It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beheading Suspect Fired After Argument Over Stoning Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Local newspaper McCurtain Gazette reports (no online edition is available):

A classmate of Nolen's, who didn't wish to be identified, told this newspaper that he spoke to a close family member of Nolen's today.

He told this newspaper that according to the family member, Nolen was telling coworkers Thursday of an Islamic teaching that said women should be stoned for an offense, and that an argument followed the mark, Nolen was later fired and returned later Thursday, when he beheaded Colleen Hufford, the family member said

Link

and from the comments below the article -

“Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable.” Qur’an 3:85
“Terrorize and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the
Qur’an.”Qur’an 8:12

Now WHO believes Islam is a religion of peace? Everybody is making excuses for them. Well, there's a Oklahoma woman who would like a word with you except she can't talk because HER HEAD WAS CHOPPED OFF!!
*snip*

edit on PMSat, 27 Sep 2014 18:32:57 -0500America/Chicago1411860777K3227329 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2014 by maria_stardust because: Removed graphic containing personal information.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There are a few translations of the bible out there, I wonder if the Qur'an follows suit?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse
Yes there are many different translations, and some say "behead", some say "strike at the neck", etc but the meaning seems to stay pretty much the same.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I cant believe that this hasnt been on any British news today. I am only aware of it because of internet. I feel like it has been brushed aside as a domestic dispute rather than what it clearly is!

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Um the Christian bible and Jewish Torah both contain many instances of violence against sinners and nonbelievers. So why is it only the Quran that takes the heat?

For those of you lacking in education Islam is really not much different from Christianity or Judaism. Christianity is Judaism updated for Roman culture and Islam is Christianity updated for Arab culture. If you think Islam is fundamentally incorrect or immoral so is Judaism and Christianity. They all worship the same God.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Happens all the time. Same with Islam, I've heard many Bible verses quoted that speak of violence.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Now WHO believes Islam is a religion of peace?

Islam, is not exclusively a doctrine of religion, much as Buddhism.

When 'governments' decide this to be the case ... it will not be a good time to self-identify as a Muslim.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well there was the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted 600 years or so, and that was a disgrace, and I firmly stand against that sort of activity as well. The Spanish inquisition too, and countless instances. I'm talking here about what is Currently happening and becoming a trend. We're supposed to be more civilized by now.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Lets face it ultimately all rrligions believe in the same thing when it comes down to it. The gods have a different name and some of the prophets are different but believers believe there is something bigger and better after this life and thatcis what makes it so saf that so many wars are created for what purpose?a reply to: tavi45

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens
What is it clearly? seems like a mentaly unstable dude to me who latched on to religeon...unstable and religeon do not mix.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

Now WHO believes Islam is a religion of peace? Everybody is making excuses for them. Well, there's a Oklahoma woman who would like a word with you except she can't talk because HER HEAD WAS CHOPPED OFF!! *snip*

Christian bible right here:

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God

I can dig up several more like this. Christians are cursed by their god for not killing unbelievers, as well. Christianity just had a few more centuries under its belt to reign in the psychopath extremism.

Don't compare scripture of Islam and Christianity and say one is violent and the other peaceful.
edit on 9/27/2014 by maria_stardust because: Removed graphic from quote containing personal information.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Happens all the time. Same with Islam, I've heard many Bible verses quoted that speak of violence.

here you go...

Matthew 5:38-39 - Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Psalms 55:15 - Let death seize upon them, [and] let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness [is] in their dwellings, [and] among them.

Luke 18:9-14 - And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Genesis 9:5-6 - And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

there is just a few from the king james bible...i could more but im sure you get the point

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
Well that passage was obviously from the Old Testament, before the birth of Jesus Christ. The New Testament did away with the Old Law, which is basically the whole point of Christianity! Christ suffered for sin in our place.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
And how many people do you know that are going around killing women in the name of Christianity?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well that passage was obviously from the Old Testament, before the birth of Jesus Christ. The New Testament did away with the Old Law, which is basically the whole point of Christianity! Christ suffered for sin in our place.

Then why do I hear Christians quote from it? They tell me what is "sinful" and what is not based on what is in the OT. Is the OT a valid source for Christian wisdom or not?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Of course the Old Testament is a valid source, but the Old Law has been done away with, i.e. stoning, offering animal sacrifices, etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

And how many people do you know that are going around killing women in the name of Christianity?

It happens all the time in South America and Africa. Christians still burn "witches" and "heretics" there. The congregation will place a tire filled with gasoline around a little girl's neck and set it aflame. This is after a drawn-out torture just like the Europeans used to do.

People still suffer in the name of the Christian god. Horribly. There is nothing more evil in my eyes than sadistic torture being justified under the lies of "righteousness".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I agreed with tavi45 on how it's all the same God but I was merely pointing out that the violent Biblical verses are quoted just as much. So posting these was for what?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

You're right. So try being more civilized by realizing Muslim terrorists are a vast minority and most are created indirectly or directly by the West. # most Americans can't even tell the difference between a Muslim and Sikh.

mobile.nytimes.com...

Educate yourself before you start throwing blame around. At the birth of Islam the religion was about uniting the Arab world. It succeeded and the Arab world was the global center for education prosperity and tolerance. They did use force but so did Christianity.

When Islam almost overran Europe the Catholic Church pushed for Europeans to fight back. Every since the culturally and technologically advanced Muslims almost took over Europe from the uneducated oppressed Christians of Europe the western world has had a vendetta (though we did put it on hold in WWI to defeat the mostly secular Ottoman Empire before stabbing Muslims right in the back when we had a chance to end the cycle if violence). That vendetta is fueled from many different sources to ensure the power of the elites.

This new round of Muslim terrorism may be naturally formed or manufactured by the elite but either way the rank and file Muslim just wanted to raise a family in peace.

Yes they can be ignorant but so can Christians. Every time people talk about the Taliban veiling women and not letting them go to school I'm reminded of the same things done here in America by radical Christians. They just doubt behead people
In America because they don't need to since their religious control is state sanctioned by a stable government. Christians and Muslims are far more alike than either side is willing to admit and Jews are quieter and fly under the radar but also no different.

Please educate yourself. No I don't mean watch YouTube videos about ISIS. Actually sit down and read about history. Almost every bit of history has lessons with relevance today.

It's a shame history has been marginalized to such a strong degree worldwide. Remember we're civilized now. We can't learn anything from history right? Who cares about what happened with all those dead caveman retard types right?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

nobody that happened a thousand years or so ago during the crusades...at least in the western world
edit on 27-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join