It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristallnacht : A warning from history

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

And unless all Muslims are part of ISIS, then how is it right to condemn all of them for what the radicals do, when others do the same in the name of their religion, and it's barely noticed.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not sure where anyone said that was Okay???

I've read this whole thread????

Strange...

My point was about beheadings?

Any comment on that?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

So that justifies grouping ALL Muslims together, and condemning them all?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
I repeat, the irony is going over your head. You say its not similar when it is, just the positions are swapped.

Jewish bankers ruin German lives, Muslim extremist take innocent lives. Germans claim their increased persecution of the lot is justified, Americans claim their hatred of Islam is justified. Both groups say "but it's different from last time, because this time there actually is a threat". Both groups are WHOLLY convinced their spot is threatened.

I am not shocked by any sort of human nature, because I have seen both the cruellest and the most compassionate acts, from the same people. I mean, Hitler himself loved animals so much he was a vegetarian!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

May i enquire to your ideological affiliation?

Left/liberal etc....

Richay

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So that justifies grouping ALL Radical Muslims together, and condemning them all?

Fixed it for you

edit on 28-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

It's liable to stay different until Christians and Jews start beheading people that don't agree with them, in the name of their religion...

Everyone has the freedom of religion and belief, no matter what radical minorities may exist within any one religion.

That said, i can point to Jewish Zionists who go off and kill Palestinians in the West Bank, only because their book tells them that the land is rightfully theirs.

I can point to Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people and injured hundreds more. He believed himself to be a Christian Crusader.

The point is, there are always extreme minorities who kill for their religion. Islam is no different. And in saying that, it is inherently unfair to generalise all Muslims for the actions of radical Islamists. Else, we would have to generalise all Jews for the actions of murderous Zionists, and all Christians for the actions of a self-appointed Christian Crusader.
edit on 28-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: tadaman

AND I was saying that the comparison is not logical or true IMO.

Radical Muslims ARE engaged in terrible acts where as the Jews were not.

And this is the point many of us are trying to get through to people. RADICAL MUSLIMS. Not all Muslims. Not MOST Muslims. Unless you are of the belief that all Muslims are radicals. Thus the comparison is valid. Peaceful Muslims slandered.... as peaceful Jews were slandered.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So that justifies grouping ALL Muslims together, and condemning them all?

Afcourse no , but we must recognize the danger and address this problem.I'm sure that most of the people in Bahrein dont approve sharia law but is there.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's liable to stay different until Christians and Jews start beheading people that don't agree with them, in the name of their religion...

But thats not the point of the OP, is it?

The point of the OP, explained a different way is this.

People who go into schools and use guns to shoot people are inhuman.
Does that mean all people with guns are inhuman?

No. It doesn't. But trying to make out that they all are, and spreading fear, lies and propaganda that they all are is simply wrong. I know full well that you are a responsible firearms holder, as are the majority of people who own them and they don't deserve to be demonised for that - but if the trend of demonising becomes common place, and mainstream, then it is a slippery slop and there is a huge problem.

See where I'm coming from?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Richay699

May i enquire to your ideological affiliation?

Left/liberal etc....

Richay

I don't identify with any one ideology on the spectrum...
edit on 28-9-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

I didn't say you did say that. But it sure as hell comes across that if you're a radical Christian, you can do anything and it's all about how one person doesn't define a religion. If you're Muslim, you're condemned whether you're moderate or not.

Yes radical Muslims behead people, are there suddenly differing degrees to murder? Gunning someone down in church, in front of his family is bad, but beheading is EVIL.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Of course I do..

But there is a separation between killing and the animalistic behavior of these radicals..

I have seen killing, as you know more than most, but this is a special kind of animal here.

We have to be careful and not become apologists

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yes IF people were grouping the radicals together. They're talking about ALL Muslims.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis
The thing is, Christians and Jews dont behead because its not outlined in their holy books as a method of humane death. In the past, it was the fastest way to kill - medieval executioners with the guillotine, ya know? The slow sawing method used by ISIS is just for cruelty, and they convince each other its justified because it is technically beheading.

My point though, Christians and Jews, and hell Muslims and atheists too, prefer to just bomb the living # out of people they disagree with, or shoot them with M16s. Sometimes we throw in some napalm, white phosphorous, hellfire missiles, or depleted uranium rounds too.

Again, address my point: muslim extremists execute hundreds of innocent people. We bomb 500,000 CIVILIANS in Iraq alone. We are considered moderates. Why did they do their heinous deeds? Religion? Why did we do ours? Resources? Does it even matter, if you are the family member of a casualty?
edit on 28-9-2014 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

link   

If I did not say it, I did not intend it

Please don't assume you know what I am thinking. If unclear, ask I will explain..

That is a problem in this whole thread..

People are making assumptions on things never said or intended. Adding to what someone says is never a good idea

link   

We have to be careful and not become apologists

Who's apologising? I've seen that come up a few times here - no one has.

link   

No. We just bomb the hell out out them. Much bigger body count but not as terrifying as a beheading.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Gunning someone down in church, in front of his family is bad, but beheading is EVIL.

Yes..

As thinking people we have to look at intent, extent and motivations

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

And no one is saying we shouldn't recognize it, and stomp it out. But at the same time we have to be careful not to lump EVERYONE into that category.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join