it again with my library with anyone. People that dabble are always at risk and if this was a past Karma balancing act so be it. I wouldn't suggest anyone bring an Ouija board into the home (that is just dangerous). What is not understood is that the negative exists as well as the positive; and even if a prayerful soul (WEAK) crossing oneself will not protect you as its ignorance that is the Achilles heel.

edit on 1-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As for the conversation taking place, I think the warning about the curse which will come upon you if you don't only read the book once and then throw it away was certain facetious and made in jest. I made a thread on this topic a while back. I have read through the text a few times. Parts of it are quite apparently profound and meaningful. Other parts are cryptic, but with analysis and certain background knowledge you can get more meaning out of it. And other parts I really can't make heads or tails out of, and basically ignore, though say that it possibly/probably has more meaning that is just beyond me right now. I have always been inexplicably drawn to Crowley, and he acts like this is the most important book in existence, so it's something that is worth keeping in mind. As for people not wanting to talk bout the specifics of the text, I'm going to post the notes I shared in my previous thread, which include verses and commentary. I'm going to keep the posts separated as they originally were, so it isn't just one absurdly long post.

v. 1: "The manifestation of Nuit."
Nuit is manifested, whereas Hadit is never known.(see chapter 2 v. 4: "Yet she shall be known and I never.")
v. 3: "Every man and every woman is a star."
Every individual is a central point, creating a system based on it, with that being its common element. As the Sun defines the solar system, objects rotating around it, it is the same within the center of your consciousness. Just as the Universe consists of endless stars, all able to have their own system without interfering with one another, so it is with us when we are aligned with our true Will. Every individual has their own unique and natural path, defined by their Will, and these pathways are by their nature harmonious with one another.

v. 4: "Every number is infinite; there is no difference."
Everything is a manifestation of the infinite, and in a sense is that infinite, and in that sense there is no difference.
v. 6: "Be thou Hadit, my secret center, my heart and my tongue!"
Hadit is the secret, unknowable center. He is always the center. He is the heart and tongue of nuit, which I think can be interpreted to mean Nuit experiences herself and expresses herself through Hadit.
v. 9: “Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass and are done; but there is that which remains."

v. 12-13: "Come forth, o children, under the stars, and take your fill of love!
I am above you and in you. My ecstasy is in yours. My joy is to see your joy."
The infinite experiences itself through centers, or Nuit experiences herself through Hadit. The true individual is the center of conscoiusness, and thus the infinite experiences ecstasy and joy when we do. This is also the nature of love, because our joy and the joy of All are united. And it is for this reason that every man and woman is a star, whose orbits of Will are in natural harmony.

v. 22: "Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing and any other thing; for thereby cometh hurt."
v. 26: "And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body."
v. 27: "O Nuit, continuous one in Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!"
v. 29-30: For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.
This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all."
v. 32: "Seek me only! Then the joys of my love will redeem ye from all pain. This is so: I swear it by the vault of my body; by my sacred heart and tongue; by all I can give, by all I desire of ye all."
v. 41: "The word of Sin is Restriction. O man! Refuse not thy wife, if she will! O lover, if thou wilt, depart! There is no bond that can unite the divided but love: all else is a curse. Accursed! Accursed be it to all the aeons! Hell."

v. 42-44: "...thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Again referring to the concept that every individual is a star, and when the individual is aligned with his true Will he is naturally in harmony with All. In fact, you have no right to do anything other than your true will. In other words, everything you do that is not your true will throws you out of alignment with your natural path, and in this way all disharmony is created.
It also refers again to this idea of absolute exertion and wholeness in action, without seeking some particular result, or having some particular reason for doing it. We must align with our true will, and act in this way.
v. 46: "Nothing is a secret key of this law. Sixty-one the Jews call it; I call it eight, eighty, four hundred and eighteen."
The Jews call it sixty-one because the Hebrew word for nothing is ayin, aleph-yud-nun, 1-10-50, 61. I for the time do not know the meaning of the rest of the numbers.

v. 48: "My prophet is a fool with his one, one, one; are not they the Ox, and none by the Book?"
Clearly an allusion to the Tarot card fool. The hebrew letter corresponding to this card is aleph, which has a value of one. Also, the letter aleph as a word signifies an ox. 'the Book' is a reference to the Tarot as the Book of Thoth, the Fool card having a value of 0. This verse could perhaps be shedding some light on the apparent incongruity created with the hebrew letters being laid over the tarot cards, because aleph is 1, yet is the fool, who has a value of 0. Thus the next letter, having a value of 2, is assigned to the tarot card 1, etc. It may shed some light on that, and also relate it to other things in the Book of the Law, but I can't interpret it right now.

v. 51-53: "Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me.
...if the ritual be not ever unto me: then expect the direful judgments of Ra Hoor Khuit!
But ecstasy be thine and joy of earth: ever To me! To me!"
Emphasizing that in order to have the bliss of the Infinite, everything we do must be dedicated to the Infinite. Also, Ra Hoor Khuit is one aspect of the Son, speaker of chapter 3.
v. 60: "My number is 11," as discussed in the notes on chapter 2. I realized another meaning could be the pentagram and the hexagram, representative of the microcosm and the macrocosm, man and the divine. This is 5 and 6, which is 11.

edit on 2-10-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Chapter 2

V. 27: "He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of Reason."
V. 30: "If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, the Will stops and does naught.

I thought on this a little more and believed that I remembered, and I was correct, that the Hebrew word for 'because' was ki, kaph-yud, which has a numerical value of 30. One thing to consider is that the numerical value of this word 'Because,'being 30, is equivalent to the Hebrew letter lamed, which is the Tarot card adjustment, which is the card representing karma. This may be significant. Now it seems to be somewhat of a theme interspersed throughout the text that 'no' or 'not' may be significant words, probably in reference to duality and separate-existence. Now that word in Hebrew is lo, lamed-vav, which equals 31.

Keeping this in mind, let's look again at chapter 1, verse 46. "Nothing is a secret key to this law"
Now the word for nothing in Hebrew is ayin, aleph-yud-nun, and it has a numerical value of 61. Now the previous 2 significant words looked at, Because and No, had a value of 30 and 31 which one added together gives you 61 the value of nothing. Another thing I think is significant is the Hebrew word for 'I' is ani, aleph-nun-yud, which also has a value of 61. So the word 'self' and 'nothing' have the same numerical value. This would seem to be a sort of validation in gematria of the Buddhist doctrine of no-self.

Another interesting result in gematria that I have come across through this study involves the Hebrew word for all and the Hebrew word for nothing. The Hebrew word for all is kol, kaph-lamed, which is 50. Nothing is ayin, with a value of 61, and when you add them together you get 111. This is the number of aleph, aleph-lamed-fay, which is the letter of the Tarot card the Fool, which is informative.

Also, when you spell Nuit out in full, nun-vav-yud-thau, you get 466. This is equivalent to Olam HaYetzirah, the world of formations, which the Fool is the card of. The letter of the Fool is, again, aleph, and so again the previous gematria of 'All and Nothing' could be seen to apply to Nuit. The credibility of this is added to when you consider that It is repeatedly said that we should call her Nothing, that she is the Qabalistic 0, and the Tarot number of the Fool is 0.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"...shall the priestess say - and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bear and rejoices in my secret temple. To me! To me! Calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant."
Speaking of the priestess as nude is evidence of it referring at least in part to the Tarot card priestess, who is nude. Her path is gimel, connecting kether to tiphareth, the sun, which represents the heart. Commentary by Crowley connected Khabs, the light/star of man, with the heart, as she does in this verse.

The light of man's true nature as love resides in the heart. It is held in its highest sense, a star in the body of Nuit, through the priestess who connects the light with Kether. In this, the most pure and absolute love is found, which excites the fire of life and passion within Hadit who is the inmost center.

Now there is an interesting paradox that obviously has meaning and is worth looking into. Let's look at the opening verses of chapters 1 and 2.
"Had! The manifestation of Nuit."
"Nu! The hiding of Hadit."
Nuit is said to be hidden, yet is also said to be infinitely extended. Hadit is said to be manifested yet also said to be infinitely contracted, or not extended. Nuit is also said to be everywhere the circumference, which is nowhere found. Perhaps this is explained in that Nuit is in a sense All, yet in another sense nothing because she has no distinctions, no separate identity, no discontinuity. Hadit is the flaming core and expression of all individuality. Yet Hadit is never known. Another verse states, with 'she' referring of course to Nuit...
"... as she, the circumference, is nowhere found."

2:2 "I am not extended, and Khabs is the name of my house."
So perhaps Khabs is the absolute, unified individual essence, that sense of 'a star.' Nuit and Hadit are the two opposing infinites who's interplay gives finite realities. Hadit is the individuality that exists beyond all conditions. All variation is the process of the self discovery of Nuit as infinite possibilities.
edit on 2-10-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney
So, all that have not read "The Book of the Law" have just been given its finest points. Decide for yourself whether the content provided here by TheJourney is relevant to yourselves. Seriously, I find it just as perplexing or enlightening as the bible (in obtuseness). The bible contradicts itself much more in so being a much longer read, written by questionable persons and edited by a group of controllers of information. Whatever resonates as a personal truth is the information to be paid attention to. Wouldn't it be nice if "the all that is' or Absolute Unbounded Oneness chose to write a book for us all to read that told the whole truth; TOO EASY it would say.
edit on 2-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join