It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Illegal to Help Your Friend...Gotta Pay The Govt.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

they used to hide the fact that we are nothing more than just slaves...now they are throwing right in our faces.....really the time for action is now before they implement more ...and while we still can have a voice before they make that illegal too

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I ran across this a while ago and just revisited it today; it seems pertinent:

Quinn Eaker - Statement After a SWAT raid on his Intentional Community

It is easy to be scared, intimidated and just plain complacent in the face of the rules and the seemingly unchallengeable power of the government. Yet we are all facing oppression every day. Ours is an extreme situation which inspires extreme results. This is our opportunity to address the injustice, the rape and the pillaging that is taking place all across America.

It is possible to live free, and it can be just to reprimand criminals- these are flip sides of the same coin. Yet within this spectrum, we can and MUST have due process of law; we can have the FACTS of a case presented and a just result can occur. This is why due process of law exists. So that JUSTICE can be served. When due process of law is followed, the result is commonly just. When it is not, the result is slavery.

We demand nothing but justice for those who have trespassed against us: for the facts to be heard and for a honorable judge and jury to hear these facts and see that justice is done according to the Law and the People.

Much more at the link...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I ran across this a while ago and just revisited it today; it seems pertinent:

Quinn Eaker - Statement After a SWAT raid on his Intentional Community

It is easy to be scared, intimidated and just plain complacent in the face of the rules and the seemingly unchallengeable power of the government. Yet we are all facing oppression every day. Ours is an extreme situation which inspires extreme results. This is our opportunity to address the injustice, the rape and the pillaging that is taking place all across America.

It is possible to live free, and it can be just to reprimand criminals- these are flip sides of the same coin. Yet within this spectrum, we can and MUST have due process of law; we can have the FACTS of a case presented and a just result can occur. This is why due process of law exists. So that JUSTICE can be served. When due process of law is followed, the result is commonly just. When it is not, the result is slavery.

We demand nothing but justice for those who have trespassed against us: for the facts to be heard and for a honorable judge and jury to hear these facts and see that justice is done according to the Law and the People.

Much more at the link...

Unfortunately, Due process is going the way of an extinct species. It can't make a comeback unless the bottom is torn from underneath the elite. We can't go back because it's too far.

The only way we reclaim who we are as a society is through complete and collective dissent. There will be blood but the outcome can be freedom if we all have commitment.

Unfortunately.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The American Dream isn't dead... You just have to go to either South or Central America now to obtain it..
I view this as a "non-positive" because I feel I must bring this to Your attention and that makes Me feel uncomfortable because We were getting along so well.. But L. Ron Hubbard beat You to the "make it a religion™ and make $Billion$ idea.
You could also start a NFL™ team, they haven't paid taxes since 1966 and because this is Ca. the SF 49ers™ have a new $1B stadium.. Guess who gets to pay for that? And when Levis™ paid the licensing fee on the stadium who got that $$$?

Its all a "con job"... in its entirety.

It is like sticking Your finger in a dyke, no way to catch up with ALL the lies, and misdirection and it is only IMPORTANT if it is happening to You.. It must be the whole "Think Locally, act Globally" campaign? I do know the skids need grease.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I used to believe America and americans were free, then I moved to Thailand. lol, americans don't know the meaning of freedom. Here you can own your land, pay no taxes on the land if not used commercially. I can change a water facet without a permit, even go so far as to build a house without permits and permission. Zoning is pretty much unheard of. We americans have been fleeced.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The winery could go non-profit. It would make a nice little community wine school. They just need a good CPA and lawyer on their Board of Directors and there it is! Then you got everybody legally donating their time, including the lawyer(s) and the CPA(s).

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I wonder when they will tear down the Winery to build a solar farm or something else the Chinese want after the failure of Cliven Bundy.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rken2
I used to believe America and americans were free, then I moved to Thailand. lol, americans don't know the meaning of freedom. Here you can own your land, pay no taxes on the land if not used commercially. I can change a water facet without a permit, even go so far as to build a house without permits and permission. Zoning is pretty much unheard of. We americans have been fleeced.

Korea was a wake up minute of freedom for me as well.

I could rent a space, get a permit, have my food/booze ordered from a street truck and open my bar that night. If I wanteD to open a food cart...just open it!

It takes Months over here. Plus the cost is prohibitive.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: occrest
If I wish to barter my time to a master tradesman for the knowledge i would glean from working with him/her that is my business and not the states. I am not "volunteering' anything. I am trading my time and labor for knowledge.

Volunteer for the 'public' (read state) sector? They want to benefit from free labor, to hell with the little guy. Sounds of jealousy to me.

The author's final note:

"Personal note: My wife is currently going through the process of renewing her RN license after a seven-year hiatus to focus on homeschooling. Her refresher course requires 160 hours of mandatory unpaid clinical work. It's annoying and a temporary financial burden for us, but it's not an "unfair" arrangement.
Read more at www.activistpost.com..."

Nice huh?

Peace

That's not unreasonable...160 hours is a lot better than going back to work as a nurse and making a mistake, being overwhelmed, etc. A lot has changed in the nursing field over the last seven years. She's going to need every bit of those hours to get her feet wet and back into the swing of things.

It's always unpaid, clinicals I mean. I will have to do over 400 as a nurse practitioner student AND try to work full time!
edit on 28-9-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That was a two time no-no as far as the Government is concerned. Gotta get those tax dollars for labor and control ALL agriculture. They are tightening that noose but we are still at least a decade from open rebellion IMO, if it ever happens at all that it is. Historically, I think things would have to get a lot worse before people start to really organize and stand up and then it will take violence when it does break. Then, the usual power vacuums and unpredictability.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: occrest
If I wish to barter my time to a master tradesman for the knowledge i would glean from working with him/her that is my business and not the states. I am not "volunteering' anything. I am trading my time and labor for knowledge.

Volunteer for the 'public' (read state) sector? They want to benefit from free labor, to hell with the little guy. Sounds of jealousy to me.

The author's final note:

"Personal note: My wife is currently going through the process of renewing her RN license after a seven-year hiatus to focus on homeschooling. Her refresher course requires 160 hours of mandatory unpaid clinical work. It's annoying and a temporary financial burden for us, but it's not an "unfair" arrangement.
Read more at www.activistpost.com..."

Nice huh?

Peace

That's not unreasonable...160 hours is a lot better than going back to work as a nurse and making a mistake, being overwhelmed, etc. A lot has changed in the nursing field over the last seven years. She's going to need every bit of those hours to get her feet wet and back into the swing of things.

It's always unpaid, clinicals I mean. I will have to do over 400 as a nurse practitioner student AND try to work full time!

The point I'm making is not the hours but the fact that the public sector can have unpaid interns but a small business can't have friends helping them out.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If I were them, I would find out if any of these politicians are linked to any other wineries in the area. This sounds bad, even for California. Wineries here where I live have grape stomping festivals and many other wineries volunteer and help each other out(except for a couple snooty ones).
edit on 28-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join