It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

with all this doom and gloom going on whats left but fear....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I am not living in fear, the world around me is doing just fine and there are very few problems.

Radiation levels are not off the charts, cops aren't shooting people for no reason, there's no Ebola, the Illuminati haven't taken over the world and UFO's haven't landed here yet.

98% of the planet is doing ok and going on with it's normal daily schedule. You can scan the internet and ATS and surely find things going wrong and people committing atrocities but it's not the norm, it's an exception to the rule.

Quit focusing on the terrible things in the world and try living life without so much fear.

If your in a place where bad things are happening around you or to you then I feel for you and will help out in some way if I can but an emergency on the other side of the planet that I can not help with in any way does NOT constitute an emergency for me.

Not trying to sound cold hearted, just being honest

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Yes, there are a lot of negative and some very scary crap taking place on our planet every single day. It's very easy to get caught up in the negative things going on in our world, from ebola to proxy wars, from ISIS to Fukushima.

People have been saying what your are conveying in this thread, for ages. Imaging the fear people felt when bubonic plague was killing millions of people. Quite sure many people thought those were apocalyptic times.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yea and they didnt live in q bubble with a false sense of security... the times in the past dont compare to these times things could only go so wrong but with all the advances we have made things could only go so much more worse a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

why aint you a mod?

Thanks but no thanks.

I swim with the fishes.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Nice lol i love it!!!! Intrptr hey this is a small reason for my fear check out link

link

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yea and they didnt live in q bubble with a false sense of security...

The people who lived during the Bubonic plague probably thought that too. I'm sure they felt their ancestors lived with a false sense of security. Who could ever have imagined a plague so terrible?

the times in the past dont compare to these times things could only go so wrong but with all the advances we have made things could only go so much more worse.

While we have more technology and weaponry than in previous eras and generations, there is still one common denominator, we're all still human. So while the times now can't exaxtly be compared to the past, we can compare and contrast events and ideas of the times, right?

Black Death - Disaster Strikes:
25 million people died in just under five years between 1347 and 1352. Estimated population of Europe from 1000 to 1352:
1000=38 million
1100=48 million
1200=59 million
1300=70 million
1347=75 million
1352=50 million

The Black Death

So the people living in the 14th century during the Black Death and the 25million that died, don't compare to what exactly?

Also, don't forget about the Spanish Influenza Pandemic of 1918 that killed more people than WWI

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people.

It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.
The 1918 Spanish Influenza Pandemic

There will always be periods throughout history, including the times we are living in, where people think they're living in apocalyptic times.

I can recall as a child during the early 1980's where people were claiming 2000 was when the apocalypse would happen and the end of the world was upon us. I use to lay up at night freaking out that I'd never make it to 21. I did, now it's 2014 and that is 2 years after the 2012 debacle.

There will always be someone making claims about the end of the world. The chances they're right are slim to none.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked
Thanks for posting this quote - even if from a bad movie as you say. I'm dealing with personal fears/anxieties about my immediate future (job, finances, etc.) and this is a good quote for me to review to keep things grounded in the present.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

Not a problem. I feel it has a lot of contemporary meaning and it was the only point in the entire movie that was noteworthy, Will Smith looked directly into the camera and said it quite emphatically. Anyway, i wish you the best of luck with your endeavours.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join