It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Mysterious Photos that cannot be Explained...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wonder whats on the Babushka ladys film, probably why she was "never" found.
Looks out of place or not reacting to the situation in a few pics.
edit on 28-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Interesting video! SnF.

I've never heard of the Hassdalen Lights before, wonder if they have any connection with the Norway spiral? Probably not but that was my first thought.

"Babushka Lady" seems like a pretty interesting character. What better undercover operative to send in and snap pics than a little old lady? Perfect cover if you ask me, very suspicious.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Swamp Gas!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

Doubtful, no spinal tap is needed a hair test can do the job....and that song has nothing to do with the illicit acronym.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I tend to disagree,i saw an interview with the father that took the picture and he seemed very convincing.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: riffraff

Doubtful, no spinal tap is needed a hair test can do the job....and that song has nothing to do with the illicit acronym.

So.. You got the message. So my attempt to bend the rules was a success. And hair follical tests aren't part of autopsy protocol are they?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
That last one of the water tank girl really creeped me out. And the falling body. Too bad the hotel didn't have cameras elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

The "moon pyramid" is probably just simulacra. If NASA tried to hide something, they would surely not have issued this picture, but replaced it with a real blank. Maybe the triangle is a part of the camera, a mirror. However, it somewhat reminds me of another unexplained picture of a set of pyramids reflecting in water, taken during the Scole experiments.

It has been said that the pyramids (on Earth, in Egypt) were on the banks of the Nile thousands of years ago. BTW: the Nile moved, not the pyramids

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
That last one of the water tank girl really creeped me out. And the falling body. Too bad the hotel didn't have cameras elsewhere.

The water tank story is really bizarre. Her movements in the video are creepy - almost as if there is a paranormal aspect to the case.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff.
I've only heard of the woman, Elisa Lam, who was found dead in the hotel roof top water tank. She was from here in Vancouver. I followed the story for awhile, hoping they would solve the mystery. Never happened. She looked like she was talking to an invisible person near the elevator. Very strange.
Even stranger :

It's also difficult to understand how she accessed the water tank, when the rooftop area is locked and protected by an alarm system. Plus, the holding tanks themselves look really hard to get into, and how would she have managed to shut the lid of the tank?

source

The Cecil Hotel has a hell of a dark past. Richard Ramirez, a serial killer and rapist known as the "Night Stalker," lived on the hotel's 14th floor for several months in 1985. Johann "Jack" Unterweger is another serial killer who lived in the hotel in 1991. In 1964 a woman was found dead in her ransacked room, having been stabbed, strangled, and raped by an known assailant. The hotel has also been home to a number of suicide deaths from patrons who leaped from an upper-floor windows, including a woman who jumped from the 9th floor in 1962 and killed a man walking below.

Elisa's death is uncomfortably similar to a horror movie plot. The 2005 film Dark Water (a remake of a 2002 Japanese movie by the same name) tells the story of a young woman found drowned in a hotel water tank. A scene in the movie depicts an elevator malfunctioning, and a character is named Cecilia. Cecilia/Cecil? There's a REALLY weird medical test name coincidence. Just days after Elisa Lam's body was found, national health experts were called into Skid Row near the hotel to investigate a deadly persistent tuberculosis (TB) outbreak that local health officials called the largest in a decade. More than 4,500 people may have been exposed to tuberculosis and scientists linked the outbreak to a TB strain unique to L.A. A test used to diagnose tuberculosis, particularly in patients with advanced immunosuppression? The LAM-ELISA. That's ... huh.

edit on 29-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The tadpole thing always fascinated me. But they claimed it opened its mouth, but didnt take a photo of that? My ass. Here's another view of it.

a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
I cant imagine they have the slightest to do with it. The spiral was basically proven to be a missile test, and there were photos of a chinese missile test that looked the same! The lights, are most likely an electromagnetic phenomenon. Norway is near magnetic north, remember. We have the northern lights and earthquake lights too!

edit on 29-9-2014 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: smurfy

I have seen that photo before but always put it down to photo shop / fake but i will dig into it soon as it is quite interesting to say the least

Them Egyptians sure got about

The NASA pyramid on the moon is no pyramid. This video explains exactly what it is, and also gets stuck into Lunacognita, a person with a YouTube channel promoting this as real.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The copper man photo is beyond creepy to me sent chills down my spine literally. It would be nice if some one could in bed these photos in stand alone form, alas I do not have the data available to do so.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Let's see. I don't know about every single one of them, but I am relatively certain where some are concerned. The first, the babushka lady, does not seem that mysterious to me at all to be honest. Tracking people down was not so easy at that time, and the only way to get any leads was to find someone who knew her in some way. The next two, the lights and the tadpole, I have no clue. Not familiar with the cases. The spaceman is one I've researched in the past, and I am 100% convinced that the "spaceman" is the guy's wife, and there have been great analyses done that have reached this same conclusion. It should have been pretty obvious to the guy to be honest.

The Watertown ghost faces were revealed to be a hoax a while back, but I don't remember the particulars. The Black Knight satellite never existed in the first place, and the images generally put forth depicting it are nothing of the kind. And the evidence that is used to back it up is always the same, and has been refuted time and time again. The corpse photo I seem to remember being a hoax, but I won't swear to that.

The lunar photograph I have no idea about, and honestly I do not remember ever hearing about this, or if I did I must have forgotten. It is quite interesting if that truly is a NASA photograph. The flight photograph I was aware of, and I think it is quite real. At the very least I have not seen anything proving it to be a hoax, which it would have to have been. But I suppose it is possible that it was a real person in the photo, and that those who claimed to know the man never claimed that it was his spirit. But I have a feeling it is real, and it is quite a creep photograph to say the least. The last one, the girl who was found in the water tank, I have never really researched. It seems a bit odd, and it almost appears as if she is under the influence of some mind-altering substance. I am not confident of that however, and I imagine that they would have done a toxicology report to determine as much. So anyway, some of those truly are mysteries in my opinion, but many of them have been satisfactorily answered.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Let's see. I don't know about every single one of them, but I am relatively certain where some are concerned. The first, the babushka lady, does not seem that mysterious to me at all to be honest. Tracking people down was not so easy at that time, and the only way to get any leads was to find someone who knew her in some way. The next two, the lights and the tadpole, I have no clue. Not familiar with the cases. The spaceman is one I've researched in the past, and I am 100% convinced that the "spaceman" is the guy's wife, and there have been great analyses done that have reached this same conclusion. It should have been pretty obvious to the guy to be honest.

The Watertown ghost faces were revealed to be a hoax a while back, but I don't remember the particulars. The Black Knight satellite never existed in the first place, and the images generally put forth depicting it are nothing of the kind. And the evidence that is used to back it up is always the same, and has been refuted time and time again. The corpse photo I seem to remember being a hoax, but I won't swear to that.

The lunar photograph I have no idea about, and honestly I do not remember ever hearing about this, or if I did I must have forgotten. It is quite interesting if that truly is a NASA photograph. The flight photograph I was aware of, and I think it is quite real. At the very least I have not seen anything proving it to be a hoax, which it would have to have been. But I suppose it is possible that it was a real person in the photo, and that those who claimed to know the man never claimed that it was his spirit. But I have a feeling it is real, and it is quite a creep photograph to say the least. The last one, the girl who was found in the water tank, I have never really researched. It seems a bit odd, and it almost appears as if she is under the influence of some mind-altering substance. I am not confident of that however, and I imagine that they would have done a toxicology report to determine as much. So anyway, some of those truly are mysteries in my opinion, but many of them have been satisfactorily answered.

But you barely could explain even those you had heard about. I would not say "many of them have been satisfactorily answered", especially since most of them have little to no evidence to prove or refute them.

The Babushka lady is very interesting, considering she was present in so many different photos and videos of one of the most important and controversial incidents in U.S. history.

The spaceman photo was also weird to me, but after seeing the other photos taken that day, with the mother in the background, I'm convinced the spaceman is just an odd angle of the mom.

The tadpole would be cool if it were real, but I have very little evidence to suggest whether it's an animal, an oil spill, a branch, or a piece of trash . . . like most cryptozoology photos.

In fact, most of these photos don't provide enough evidence to form a solid opinion. However, I've followed the Black Knight for a while, and I don't believe it's a heat shield, or blanket, or any other piece of space-junk. I definitely don't think it's alien in nature, but I don't think a civilian like you and me will ever know what it really is.

Elisa Lam is one of the weirdest stories here. It's easy to say she looks like she was trippin', but there's several details to the story that provide more questions than answers (like how she accessed the roof, the water tank, etc.). Especially if she was on drugs . . . doing some of that stuff might be even more difficult than if she was sober.

Weird stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Are you talking about the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles ?

I worked there installing their SMATV one Summer back in the 80's.

It was really creepy back then.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: smurfy

I have seen that photo before but always put it down to photo shop / fake but i will dig into it soon as it is quite interesting to say the least

Them Egyptians sure got about

The NASA pyramid on the moon is no pyramid. This video explains exactly what it is, and also gets stuck into Lunacognita, a person with a YouTube channel promoting this as real.

Thank you for that link cuckoold
it would have taken me hours of digging wish i could give you more than a star

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That video of Elisa Lam has freaked me out well and truly.

This post/video is right up my alley so thanks for posting it! I have heard of 90% of these but it doesn't make them any less weird.

The falling dude in that family picture has always creeped me out, too.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Excellent video clip! Have been spending time researching the items in it. Real or not they're all pretty creepy.

Like most folk, I found the ELisa Lam one really disturbing. Read somewhere that she was bipolar so that may explain the odd behaviour.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I've spoke to the father (RIP Jim) in person a good few years back.....he sounded convinced himself, he kept the same story all those years, and I certainly believe he believed no-one else was in the shot, although I have to admit, I'm not convinced it is anything out of the ordinary.

Being a local story though, it has always intrigued me, especially with the similar sighting at the Blue Streak missile launch / Woomera Test Range.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join