It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: dragonridr
Way to lie for your point, I never said it was okay to be terrorists and I have spent many posts in this thread saying violence isnt justified and typecasting isnt justified either.

My point with that is to point out the goddamn hypocrisy of people like you. You talk about the threat of muslims when we've CREATED more extremists than we've killed. And we've killed more innocent people than they have.

In europe right now, neo-nazis are taking over by spreading fear of islam. I dont want either taking over.

This is where I stand too.

People, the West has been invading, couping, occupying, manipulating, funding civil wars, and so on in the ME for centuries now. We've killed MILLIONs of people there. They've killed a fraction of the amount we have. AND, they have not been occupying our countries, changing the borders, removing leaders, etc.

Knowing the history, I'm not surprised at all that some of these people are trying to attack back. And before you say "but but but they are targeting some civilians," you need to realize that in Iraq War II alone, something around 200,000 civilians died. That is terrorism too, just state sponsored by the west.

The hypocrisy of the West and many of the people is amazing.

Here is a GREAT idea: How about the west stop NOW occupying the ME AND funding, arming, and training rebels AND stop attacking without a UN Security Council resolution. THEN we can talk about Muslim extremism and terrorism. Until our side stops, and ya'll stop supporting these actions, quite frankly they have a right to fight back.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The West acts according to its economic interests. And this means quasi-slavery for most of the world's people to maintain West's wealth.

The Muslims are also reduced to servants - most Muslims, except some very rich nations.

Islam offers equality to all Muslims. In reality, this is a pipe dream. Muslims are as divided as any other people on tribal and ethnic lines.

The extreme ideology and the idea of a Muslim empire has enthused a lot of Muslim dreamers. The chaos in ME has given them a chance.

They dreamers are pursuing a dream of a Muslim heaven that is not achievable in reality. However you cannot stop them from trying.

I think attacking Islamic State at this point is illogical. While it is fine to provide arms and training to groups that IS is against, air attacks within IS core area does not serve a great purpose.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Within Europe, the anti-Muslim sentiment may rise. Fact is Europe's integration policies have failed. Muslims have failed to integrate. The reason is Islam. A person can integrate into Europe's liberal culture only by renouncing Islam. Europe's liberal culture (actually atheist) is not in tune with Islam.

Islam has a history of Jihad (holy war) against non-believers. The large masses of non-believers in Europe may look like enemies to a Muslim fanatic.

The antagonism is bound to rise as the Government's attempt to differentiate between "moderate" and "extremist" Muslims fail to yield results.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia
That's exactly right, except one step further - EVERY group acts according to their economic interests. A christian woman wrote an awesome op ed in our newspaper about this very thing.

The muslims - like the communists, like the capitalists, like the christians, like the jews, like the atheists, like the freemasons, like the liberals and conservatives and literally EVERYONE - have been duped into believing in equality, when there was never any intent of it.

Greedy, power hungry people, professing to be of various faiths and ideologies dangle the carrot of freedom in front of us which we chase, and believe them when they say they'll give it to us. But all they want is wealth and power, and slaves.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
We have to be better. We have to resist the temptation to slide into the cesspit.

We have to avoid another Kristallnacht.

Amen to that Nef and thanks for posting this as it needs to be discussed.

Sometimes I'm not sure we should be calling ourselves civilized.

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join