It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkness outside, very cold, strange light in the sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone. About 2 or 3 nights ago I had this dream. It was extremely vivid and I was actually surprised when I woke up. I thought the dream was real. (And no that's not what lucid dreaming is, before someone says that.) Anyhow, I am posting this dream here instead of the dreams forum because I'd like to use it as a prediction.

This is what I wrote on my fb page:

Had a strange/creepy dream 2 nights ago. One day the sun didn't seem to come up. It stayed dark all "day"... but we couldn't even tell how long it lasted. Nothing electrical was working. I remember eating cup noodles and being really cold. And then my mom had to go feed our two big dogs we have outside. And I really didn't want her to go outside. I was like, "Mommy, noooo! You can't go out there!" But she did anyway. My dad followed her out with his head light on (LED light that you strap to your head).
Looking outside it was very... dusty/foggy looking. There seemed to be something floating in the air (everywhere). It was like snow but gray and flaky. It was SO dark outside... I can't even describe to you the darkness. Except there was a strange light in the sky. It was like the moon... but it didn't even illuminate anything. It was just a light up there that you could kind of see through all the gray snow/dust.

The feeling in the dream was, this lasted for quite a while. It wasn't one of those winter/storm power outages. It seemed we were really hunkering down (ie. don't expect any electricity of natural light for a while).
I think I was able to gauge as much because at home, we have a LOT of food. It should last for quite a while. But in the dream, we were really desperate. We have very little left.

-------
Anyone else feel like something catastrophic is about to happen? It would be awful for this to happen.
My thinking is perhaps a caldera blows? What do you guys think? (What else could this be??)

Also, the part that I found interesting was this light up in the sky. It looked like the sun WAS out but because of the thickness of stuff in the air, it looks muted and so far away. The light wasn't able to light up the earth. It was like being out at night with the moon... but even the moon illuminates the night. This light did not.

And it was very cold. So either it was winter... or it was cold because the sun could not reach us.

In the dream I was shivering so bad. Snot was running out my nose and I was hunched up on the floor in the kitchen in a ball. I remember feeling helpless. And even my no-nonsense dad, who is a plane mechanic and knows how to fix things and survive (military trained) was looking very apprehensive and peeved.

(And of course it could have JUST been a dream)
edit on 28-9-2014 by UseHerName because: +

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UseHerName

Sounds like nuclear winter, the fallout from a supervolcano, or a comet strike!

Harsh stuff!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oooh yeah! I didn't even think of that. Thanks TrueBrit.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Definitely sounds like volcanic winter. If it does occur it won't be pretty. Last event (Toba) near killed off the worlds human population, only the very hardy (africans) survived it. A massive eruption from Toba, Yellowstone or even perhaps long Valley would send us all back to dark ages, literally. Do tell if you have any similar dreams.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes I also thought nuclear winter,else an event like Yellowstone erupting,and the aftermath-or as TrueBrit said,a cataclymic event on the level of a comet strike. I got the impression of nuclear winter more than anything else though,while reading your post.Disturbing dream to have.Thanks for sharing. reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Could also have been a forest fire. They will turn the sun black as sackcloth, too.

Was it cold because you live in the mountains? Where are you living in your dream?

When your parents go outside are there trees out there or buildings, like in a city?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I'm in Memphis. Same place in the dream. Same house. Same everything.
As far as I could see the big oak tree that shade the dogs area was still there.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UseHerName

Thanks for the reply. Then it wasn't a forest fire. Premonition? Stay tuned. Id' like to believe that. In one dream I had I found myself on the pacific coast looking out over the ocean. The sky was dark and filled with strange clouds.

It was cold, windy and raining. The rain was red!

I had the distinct impression that something very disastrous had happened ( i know not what) and I was seeing some after effects of it.

Those dreams are cool because its like your seeing some future event and from your place in the dream you can't tell what is, all we see there is some weird phenomenon that is unexplained.

Prophecy (like Revelations for instance) is a lot like that. Describing future events that are hard to translate into words.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Supervolcano eruption could cause something like that, but even then sky wouldn't be dark. Only during night. During day we would see dark brown sky. You could still be able to see during daylight hours, but it would be kinda moody. You said nothing electrical worked? That would come from nuclear war. Supervolcano eruptions don't cause EMP-blasts, but nuclear weapons would, when the nuclear device is exploded in atmosphere. Most electrical equipment would be disabled, but some small devices and devices with short wirings would be unaffected, such as cars and watches (Its myth that EMP would affect cars, but in reality most cars would be unaffected, cars have too short wirings to act as antennas).

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Interesting stuff OP!!

What you descrice does sound like what we are looking ahead to experience.I know a lot of people (including myself) have had dreams that relate to what i am about to say.

Now from the description you have given,i have to say, when i heard you say utter darkness, i thought of the 3 days of darkness that was experienced/expressed in the bible.Many people in the know have linked this documentation and exodus as the last time planet x made an appearence in circa 1600bc.

This darkness has been predicted again as it occurs when our poles-shift..this has happened before there is abundant evidence.Currently our magnetosphere/ionosphere and magnetic poles are under severe compression,again this is easily veriable.

Like others have said it also sounds like a nuclear winter..but i get the impression from what you have described,that this is far greater than a nuclear winter from a nuclear weapon..It could also be a dramatic worldwide eruption you have described..well, again this will occur soon,months maybe short years?..but when we reach the climax of this saga and the magnetic influence of planet x is at its greatest..all the volcanoes of the world will blow together.To me either way,you have just described this impending passage.

You my friend may well have had an excellent premention!!..i would be interested in hearing if you have any more and you may well want to hone in on your gift.

Stay well

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The thing that scares me most about a volcanic related disaster is the lack of water. Assuming you survive everything else, all surface water would be poisoned by ash. Then it'd spread to the water table so that even wells would be unusable. Most other sorts of disasters, like an earthquake or EMP/Solar Flare, leaves our resources untouched... but a volcano or comet would be catastrophic. Within the first 3 days most people would die of dehydration, unless they were already killed by the cold or the poisoned air.

Anyway, that's dark stuff. There are an unusually high number of active volcanoes right now, so this vision [if true] could represent any number of places... not necessarily a global disaster.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Could also have been a forest fire. They will turn the sun black as sackcloth, too.

I lost my home to a forest fire, and while the sun was blocked by the smoke, the sky was red from the inferno. What the OP describes is more akin to a post-volcanic eruption.

I too had a strange dream a few months ago that felt very prophetic. It was brief and occurred at the end of a dream cycle. It was as if I was standing in the center near the mouth of the harbour of my city, looking out towards the Atlantic. Before me was a large water tornado. Though unlike typical tornados, it wasn't whipping and whirling around erratically. It was perfectly stationary and symmetrical. It reached high up into the sky, where it appeared to be coming out of a circular opening in the clouds. Suddenly there was a flash of light within the opening, above the tornado. Then I woke up.

It was extremely vivid, and left me feeling quite disturbed. In the dream all I could think of was that the event was an unnatural phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

It was perfectly stationary and symmetrical. It reached high up into the sky, where it appeared to be coming out of a circular opening in the clouds. Suddenly there was a flash of light within the opening, above the tornado. Then I woke up.

Cool. Thanks for sharing that. Ever see a water spout? They are like tornados but more like what you just described.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had a,dream on Sept 8th posted in the I have a bad feeling thread. About someone dumping a disease into a river in Europe. On the 21st someone started a thread about polio being dumped into a river in Europe. Dream posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Event reported here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on PM000000300000000993936302014-09-28T15:36:22-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I've seen many water spouts. I live on the shore of the Chesapeake bay. They are anything but stationary. They are small compared to tornados. Thin and not very high. They move across the water and usually only last a few seconds before they dissipate. to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow so sorry about your home. I can't even imagine that.
Are you in California? a
We've had uncontrolled fires in the Okefenokee swamp here in southern Virginia. The smoke made the sky look dusty but day was still day. It just smelled very strong . The fires were far in the swamp where trucks couldn't go and we don't have those planes to dump on the fires here. They had to let it burn itself out

. a reply to: Gh0stwalker

edit on PMu30u0993950302014-09-28T15:50:46-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I've never seen one, personally. (sad)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I've seen them on the bay and once I saw twins on the James river. We are right at the mouth of the bay where the James empties into it. Lots of activity storm wise. Last summer a small tornado dropped boxes from a fish packing plant on my front lawn. The plant was about a mile away as the crow flies. I was outside on my porch watching the storm when a big four ft long two ft deep box landed first on the porch roof then tumbled onto the front lawn. It had the name if the local fish packing plant on it. Hurricanes often produce water spouts and tornados when they hit here.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel
I was in the Philippines when Mt. Pinatubo blew its top, at 3PM it was so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face. There was ash EVERYWHERE, and we were 26 miles away.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

Oh, that's interesting about the cars. I always heard cars would be affected. Good to know it's a myth.

And yes, I guess if in a supervolcano, you could still see during the day (brown sky, some light)... maybe it's not this then.

Right, the electrical devices not working would be the big clue, I guess.

a reply to: Buddyman

Thank you for your kind reply. I will keep you all posted.
I didn't even think of pole shift.
You guys come up with great ideas. Glad I posted this!

a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Sorry about your house! I can't even imagine.

Interesting dream. Perhaps related to mine?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join