It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entanglement, state swapping and bending time. Thought experiment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue
Many worlds says when you observe one ("collapse" in copenhagen) you split into a universe where both it, and the entangled one, shared correlated states, but there is no collapse.
That explanation is pretty close, but if you watch the video I referenced earlier by the physicist explaining it, the split is not actually made when the observation is made, rather the split occurred earlier, when the particles were still able to interact locally. That's how "many worlds" can explain entanglement locally.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
That's a popular theory, but it is sort of misguided. Yes, we "invented" the day and year and minute and hour... but time is a thing. We know this because we've gone smaller and smaller until we found the most base, uniform measure of time known as the atomic clock. This uses vibration of atoms. Time does exist, because it can be stretched and squashed by gravity and velocity. We can measure the number of oscillations of an atom on earth, and then above earth [less influence by gravity], and the actual base vibrations of the atoms differ in accordance with the subtle properties of space and time.

If you want to learn more read up on Time Dilation and The Arrow of Time.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Quantum tunneling is equivalent to playing a DVD in the present, but creating it in the past. Like prophecy in the Bible, we see the preview of coming attractions. Literally, attraction is what the invariant symmrtry laws dictate. Borrowing the future, we pay for the past. We also create the next attraction. We are the authors of the image we collapse, yet only as the translators of the first archetypes. Wave function always seeks symmetry, regardless of our choice to avoid the determined states of matter. We are translational symmetry. The invariant is invariable and independent. If not, we would not be dependent. We are dependent. The score for the orchestra is translated by the performer. Good luck trying to rearrange the score. Improvise instead, but stick to theory or you will only have chaos. Good jazz still follows rules.

That should clear it up for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Jazz is only one genre. That conductor can select an entirely song for the orchestra to play. There are multiple genres to choose from.

What one person likes for music, may not be another's cup of tea. One could even begin at first to love a song, but, start to dislike it over time. Even hate the song if it is overplayed.

It is even possible if the dislike of the song becomes so great, that the conductor refuses to play anything related to it ever again.
edit on 28-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

My point was that each score in the library is there as the archetype of the one that created it. We collapse the wave function of the score, no matter which piece is selected. The performer's interpretation is always that of his own making.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I know. But, I expand Many Worlds past that. I associate the archetype being used itself as the genre. Yet, more than one archetype/genre exists.

Hence, my reference to Jazz being only one genre. Sheets of music available to be selected by the conductor, but the music is not the conductor himself. The conductor is not limited by the archetype. He chooses it. He is limitless in his selection. The conductor is not trapped in a box of his own making.

My point is thus. What if the conductor, rejects the entire archetype the symphony that has been playing, and writes an entirely new piece of music... from an entirely different genre?

According to many worlds... Is this possible? Yes. In fact, it demands it.

One timeline for Many Worlds would be that all ancient texts are not spiritual truth or God's message at all, but simply fragments of oral myths passed down generation from generation after a major cataclysm, or series of them. Some truth is in them, not on a spiritual level, but historical. Each text, is simply trying to describe a much greater global and solar system wide civilization. Later, these texts became mixed with words of men that simply did not understand technology, or what was being described to them.

By using all of Earth's mythologies, such as Sumerian, Judaism, Indian, Egyptian, and Chinese texts and combining them where they have similarities, a better picture of said past civilization could be painted. We could even start hypothesizing what technology they had, the physics they used, the quality of life experienced. Their own spirituality, their culture, how much knowledge was accumulated, etc. We can also start asking questions, like if it was destroyed by nearby supernova, or, sadly, some interstellar war? What happened? How did it end? The possibilities are endless.

In such a timeline, you would have plans formulated on how to handle discovery of artifacts and disclosure of said ancient civilization. Evidence of the prior global civilization, even in a massively destroyed and decayed state, would even be present on Earth. Some, still unknown and awaiting discovery..

Quantum tunneling itself would not remain idle. Such song would travel forwards and backwards in time in order to make it come alive. Evidences of the new song would start to be revealed, or discovered.. Older truths, would be found out to be in error, demanding new questions for old answers. Thus, further promoting the new song, and ending of the old.

In essence, Entanglement would begin dissolving the old timeline that was once accepted truth about "reality" in an orderly fashion.

But... sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. Visual example:

Imagine the possibilities.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah, you're right Arbitrageur, I misspoke. I was thinking about that later. Its tricky, because there's two events - the moment when the universes split, (local entanglement) and the moment where you know what universe you're in, (observation) and you really have to draw a line in your mind. That distinction becomes really important when you think about some of this other paradoxical stuff like the experiment I linked to in my first response, that has future causing events in the past in Copenhagen. In many worlds, there is a split, and you are told that you are in a universe where a particle will go a certain way at a splitter by the interference pattern. In copenhagen, the particle decides which way to go at the splitter, and that decision effects the wave interference pattern in the past.

Its the power to predict the future vs. the power of the future to shape the predictions of the past. Different views of the same thing, I guess!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join