It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Governors Visit Afghanistan for Terror Briefings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Four U.S. governors made a surprise visit to Afghanistan on Saturday as part of a delegation to receive counterterrorism briefings and greet troops stationed there.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, along with Brian Sandoval of Nevada, William Haslam of Tennessee and Jay Nixon of Missouri, traveled with officials from the U.S. Department of Defense, which sponsored the trip, Cuomo's office said. They were invited by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, his office said.

"During a period of heightened security concerns, we are working closely with our federal partners to increase preparedness at home in New York and protect our citizens from the threat of global terrorism," Cuomo said in a statement.

4 Governors Visit Afghanistan for Terror Briefings

What in the world?

Why send four governors all the way to Afghanistan for terror briefings? Can't we do that here in the States?

Can't we even use Skype?

Here's more from the Wall Street Journal:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo took a covert flight to Afghanistan Saturday as part of a three-day overseas trip sponsored by the U.S. military, according to his office and a person familiar with the matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Grotesque political grandstanding by cowards.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Republican Defense Secretary Hagel invited two democrat and two republican governors to go all the way to Afghanistan on the tax payers dime? Travel and security and meals and housing etc etc .... that's a lot of money spent without good reason. If they were senators on a defense committee or something like that then maybe. But these governors? I'm not seeing why.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I guess what they don't know is that the "real" terrorists are in the United States.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I wonder if any of these governors are up for election this season? This seems more like a PR stunt to get pictures and video for political campaign ads. What a tragic waste of money IMO.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Subtle Diplomacy

The message is clear: to truly understand terrorism, one must go to Afghanistan in person.

I still have a few questions, and I hear the snowboarding is awesome in Bamiyan.

Maybe Secretary Hagel can hook me up, too?

top topics

join